Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch/DRM Fix

Steam News announces a new automatic patch is now available for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover, 1C: Maddox Games' combat light simulator. The new version includes a large list of changes, as well as a DRM fix, described like so: "Solidshield protection was removed from the game. The game no longer requires a second authentication key. Cliffs of Dover only needs to be authenticated once with a single key during first install. NOTE: this action is automatic and does not require any action from the player."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch/DRM Fix Sep 28, 2012, 10:22 retired

clod is dying,, no new patch in sight... what a cluster ....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch/DRM Fix Apr 9, 2011, 09:36 DDI

Razorclaw wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 18:55:
too bad they didn't remove steam instead

HAHA THAT'S SO CLEVER

6. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch/DRM Fix Apr 8, 2011, 23:45 Wildone

I had the justflight version in the U.s. and worked fine, unfortunately not the same for the game. Will try this patch then..  

5. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch/DRM Fix Apr 8, 2011, 23:35 DangerDog

webname wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 22:23:
I did not know there was a non-steam version ?. Ealier poster seems to indicate it still has DRM aka steam so no ??

It's a Steamworks game, so all copies have to be run through Steam. This patch just removes the additional "Solidshield" DRM activation limits from the flight sim.

Looks like they've also postponed the official US release, it was showing April 19th on Steam but there's no date shown. You can of course get a copy from justflight.com for $44.99 which I understand can be activated right now even for the US.

4. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch/DRM Fix Apr 8, 2011, 22:23 webname

I did not know there was a non-steam version ?. Ealier poster seems to indicate it still has DRM aka steam so no ??  

3. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch/DRM Fix Apr 8, 2011, 19:30 DedEye

That's good to hear Will.

I plan on sticking with 1946 until I read things are much better from a number of sources.

2. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch/DRM Fix Apr 8, 2011, 19:08 Flyboy Will

The patch was a massive improvement, much better than I expected. I have an ancient rig, Core Duo 2.66 with an 8800 GTX, and I couldn't play before at all. Now I get a playable framerate even at medium settings, and if I turn off trees I get 70-100 FPS.

If the game was released today instead of last week, they could have saved themselves so much bad publicity.

1. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Patch/DRM Fix Apr 8, 2011, 18:55 vermin

too bad they didn't remove steam instead  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo