Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 20, 2011, 09:47 nin

I always stuck with bots...so many memories of DMMorphius and the redeemer.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 20, 2011, 08:31 Shok

nin wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 23:37:

You know, I've heard of that renderer for awhile now, but that's the first time I followed the link. My god...DX and UT both look outstanding.

There goes my weekend!

Thanks!

Re: UT online, I had an issue with an anti-cheating mod that downloaded from servers I was trying to connect to. I forget the name of the mod offhand but most servers have it. All I know is the latest d3d10 renderer version 23 didn't work but version 22 does so use that renderer if you want to play UT online. I thought it was slick how a game from 1999 auto-downloaded the anti-cheat mod and I didn't need to fuss with manually installing it. Also, I was running the GoG version of UT (v436) fyi.

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 20, 2011, 02:20 mag

I got a ton of play out of UT2k4. I preferred Q3A to the original UT, though.

Still think U2:XMP was the greatest Unreal multiplayer, though.

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 20, 2011, 01:10 Suckage

The original UT was pure gold... although I seem to be one of the few who really loved UT2k3's Bombing Run mode.  

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 20, 2011, 00:08 nin

Of all the UTs, the original was the one I played the most, hands down.

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 20, 2011, 00:06 A51Abductee

The DX10 renderer works like a godsend on Deus Ex. Can't even imagine playing DX or UT without it.

Have to say that unlike some more recent Epic releases, UT was definitely worth full price, which in 1999 was $40 USD if I remember correctly. Maybe it's surprising to some, but plenty of people still play UT today.

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 19, 2011, 23:37 nin

Shok wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 23:18:
I know I've never played anything from Epic that I thought was worth more than $20 out of the gate.

I agree except for two games. Unreal Tournament and the first Unreal I suppose. Back then everyone was ooohing and ahhing over graphics and the AI enemies [in Unreal] and how they rolled out of the way into cover. UT? I just played it this past weekend with the updated d3d10 renderer that's out there and it's still fun to play online or single player against bots.

You know, I've heard of that renderer for awhile now, but that's the first time I followed the link. My god...DX and UT both look outstanding.

There goes my weekend!

Thanks!

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 19, 2011, 23:18 Shok

I know I've never played anything from Epic that I thought was worth more than $20 out of the gate.

I agree except for two games. Unreal Tournament and the first Unreal I suppose. Back then everyone was ooohing and ahhing over graphics and the AI enemies [in Unreal] and how they rolled out of the way into cover. UT? I just played it this past weekend with the updated d3d10 renderer that's out there and it's still fun to play online or single player against bots.

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 19, 2011, 21:38 Cutter

If there's anything that's killing us [in the traditional games business] it's dollar apps," he lamented. "How do you sell someone a $60 game that's really worth it ... They're used to 99 cents. As I said, it's an uncertain time in the industry. But it's an exciting time for whoever picks the right path and wins."

Well maybe because the vast majority of games have never been worth their overpriced pricetags and now that people are starting to get real alternatives you'll just have to adapt or die like everything else. I know I've never played anything from Epic that I thought was worth more than $20 out of the gate.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo