Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Tanks Beta Stats

Wargaming.net offers some statistics from the beta testing of World of Tanks, their MMOTPS that's due for its official launch next week. Here's an overview: "Over almost a year of beta-testing World of Tanks recruited about 700,000 players in Europe and North America that took part in 5.6 million battles battering 1.7 billion shells to destroy more than 115 million tanks and artillery units. PCCU number surpassed 25,000 players." They also note the game's most popular armaments: "According to the statistics PzIV, KV and M3_Grant were the most popular German, Soviet and American tanks respectively over the course of the beta." They conclude announcing a reward for beta testers: "All closed beta-testers and those with 1000 and more battles fought will be awarded with the M4A2E4 tank in acknowledgement of their contribution to the development of the game." Here are some new World of Tanks screenshots.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 8, 2011, 09:09 Lokust

that sort of counterbattery is a crutch that at one point they said they would be removing.... but that was months ago so who knows if it will really happen.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 8, 2011, 04:14 InBlack

Games with arty are fun. Games without arty can be fun, but usually turn out to be slugfests.

NOt to mention the counterarty, really skilled artillery players will look for tracer-fire and ask teammates to spot tracer-fire for them and indicate on the map where they think its coming from. They will then proceed to wait for the enemy arty to fire and then try to counter them. Its risky but its also a lot of fun!

I have a nifty blue line!

15. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 8, 2011, 00:33 Sugarman

Actually I do very well even with arty, I know to keep moving when arty is on the map. All I'm saying is that I think it would be more fun without it.  

14. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 23:42 Lokust

Arty is just fine as it is now. They made it less accurate and the shells travel slower. Early closed beta it was like having a moon base laser cannon. Now it's really hard to take the bitching seriously when you can be completely zeroed in (6 seconds doing nothing but aiming) on a stationary huge tank like a VK4502 and still only have a 1/3 chance of a direct hit. Then you figure in the skill it takes to lead a target, predict where they will be, and try to zero in on that spot where you THINK they will be, and still only have like a 1/3 chance to hit.

Granted, as an arty player, that's something you really only have to worry about when you see average or good players. The crappy players will sit there and let you splash them all day and then cry about it.

13. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 20:37 Sugarman

spoken like a true child of the instant gratification generation. how about you take a moment out of your clearly beligerant playstyle and read up on how the game actually works. or move on to something like wow where you can leroy jenkins everything without thought of the consequences. not that i have any stake in the matter, but god forbid dev's listen to such stupid comments one day and ruin a perfectly good game.

Damn, easy dude, didn't mean to hurt your feelings by saying what I don't like about it. I'm almost 40 as well, so I don't think "child" applies. I can't stand wow either.

12. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 20:12 Kegaro

Sorry I don't post here as often as some of you. Didn't know you had to have a high post count for your input to matter, but thanks for letting me know what really matters to you.  

11. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 19:55 Mad Jackson

TurdFergasun wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 18:44:
Elim wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 12:08:
Sugarman wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 11:39:
Artillery literally ruins this game. Instead of having fun tank battles where everyone is roaming around shooting, everyone has to play the waiting game at your base until you get tired enough of waiting to suicide your tank into an artillery barrage. Remove the artillery and it's a great game.
Quoted for fucking truth.

spoken like a true child of the instant gratification generation. how about you take a moment out of your clearly beligerant playstyle and read up on how the game actually works. or move on to something like wow where you can leroy jenkins everything without thought of the consequences. not that i have any stake in the matter, but god forbid dev's listen to such stupid comments one day and ruin a perfectly good game.

I love the game! I think they should limit the number of artys in a match, though. I'm mainly an arty player, and whenever you get more than 3 on a team it does indeed turn into a slaughter...

When there are a reasonable number of enemy artilleries in a match and I'm playing a regular tank, I find that jinking and move/fire/move tactics really negate the arty advantage. While playing an arty, I look for those fools that are in line of sight of one of my allies and are just sitting there, like fools.

10. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 19:53 TurdFergasun

your 2 post history on blues news adds great weight to your findings. thanks for the heads up  

9. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 19:51 Kegaro

I love the fact that the beta installer... downloaded from the website contains a trojan, PWS-SpyEye!env.a  

8. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 18:44 TurdFergasun

Elim wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 12:08:
Artillery literally ruins this game. Instead of having fun tank battles where everyone is roaming around shooting, everyone has to play the waiting game at your base until you get tired enough of waiting to suicide your tank into an artillery barrage. Remove the artillery and it's a great game.

7. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 15:48 fix-cz

Damn, I need 57 battles to get that M4A2E4  

6. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 13:02 Lokust

from the forum:

The requirements for the gift tank are:
- Account registered before 27th Jan
- 1000+ battles since softwipe

source

5. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 12:08 Elim

4. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 11:39 Sugarman

3. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 10:42 InBlack

Hmmm weird. Over on their forums they have stated that only closed-beta testers with more than 1000 battles will be getting the free gift tank. Nothing was said about open beta "players".

Take note, these guys are not native english speakers and some of their english newsblurbs are downright horribly wrong.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2011, 10:48.

2. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 10:31  Blue 

InBlack wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 10:23:
Where did you find those statistisc? I cant seem to find the link. And that last quote is incorrect Blue. Only closed beta-testers that have active accounts AND have more than 1000 battles will be awarded with the premium tank.

It's directly from Wargaming.net. Guess I'll add an article and a link for veracity, but all the info they sent is in the story. Here it is verbatim:

Wargaming.net is glad to reveal the beta statistics of its upcoming free-to-play MMO-action game World of Tanks that is scheduled for the release on April 12.

Over almost a year of beta-testing World of Tanks recruited about 700,000 players in Europe and North America that took part in 5.6 million battles battering 1.7 billion shells to destroy more than 115 million tanks and artillery units. PCCU number surpassed 25,000 players.

According to the statistics PzIV, KV and M3_Grant were the most popular German, Soviet and American tanks respectively over the course of the beta.

All closed beta-testers and those with 1000 and more battles fought will be awarded with the M4A2E4 tank in acknowledgement of their contribution to the development of the game.

“Comrades, we all are on the brink of an epoch-making event – World of Tanks release”, said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net. “You still have a couple of days to spend with your friends and families before the War breaks out… so spend it the right way.”

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

1. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 10:23 InBlack

Where did you find those statistisc? I cant seem to find the link. And that last quote is incorrect Blue. Only closed beta-testers that have active accounts AND have more than 1000 battles will be awarded with the premium tank.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo