Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

King's Quest III Redux

King's Quest III Redux - To Heir is Human Website now offers this remake of Sierra On-Line's classic adventure game. Word is: "Featuring stunning new background artwork, an innovative digital musical score, high-quality voice acting, and a number of other refinements and additions, this is AGD Interactive's finest remake ever - a must play."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 10, 2011, 05:52 StingingVelvet

Dev wrote on Apr 9, 2011, 14:05:
StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 9, 2011, 00:53:

I don't mind dying in adventure games, though they should have quick-save keys or an auto-save before dying.
AFAIK, all sierra adventures even the earliest KQ1 had quick save and quick load, in addition to normal saves and loads.

I don't really remember... you might be right and I just didn't know at the time or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 9, 2011, 18:06 Alamar

I have very fond memories of Sierra games... I even 'applied' to them when I was like 12... Even the company's 'back story' was great... Husband/wife gamer team that started it up... Good stuff...

Also why I taught myself to code, and ended up a developer...

And KQ1 was my first PC game, at least on my own system, which I bought after conning my parents, which had stated, when they got me my very own laptop (not a notebook, 9+ lbs), and was told very sternly that it was for school, and not for games, and also that I shouldn't open it up and play with it (was into electronics at the time too heh).

Anyhow, I showed my mother Wheel of Fortune for the PC and suggested she get it for herself, which of course 'broke the no game agreement' for the system, and I went off to Radio Shack shortly after for KQ1, where I ended up buying a whole bunch of other Sierra games over the year(s) (A few KQs, all the Quest for Glory's (the first with the original name), Manhunter 1/2 I think it was called, Space Quest 3...)

And this concludes today's edition of lamenting youth ; )

-Alamar

14. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 9, 2011, 16:04 Dev

JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 9, 2011, 14:43:
In the screenshots the graphics look clean and crisp, when I run the game it looks just like the original did.

What am I doing wrong?
I imagine the screenshots are lower resolution. But also if I remember right there's settings in the game setup thing.

13. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 9, 2011, 14:43 JohnBirshire

In the screenshots the graphics look clean and crisp, when I run the game it looks just like the original did.

What am I doing wrong?

12. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 9, 2011, 14:05 Dev

I don't mind dying in adventure games, though they should have quick-save keys or an auto-save before dying.
AFAIK, all sierra adventures even the earliest KQ1 had quick save and quick load, in addition to normal saves and loads.

11. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 9, 2011, 03:13 Tom

What I really hated about early Sierra games was how you could miss something early on and then find out that screws you 3 hours later. That kind of design should be banned.

That kind of thing still happens today I think. The difference is that it's no longer intentional.

10. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 9, 2011, 01:55 Xirix

I loved Space Quest with Roger Wilco and Police Quest...those were the days  

9. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 9, 2011, 00:53 StingingVelvet

Tom wrote on Apr 9, 2011, 00:48:
My most memorable moment in a Sierra adventure game was a death. I flushed the toilet in the sleazy bar at the beginning of Leisure Suit Larry 1. The bathroom filled up with water and I drowned to death. I was absolutely thrilled. One of my finest gaming moments.

I don't mind dying in adventure games, though they should have quick-save keys or an auto-save before dying. Adventure games should really be stress-free.

What I really hated about early Sierra games was how you could miss something early on and then find out that screws you 3 hours later. That kind of design should be banned.

8. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 9, 2011, 00:48 Tom

My most memorable moment in a Sierra adventure game was a death. I flushed the toilet in the sleazy bar at the beginning of Leisure Suit Larry 1. The bathroom filled up with water and I drowned to death. I was absolutely thrilled. One of my finest gaming moments.  

7. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 9, 2011, 00:14 JohnBirshire

Sierra games you could die, Lucasarts games you could not (generally).

You know, from what I remember, you are absolutely correct. Always remembered being afraid of dying in the King's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry games as a kid, where I don't remember anything too terrible ever happening in games Sam&Max and Monkey Island.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2011, 00:35.

6. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 8, 2011, 23:51 StingingVelvet

JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 21:44:
This one of those old Adventure games you could die in?

Sierra games you could die, Lucasarts games you could not (generally). Modern games usually follow the Lucasarts method, which for this genre I do think is better.

5. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 8, 2011, 21:44 JohnBirshire

This one of those old Adventure games you could die in?  

4. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 8, 2011, 19:38 Juzzam

Yeah a little late--I've already finished this redux version last month. But still, it is noteworthy news for the peeps who don't know about it.  

3. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 8, 2011, 18:58 jimnms

Wasn't this already posted a month ago? Somehow I already have this. The file is dated Feb. 28, and I don't know where else I would have heard about it.  

MeanJim on Steam

2. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 8, 2011, 18:54 BurntSoul

Just for your info (maybe you know, maybe you don't), they have done King's Quest I Enhanced, King's Quest II Enhanced, King's Quest III Redux, and Quest for Glory II Enhanced. Guess what? They are free downloads. So hopefully they will also remake 5 and 6, and hopefully they will also be free.  

1. Re: King's Quest III Redux Apr 8, 2011, 17:29 SectorEffector

Do this for KQ 5-6 and instant buy  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo