Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE Trailer

The RAGE Website now offers a new gameplay trailer from RAGE, id Software's upcoming first-person shooter. The clip features gameplay footage showing the player on a quest in the Dead City. Included is a lot of combat demonstrating the use of several weapons on various enemies.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

12. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 11:33 Creston

Hmmm... I hope most of my misgivings are because this was a demo of a console version, because otherwise...

- ridiculously clunky weapon switching.
- slow ass movement (both view and movement.)
- The sniper sequence... Shit. The first shot was right on target, but the other two are nowhere fucking NEAR hitting anything, and yet the monsters get damaged. So that means they either have a hitbox the size of fucking Nebraska, or the game is HIDEOUSLY auto-aiming.
- That shuriken thing that insta-kills enemies is just retarded. It moves at like 4mph and kills everything it hits? it wouldn't even make anyone BLEED if it was moving that slowly. Why go for such a gritty, realistic feel in everything else, then have something that looks so goofy in your game too? Sigh.

- Regenerating health. Yay.

On the good side, the framerate was smooth as silk and I absolutely LOVED the way that dead city level looked. Also really enjoyed the size of the monsters, and how they can come at you from a ton of different angles. Hopefully this game will finally do away with the "sit around the corner and shotgun the enemies one by one as they come into view." crap that's been in shooters for way too long.

And the lip synching with the voice actor was spot on. Probably just as good as Half Life 2's (only took half a decade for other games to catch up, apparently.)

So I'm torn. If the PC version has better movement, better weapon switching and no fucking auto-aim/shitty hitbox, I'm over it like melted butter.

If all that shit is in the PC version too, yeah, this'll be a five dollar sale on Steam in 2012 somewhere.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 11:25 SirKnight

Zuckuss wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 10:45:
Meh, After the BF3 trailer yesterday, I think I will pass on this. Or bargain bin at most.

Are you limited to one game per year or something?

For me, I find Rage to be much more appealing than BF3, which looks too CoD like.

10. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 11:24 Starang

reisub wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 11:02:
Could be fun. The trailer makes me wonder how people can stand to use a control pad for FPSs though.
This

9. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 11:22 SirKnight

Looks like this plays exactly like any other id game (which is a good thing of course). But this time you can see where you're going!  

8. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 11:08 Wallshadows

Maybe it's just me but I found both this engine and the last to give a 'plastic' look to certain skins and textures. I can't quite put my finger on it though, it just seems odd.

Also, one thing which bugs me about the video shown is that the guy is laying in to what looks like a mini boss with a shotgun, rocket launcher and a grenade and it takes no skin damage; it's simply a static model. If I throw grenades, shoot rockets and use a shot gun on a baddie, I expect some kind of damage.

7. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 11:05 Darks

I will never understand why anyone that is promoting their game will use a crappy console to do so, when the pc is far more superior for showing off the games true beauty. Its mind boggling to say the least. The game defiantly looks good; Coop is a big plus for this game too.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

6. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 11:02 reisub

Could be fun. The trailer makes me wonder how people can stand to use a control pad for FPSs though.  

5. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 10:52 Fibrocyte

Zuckuss wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 10:45:
Meh, After the BF3 trailer yesterday, I think I will pass on this. Or bargain bin at most.

When you find really fresh strawberries in the grocery store does that make you decide not to change the oil in your car for a while longer? Just curious...

4. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 10:51 Fibrocyte

Watter wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 10:27:
I hope that was a console based video because if the weapon switching is that consolized and cumbersome in the PC version, I'll be pretty dissapointed. On the bright side, it looked great, if perhaps a little more "on rails" than I imagined.

Consolized consolitis!!

3. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 10:50 Ratty

OK, that was awesome.  

2. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 10:45 Zuckuss

1. No subject Apr 19, 2011, 10:27 Watter

I hope that was a console based video because if the weapon switching is that consolized and cumbersome in the PC version, I'll be pretty dissapointed. On the bright side, it looked great, if perhaps a little more "on rails" than I imagined.  

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo