Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Playable Overgrowth

A new Overgrowth a127 video changelog on the Wolfire Games Blog shows a playable alpha version is now being tested for Overgrowth, a 3D action/adventure coming to Windows, Mac, and Linux. Word is: "Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire." Thanks Ant via Rock, Paper, Shotgun/LinuxGames.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Playable Overgrowth Apr 20, 2011, 14:37 siapnar

I just pre-ordered  

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Playable Overgrowth Apr 20, 2011, 02:53 Rilcon

Lugaru is still a game I play every once in a while; works well on my ages old laptop and is a great time waster. Quite looking forward to Overgrowth.  

9. Re: Playable Overgrowth Apr 19, 2011, 19:16 Cutter

Halo wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 19:07:
Overon wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 17:09:
No it's at least 10

It's 5

Spoilsport.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

8. Re: Playable Overgrowth Apr 19, 2011, 19:07 Halo

Overon wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 17:09:
No it's at least 10

It's 5

"David Rosen started Wolfire Games in 2003 to organize his open source video game contest entries. After graduating college in 2008, he was joined by his twin brother and three friends and Wolfire Games officially dove into the independent game industry."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfire_Games

lol wut?

7. Re: Playable Overgrowth Apr 19, 2011, 18:57 Jerykk

This game has the most convincing combat and physics I've seen yet. Hits actually feel like they have force. Unfortunately, it's still more of a tech demo than an actual game. I don't expect to see the finished game for at least a year or two.  

6. Re: Playable Overgrowth Apr 19, 2011, 17:09 Overon

No it's at least 10  

5. Re: Playable Overgrowth Apr 19, 2011, 16:30 Cutter

It was 8 people last I heard.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

4. Re: Playable Overgrowth Apr 19, 2011, 16:19 Sir Graves

Hmm, maybe it's 6 people?  

3. Re: Playable Overgrowth Apr 19, 2011, 14:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's actually 4 people now for the Overgrowth team, last time I checked. Still a very small group, but obviously they got some artists, compared to the solo effort that was this game's predecessor, Lugaru.

This game actually looks pretty good now, Lugaru's graphics just assaulted my eyes.

2. Re: Playable Overgrowth Apr 19, 2011, 13:50 Xil

as far as I know its 2 people at the core and some freelance or something, not 100% sure. But they also the people behind the Humble Bundle.  

1. Re: Playable Overgrowth Apr 19, 2011, 13:06 siapnar

I think this whole game is made by one dude... which is very impressive.

Reminds me of C&R Combo's effort making Out of Hell mod for UT, which he did all himself.

EDIT: The Overgrowth website is awesome

I have projectile dysfunction.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo