Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Trailer

The full 12-minute Battlefield 3 Fault Line Gameplay Trailer (NSFW) is now available, though the version with developer commentary will not be unlocked until the Battlefield FaceBook Page has one million fans. This footage was previously released in shorter episodes. Thanks Ant via Araes.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 17, 2011, 23:14 Shataan

Show too much to early? If a bit of new footage would be showing too much, can`t be much of a game then. Again, regurg of footage already shown, is leaning towards cheap considering the buildup. Ya don`t reward peeps with already shown footage. *shrugs*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 17, 2011, 13:11 Jackplug

They are saving the best for last, why show too much too early when you can have your fans drooling for more and we will drool. It looks and sounds like one fucking awesome game that will not be missed(only by black ops kids, thankfully)  

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 17, 2011, 07:32 xXBatmanXx

So I didn't see much that we hadn't already seen.....maybe just the earthquake and crawling through a air duct. woohoo...not very impressive. Makes you wonder how much of the game is actually done....

Would much rather see MP footage.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 17, 2011, 05:56 Jerykk

To be fair, most western games these days are easy even on the highest difficulty setting. This is mainly because most games have pretty poor balancing and/or lousy AI. Increasing enemy health and damage will make combat last longer but it won't fix inherent balancing issues, nor will it make enemies smarter. Mass Effect, for example, is easy because the level design is predictable (if an area has lots of waist-high cover, enemies are guaranteed to spawn on the other side) and the AI almost never flanks you. In ME2, you also have regenerating health and an infinite amount of revives for your companions.

Despite its numerous flaws, Dragon Age 2 actually has a pretty good way of scaling challenge with its difficulty levels. Not only do enemies have significantly more health and do more damage on Nightmare difficulty, but your low-fortitude characters are either staggered or knocked down by any enemy attack. Enemies also focus on your archers and mages on Nightmare difficulty, making tanks far more important than on the other difficulties. The addition of friendly fire and slower cooldowns also requires you to be much more strategic with your attack timing and placement.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2011, 06:07.

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 17, 2011, 04:53 finga

Bhruic wrote on Apr 17, 2011, 03:44:
It looks like you can take WAY to many shots, should be 1-3 shots DEAD, that dude seem to be indestructible.

Yeah, I'm hoping that was done deliberately for the demo - ie, they made him unkillable just to show things off. If you can actually take that much fire in the game without dying, well, that'll be extremely disappointing.

Although as someone said, they are bound to have hardcore mode.

Yeah, these games almost always have a high difficulty mode for those who want it. What sucks is seeing people complain that a game is too easy, then admitting they didn't even touch the difficulty. I've got a couple of friends who bitched to no end about how boring and easy Mass Effect 2's combat was, when all they played on was Normal. And because they had such an apparently awful time with it, they refuse to go back and give it a shot on higher difficulty. I guess a twenty-minute reinstall in the background IS a lot of work...

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 17, 2011, 03:51 WyldKat

Hopefully the aircraft controls are like BF2 and not the nerfed kiddie flight model the helos had in Bad Company 2.  

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 17, 2011, 03:44 Bhruic

It looks like you can take WAY to many shots, should be 1-3 shots DEAD, that dude seem to be indestructible.

Yeah, I'm hoping that was done deliberately for the demo - ie, they made him unkillable just to show things off. If you can actually take that much fire in the game without dying, well, that'll be extremely disappointing.

Although as someone said, they are bound to have hardcore mode.

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 17, 2011, 02:29 bigspender

day one purchase - provided they don't stuff up multiplayer  

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 17, 2011, 00:40 Zardoz5

Techie714 wrote on Apr 16, 2011, 21:49:
Dude, did you see at the very end when those tanks were getting hit by that crazy bomb exploding in mid air..DAMN that was crazy!

My ONLY complaints:

Lose the gay carebear cross hairs & use iron sights ONLY.

Other than that AWESOME!
Yeah my favorite part was the cluster bombs hitting by those tanks. They look very realistic. I searched after watching the video and found this for comparison. http://www.veoh.com/watch/v354820674bNQj8W Skip ahead to 1:30 to the air bursts.

As for the invincibility, since its a demo vid of course they are going to make you invulnerable or die very slowly. I wouldn't want to watch a video of someone dying over and over.

Oh yeah and for the really pretty, 1.8GB Quicktime version of the trailer clicky here.

http://tinyurl.com/66g5ang

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 23:08 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Apr 16, 2011, 22:49:
The fight during the defusal was a bit much though as there was probably no interaction, but some might agree that's better than making it qte.

It is a QTE. They just didn't show the button prompts in the trailer. Same thing with the part where you drag your wounded teammate into cover.

Ahh thanks. But are they more than just hit/repeatedly tap A?

I liked Shenmue, Fahrenheit, and Heavy Rain. RE4's QTE were annoying.

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 22:49 Jerykk

The fight during the defusal was a bit much though as there was probably no interaction, but some might agree that's better than making it qte.

It is a QTE. They just didn't show the button prompts in the trailer. Same thing with the part where you drag your wounded teammate into cover.

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 21:57 Sepharo

A lot of clips we've already seen but the ending was pretty intense even if is just scripted.

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 21:54 Linksil

Pretty sure you'll have a hardcore mode.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 21:49 Techie714

Dude, did you see at the very end when those tanks were getting hit by that crazy bomb exploding in mid air..DAMN that was crazy!

My ONLY complaints:

Lose the gay carebear cross hairs & use iron sights ONLY.

Other than that AWESOME!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 21:37 SpectralMeat

In 1080p running at 60fps - 1.8Gb
http://bit.ly/faoAKb

I downloaded it and holy shit it looks awesome!!

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 21:35 Linksil

Yea i'll be upgrading my system for this.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 21:34 Techie714

O....M......G! Stunned  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 21:32 reisub

I probably shouldn't like it but I do. x)  

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 21:18 Grokk

*Like!  

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 21:14 Wildone

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo