Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Mods Official

The StarCraft II Maps and Mods Page now offers the official release of StarJeweled, Aiur Chef, and Left 2 Die, the three game homage mods that entered beta testing in January.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: StarCraft II Mods Official Apr 7, 2011, 09:55 Fati

Frijoles wrote on Apr 6, 2011, 23:21:
I tried Aiur Chef. I'm not really sure why they put time in to it, unless it was a side project after hours or something. It's interesting and humorous for the first five minutes. No real point after that (at least to me).

These 3 mods and a fourth (Blizzard DOTA) were showcased at Blizzcon 2010. Each mod had its own bank of computers on the show floor. I'm guessing the whole point was to give the StarCraft area a playable demo. The WoW section had Cataclysm and Diablo had, well Diablo 3. StarCraft 2 had been released for almost 4 months by that time and they did not have anything playable from the Heart of the Swarm expansion. They said something about wanting to demonstrate the capabilities of the mod tools, but I don't believe it was that complicated. They had floor space to fill in the StarCraft area and they used these mods to fill it.

I'm wondering what ever happened to Blizzard DOTA. I didn't get a chance to play it at Blizzcon, but it seemed like it was the most promising of the four.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: StarCraft II Mods Official Apr 7, 2011, 09:27 Verno

Sadly I can't get any of my friends to even play this anymore, most have either uninstalled it or lost interest saying that the game is too samey. Shame because I enjoy the custom maps quite a bit but the general populace of b.net is incredibly hostile and immature.  

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

3. Re: StarCraft II Mods Official Apr 6, 2011, 23:46 Yifes

Frijoles wrote on Apr 6, 2011, 23:21:
I tried Aiur Chef. I'm not really sure why they put time in to it, unless it was a side project after hours or something. It's interesting and humorous for the first five minutes. No real point after that (at least to me).

Yeah Aiur Chef is terrible, but the other two are good. Co-oping through Left 2 Die was quite fun.

2. Re: StarCraft II Mods Official Apr 6, 2011, 23:21 Frijoles

1. Re: StarCraft II Mods Official Apr 6, 2011, 21:56 eRe4s3r

The most pointless absurdly designed mod and map system ever invented, you can't download maps nor mods so that you can quickly share them with your mates, nooooo. You have to start sc2 - go to custom game - search for the one with the blizzard logo (because there'll be same-named fakes) and repeat the process for each of those.

Blizzard has lost touch with reality.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo