Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Magicka Free Map Poll

There's a poll on the Magicka FaceBook Page to determine which of two challenge maps will be released for free in Magicka, the action/adventure from Arrowhead Games. The poll is between Caverns and Marshlands. Both maps will be released on April 26th, but only one will be free. Here's word:

Players will soon be able to punish themselves by attempting the Caverns and Marshlands maps, each featuring a different swarm of terrible creatures with an appetite for your face. Wizards can try to survive the Caverns, inhabited by more trolls than this website, or try something refreshing and new in the Marshlands: Zombies, the monster that fills a completely untapped niche.

While both maps are difficult and dangerous enough that adding them to one’s Magicka game is the demented act of a madman, one of these maps will be offered entirely free of charge, while the other one will cost a comparatively astronomical 1.99 USD. Choosing which map will be free is an agonizing decision though, which we didn’t feel like making, so instead we’re opting to conduct an extremely scientific poll via Facebook to let Magicka fans ultimately decide. This poll will run for only 24 hours, allowing it to fit within our very short attention spans. Look, a squirrel! Wait, what did we just say?

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Magicka Free Map Poll Apr 20, 2011, 20:54 Rilcon

Full price was less than a steak dinner at a mediocre restaurant. I can deal with being "nickle and dimed" for new content that actually costs money to develop in the first place.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Magicka Free Map Poll Apr 20, 2011, 17:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

mag wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 16:47:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 15:50:
Hrm, where is the option for BOTH maps free?

Enough nickle and dime bullshit, already. People who bought this game Day 1 already paid to beta test it for you, it was incredibly buggy.

*headdesk* If they hadn't given you anything new, you'd not have said a word. They give you something for free--they let you CHOOSE what you want for free--and your complaint is that you WANT MOAR FOR FREE.

Look, most companies used to release maps for free. It's only recently that people have come to accept additional maps as paid DLC.

Aside from that, the game was UNPLAYABLE for basically a month or more, for people who paid full price. If it wasn't that bad, MAYBE I could tolerate paying for additional map(s).

Yes, I would have liked both maps for free, and I am not really keen on yet another game/developer/publisher trying to persuade people to use Facebook.

They still haven't even fixed the bug that allows players to fall through the world, to their instant deaths. How many months has it been? Fix that COMPLETELY before you talk about paying for more maps. Currently it is mostly fixed, but still possible to fall through the world, especially after getting bounced around a bit by an enemy.

As far as joining games to use that map, when you haven't bought the DLC; interesting, but I most likely won't sidestep the issue like that, assuming I have the willpower.

3. Re: Magicka Free Map Poll Apr 20, 2011, 16:47 mag

Enough nickle and dime bullshit, already. People who bought this game Day 1 already paid to beta test it for you, it was incredibly buggy.

*headdesk* If they hadn't given you anything new, you'd not have said a word. They give you something for free--they let you CHOOSE what you want for free--and your complaint is that you WANT MOAR FOR FREE.

2. Re: Magicka Free Map Poll Apr 20, 2011, 16:01 ASeven

And I would be tempted to agree with you if not for one crucial detail:

If you join a game of someone who has the DLC then you don't need it installed or bought.

Aren't indies great?

1. Re: Magicka Free Map Poll Apr 20, 2011, 15:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo