Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 10, 2011, 00:38 Ray Marden

DS9 is easily the best of all the series when compared side to side without any other handicaps applied. All the other series followed a similar format whereas this was confined to a station that was the point of conflict between a handful of specific races and a port for any/all races they could dig up.
And it had Hawk!
Oherwise, ToS started it all; TNG was extremely consistent, built up the fanbase, and set the bar; Voyager was a weekly "ZOMG we're going to get home this time...oh crap, maybe not" romp that really went nowhere, and Enterprise...I think it meant well, but had all sorts of problems and limitations.

Personally, I think Enterprise was doomed from the start - limited funding, waning interest in the world, scaled back stories, a modern day pre-quel, it went with time travel yet again, etc. Maybe if it was presented in a different way I could care more, but the whole "end of humanity" idea never seemed interesting. I found the roundtable of bad guys to generally be quite laughable.

As for Voyager, I was interested to see what they would do with the world after Janeway's time hopping at the end of Voyager, but that will never happen now since we'll go through at least a decade of alternate retellings what we've already previously seen...

A sad, pathetic nerd,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 9, 17:20 Re: Saturday Metaverse nin
  2. Apr 9, 18:27  Re: Saturday Metaverse jimnms
  3. Apr 10, 00:14   Re: Saturday Metaverse nin
>> 4. Apr 10, 00:38    Re: Saturday Metaverse Ray Marden
  5. Apr 10, 02:04 Re: Saturday Metaverse Silicon Avatar