Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE Trailer

The RAGE Website now offers a new gameplay trailer from RAGE, id Software's upcoming first-person shooter. The clip features gameplay footage showing the player on a quest in the Dead City. Included is a lot of combat demonstrating the use of several weapons on various enemies.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

32. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 17:18 The Half Elf

Ok the gameplay seems very slow. Secondly, if a baddies can break through a wall (at the start of the combat) why can't he bash the junked vehicles around at the player?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 17:10 Cutter

Meh. Doom in a post-apocalypse environment. Big whoop. No anatomical damage - shooting out legs and stuff, one man walking arsenal with every weapon imaginible for every situation, static environment, etc. yawn, no thanks. Maybe...maybe I'll check it out in the bargain bin.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

30. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 16:21 Beamer

Judder comes when your source and your display aren't in a similar fps.

So, though I may be mistaken, the comment seems stupid. For one, any display that can show 60 can show 30 just fine - just duplicate each frame. For another, the source here is gameplay that's then put into a flash video, so who knows where judder may enter or what fps the video is playing in.
But judder comes from your source and your display not having a frame rate that's a proper multiple of one another. So, again, 60hz displays can just double 30fps source to get 60fps. Movies judder because they're filmed at 24fps. How do you put 24 into 30 or 60? It isn't easy and results in 1 frame being repeated every few seconds. This is common with bluray movies and many HDTVs. It isn't something you tend to find in video games, ever, as they're either 30 or 60 fps which matches exceedingly well with HDTVs.

Anyway, my comments:
1) Looks like a less vibrant, more detailed Bulletstorm (visually.)
2) For the love of god, devs, stop blinding us. Hindering our vision as a punishment for damage is one thing, but totally blinding us sucks and isn't a fun mechanic.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

29. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 16:15 Optional nickname

Typical FPS with the exact same movements, the weapon always in still motion, the viewpoint always the same, the blades of grass always tall like wheatfields

I dunno John, I hope it sells, it probably will, but I am just repulsed at all typical FPS games. Sorry, not my genre, but still just my 2 cents.

28. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 15:51 DrEvil

FiLTHY_SNiPER wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 13:04:
I could clearly see pan juttering, so it's no doubt capped at 30fps like most console games.

Nope. Carmack explicitly stated in a recent interview that he repeatedly and forcibly insisted that the game run at 60. He mentioned that as a result of that, they had to make some visual tradeoffs he wasn't completely happy about, but felt that 60+ was really important.

27. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 15:34 Pigeon

Obviously they're targeting most of their marketing efforts towards the console crowd. Hopefully this doesn't mean the PC gets the shaft, and gets stuck with clunky console controls and interface. Seeing as this IS ID, one of companies that defined FPS gaming on PCs, I would be inclined to think they'll give the PC version the attention it deserves. That said, it'll be that much more disappointing if they don't.  

26. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 15:03 Drayth

I saw it running at PAX east, it's a 60hz game. And yes, it's pretty awesome for an id game.

In the video before this one that everyone wasn't so happy with, they weren't showing the cool thing from the level with all the mutants.

--Mild Spoiler--

It's a spot out in the wasteland that a guy has put up a maverick TV Station.. people go there to participate in a show that's a mix of The Running Man (the movie) + Smash TV (the old video game) like scenario. There's things like mutants coming out of a giant slot machine. Rooms with rotating dummys with blades sticking out of them, all while you fight the mutants, etc. It was really cool.

25. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 15:02 The Pyro

This video blew me away in comparison to the last couple RAGE gameplay vids. It looks a helluva lot more fun ...

My sentiments exactly. I was decidedly underwhelmed by the last RAGE trailer I saw (about a week ago I guess?), but this one actually makes the game look fun. I particularly enjoyed the last segment of the clip, during which multiple mutants start swarming out of the ruined city landscape. There's hope for this game yet.

24. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 13:49 Theo

Its been said over and over its a 60 hz game. i think it looks cool, annoyingly ill prolly end up getting it for PC and Xbox if it is anygood.... (wishing for 1 license any platform day to come)..

recently announced co-op features should be sweet, i really like co-op play thesedays.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

23. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 13:44 xDarkMatterx

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 13:26:
Krull is either one of the worst movies of all time or one of the GREATEST B movies of all time; I'm leaning towards the latter. :D
I love it and think it is a great fantasy adventure movie. I even had the game on my Atari 2600 way back in the day.

22. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 13:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game actually looks really good. It's also nice to see they ripped off Krull, and you have a reusable glaive (the large shuriken-looking thing).

Krull is either one of the worst movies of all time or one of the GREATEST B movies of all time; I'm leaning towards the latter.

Aside from that, looks somewhere between Borderlands and Quake1, in terms of gameplay. Should be fun.

21. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 13:08 Creston

FiLTHY_SNiPER wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 13:04:
Creston wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 11:33:
On the good side, the framerate was smooth as silk
I could clearly see pan juttering, so it's no doubt capped at 30fps like most console games.

Where do you see the juttering, specifically? I didn't notice it, but then I am old as fuck and my eyesight is shitty.

And Carmack has stated over and over that it runs at 60fps on the consoles, so I doubt they'd release it running it at 30?

Creston

20. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 13:04 DG

Looked at least interesting, will be hoping for a demo (short will do) to settle concerns though.  

19. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 13:04 siapnar

This video blew me away in comparison to the last couple RAGE gameplay vids. It looks a helluva lot more fun (apart from a few shortcomings), and the graphics are fantastic, even if the texture detail is low (console, obviously).

Creston wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 11:33:
On the good side, the framerate was smooth as silk

With a controller, it's less noticeable, though.

xDarkMatterx wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 12:18:
Ok, Raven, now that Id has a new engine out, get to work on a new Jedi Knight game. THANKS!

This will never come, no doubt, but I'd definitely snap a batch in my pants if it did.

I have projectile dysfunction.

18. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 12:46 reisub

There's no point talking about auto-aim, huge hit boxes, lock-on etc. It's the console version so these features are mandatory. I'd be very surprised if you couldn't at least turn them off on PC, if they're there at all.  

17. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 12:43 descender

Some of the "view" movements are very sketchy. It almost seems like it "locks on" to some of the targets he is firing at, especially the one that jumps just to his left at his face.  

16. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 12:22 xDarkMatterx

Verno wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 12:20:
I think poor Raven is stuck doing Call of Duty shit now, Activision left Singularity to the wolves with zero support and that was their last pet project AFAIK.
That really makes me rage. I will never forgive Microsoft for what they did to Ensemble and it looks like the same here. BAH.

15. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 12:20 Verno

I think poor Raven is stuck doing Call of Duty shit now, Activision left Singularity to the wolves with zero support and that was their last pet project AFAIK.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

14. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 12:18 xDarkMatterx

Ok, Raven, now that Id has a new engine out, get to work on a new Jedi Knight game. THANKS!  

13. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 11:36 Wallshadows

hitbox the size of fucking Nebraska

This made me have a good laugh. Good work, kind sir!

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo