Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hitman 5 Art?

Tore Blystad's twitter feed features links to a bunch of photos and art from this IO Interactive Game Director/Art Director, including a shot of level design on a whiteboard, character work-in-progress, inspiring speculation this may be related to the still-unannounced Hitman 5. The shots are background materials, rather than essential game elements as he says: "sorry, can't comment on that.. I can only provide more or less obscure artifacts from the game until announcement.." He adds: "the official announcement is still being planned, i can't say other than 'soon'.. I'm so looking forward to being able to talk!" Presumably this announcement will come soon, as he also notes "Today the new level work will come back from our outsourcing studio in shanghai! Looking forward to it!" Thanks GamersMint via Digg.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Hitman 5 Art? Apr 25, 2011, 23:17 Jerykk

I can see it already. Agent 47 becomes a member of an elite military force and is air-dropped into a war-torn Middle-East and/or Eastern Europe, where he uses his invisibility suit and shoulder-mounted rocket launchers to take out waves of terrorists and/or Communists.

Sadly, the scenario I just described is indeed coming to fruition with the next Ghost Recon game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Hitman 5 Art? Apr 25, 2011, 18:37 Draugr

Halo wrote on Apr 25, 2011, 12:30:
One of my favorite game series. Can't wait to see what's new; if you can't screw a game series up in 4 attempts it can only get better.

If only that were true.

3. Re: Hitman 5 Art? Apr 25, 2011, 15:06 Halo

Jerykk wrote on Apr 25, 2011, 14:51:
Keep in mind that the last Hitman came out in 2006, before developers started using CoD4 as "inspiration" for all their design choices. At this point, I'm praying that IO does not do the same.

Hrmmm I didn't actually think about that. Maybe they'll just hold your hand through the missions, I don't think it'll turn into a auto health regen/cover based shooter. The white board seems to have some thought put into it. I always reinstall the games once or twice a year for another play through. Might only get 3 installs on the new version haha.

2. Re: Hitman 5 Art? Apr 25, 2011, 14:51 Jerykk

Keep in mind that the last Hitman came out in 2006, before developers started using CoD4 as "inspiration" for all their design choices. At this point, I'm praying that IO does not do the same.  

1. Re: Hitman 5 Art? Apr 25, 2011, 12:30 Halo

One of my favorite game series. Can't wait to see what's new; if you can't screw a game series up in 4 attempts it can only get better.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo