Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeon Siege III Trailer

A new trailer from Dungeon Siege III introduces Anjali, another of the characters in the upcoming action/RPG sequel. Word is: "Anjali is an Archon - a literal legend, come to life. In the stories of old, archons were spirits of fire, who served the long-lost creator gods. However, Anjali was raised by those who were sympathetic to the plight of the Legion. As such, Anjali does not know how she came to this world, what happened to the others of her kind or the true extent of her awesome power. Anjali is able to shift freely between her human form and an incarnation of pure elemental fire. In human form, she fights with a staff or a spear, allowing her to fend off multiple attackers while leaping in and out of the fray. In her fiery incarnation, she can hurl bolts of flames at ranged targets, flood entire areas with heat and fire, or inflict searing wounds that injure her foes over time. Anjali has many surprises for those who oppose her from both the martial to the mystical, but few strike terror into the hearts of her enemies like the summoning of her Fire Jackal." Here's the embedded version.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 22, 2011, 02:34 Jonny5

great tool LOL

http://glados.biringa.com/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 22, 2011, 00:40 Mcboinkens

Grounded wrote on Apr 21, 2011, 23:04:
This game looks crappy. I hate the close in Dragon Age wannabe graphics.

Garbage

You realize that Dungeion Siege II came out long before Dragon Age, and its graphics were pretty much just an older version of what this trailer showed? This game isn't copying Dragon Age, by any means.

10. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 23:58 Acleacius

I'm a huge Obsidian fan (and all their previous incantations) this maybe the first Obsidian game I won't buy on release. It isn't grabbing my attention at all. If I had to guess it's becasue I don't hear anything about the RPGness, the Deep Story or Character Development.

However the development goes, even cutting out the Party for Single Player aspect has nothing to do with Obsidian's choice, afaik they were contracted to make a specific game. My bet is m$ wanted something to compete with the monster that is Diablo.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

9. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 23:04 Grounded

This game looks crappy. I hate the close in Dragon Age wannabe graphics.

Garbage

8. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 20:53 Sepharo

Jonny5 wrote on Apr 21, 2011, 18:43:
been lurking a LONNNNGGG time

Read this in GLaDOS voice.

7. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 20:35 JayDeath

The mp for the first one was really fun. Is anyone still playing it? I'm pretty sure I still have my high level char saved somewhere on my harddrive.  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

I want a new Brothers in Arms game!

6. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 19:44 Yakubs

For starters, it looks like a bad Diablo clone with ultra-dark graphics so you can't see anything.  

5. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 18:43 Jonny5

I too am curious how this looks terrible.... go on? Some times I feel blue posters just hate to hate, and love doing it. And yes, look at my sign on date...been lurking a LONNNNGGG time, I feel I know each and everyone of you.  

4. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 17:43 Mastaba

Elaborate, how does it look terrible to you?  

3. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 17:10 saluk

In other words he should skip the older games and play the newer one. No reason to be disappointed then! I found these games overrated myself. But they dont make enough like them now.

And this game looks terrible.

2. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 16:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

necrosis wrote on Apr 21, 2011, 14:35:
I know things are still being released about this game but if I pick up 3 without playing 1 and 2 will I miss or not get anything?

You will miss out on the tremendous opportunity to feel rage and sorrow over the loss of a somewhat interesting full party control game, in favor of yet another solo character 'action-rpg.'

Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 featured parties of up to 8 or 6 party characters respectively that you could control simultaneously, whereas DS3 is basically a single player character per player game.

Basically the main selling point of the first two Dungeon Siege games is no longer present, making this game barely a Dungeon Siege game at all.

1. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 14:35 necrosis

I know things are still being released about this game but if I pick up 3 without playing 1 and 2 will I miss or not get anything?  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo