Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

15 Hours of RAGE?

Examiner.com has word that id's upcoming first-person shooter RAGE can be completed in about 15 hours, saying this figure comes from id's Tim Willits in an interview with the new OXM. There isn't any concrete context on how this figure was arrived at, and how much time a more completionist player will spend exploring side-quests and the game's open environment.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 10, 2011, 01:51 Asmo

Eh, if it's 15 hours of good fun, sounds about right to me.

When a FPS is finishable, even on higher difficulties, with no excessive shortcutting in 3-5 hours for full price, I feel ripped.

But that being said, a 100 hour RPG game which is complete crap at full price makes me feel ripped, so there's no easy way to say whether 15 hours is good or not, it's entirely subjective.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 8, 2011, 11:46 Verno

560 Ti if you want Nvidia or Radeon 6870 if you want ATI. Both are fairly close in benchmarks and the hands down best cards for price to performance ratio. You'll get a lot of use out of either card for quite some time. Despite the fanboyism you might hear on forums both companies drivers have relative parity these days so my suggestion would be to just grab whatever gets you the better deal on price.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

33. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 8, 2011, 09:47 xXBatmanXx

InBlack wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 08:36:
On a semi-unrelated note I finnaly replaced my "aging" Geforce8800GT. The crunch was not being able to play the latest DCS simulator at a playable frame-rate, as well as the strange LAG bug with World of Tanks that occurs with this card quite often.

Now Im the pround owner of the Radeon HD6870. A very nice card indeed. Its nice to be able to play games on the highest settings without any FPS drop whatsoever.

Still, Im going to miss the Geforce 8800GT. This might seem strange but out of all the graphics cards I purchased over the years this one has served me the longest and Ive become quite fond of it since nearly all the new games I purchased ran with very little problems on it. I wouldnt have replaced it if I didnt have the problems listed above.

I have the 640MB version of that card, and I too am having a hard time upgrading. I know I need to do it, but.....it still performs pretty well, but I know I am missing a lot of eye candy.

Need to do my research and just upgrade.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

32. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 8, 2011, 09:45 xXBatmanXx

What is this Rage game you all speak of?  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

31. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 23:24 SectorEffector

Ruffiana wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 21:44:
Jedi Master wrote on Apr 6, 2011, 23:02:
So, if you go to see a movie, it's really good, and it ends in 30 mins, that's acceptable to you?

As the average movie is 120 minutes long, by your math, you expect all games to be 60 hours long in order to be "acceptable".

Average ticket price is ~$8.00 now, so if a game can deliver over 7.5 hours of entertainment, then it's on par with a movie. So a 15 hour game is equivalent to a 4 hour movie...as far as hours of entertainment per dollar goes.

I'm generally satisfied with a game that's 15-20 hours long. Less if it's really good and/or re-playable. I actually prefer a game with a fairly short core and abanduance of good, but optional side-content.

replay value doesn't seem to hold any value with people how put the physical value on their products.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

30. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 23:12 Sepharo

finga wrote on Apr 6, 2011, 23:23:
ID SAYS THEIR FPS IS 3X AS LONG AS MOST COMING OUT TODAY

BLUES NEWS COMMENTERS BITCH ANYWAY

6 POSTS IN AND 3 RELEVANT COMMENTS MADE

IDIOT YELLS ABOUT BLUES NEW COMMENTERS COLLECTIVELY

29. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 21:44 Ruffiana

Jedi Master wrote on Apr 6, 2011, 23:02:
So, if you go to see a movie, it's really good, and it ends in 30 mins, that's acceptable to you?

As the average movie is 120 minutes long, by your math, you expect all games to be 60 hours long in order to be "acceptable".

Average ticket price is ~$8.00 now, so if a game can deliver over 7.5 hours of entertainment, then it's on par with a movie. So a 15 hour game is equivalent to a 4 hour movie...as far as hours of entertainment per dollar goes.

I'm generally satisfied with a game that's 15-20 hours long. Less if it's really good and/or re-playable. I actually prefer a game with a fairly short core and abanduance of good, but optional side-content.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2011, 22:16.

28. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 17:32 Beamer

Give modders a chance they'll make real games!

It's called UDK.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

27. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 17:30 4D-Boxing

Wonder if theyr are jsut trying to make people forget that Carmack said dedicated server was unlikley?

Anyways this game is not even on my radar. I've learned my lesson. Even Black ops with it's GameServers dedicated @#$& is a laggy mess. BFBFC2 was horrible for god knows how long for the same reason.

Do it right let people host or release on consoles only. ID used to innovate now they just move backwards. Carmack ahould go back to trying to build spaceships or what ever that was...

Give modders a chance they'll make real games!

26. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 13:42 Beamer

"Can be" is such a weird way to phrase it.

I mean, hell, MW2 can be completed in 40 hours, if you run in circles for 35 of those.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

25. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 13:40 Bumpy

SectorEffector wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 01:18:
15 hours of a beautiful new engine being tech demoed where bodies go flying gib-less doom 3 style with exaggerated weights and then disappear as a cheesy animated transparent burning away animation covers the model.

In one of the gameplay vid's showing off the "awesome" rc car with explosives,the ragdoll was already "fading away" and or dissappearing before the ragdoll even fully landed and stopped moving on the ground.

Did I mention the decals are fading quicker then Medal of Honors decals from the playstation one version.

So blow up a room full of guys, and before you even leave it looks like nothing happened, no player manipulating their environment and its inhabitants, its all clean again.

bleh. Doom 3 beta was far superior ( not bugwise or optimization- nwise ) to the full Doom 3 Retail game with its feel.

Indeed the virtual janitor of Doom3 was WAY, WAY too proactive. Thankfully, mods fixed that.

Was going to buy RAGE day one but your reminder point may make me wait for mods to allow my carnage efforts to be worthwhile.

24. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 12:04 Verno

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 00:12:
Morrowind CAN be completed in about 10 minutes.

You can speed run any game, when people bring up game length they are usually referring to the average time it takes to complete, not the extreme lower or upper ends of the threshold. Just my opinion anyways. For the record I think 15 hours for an FPS these days is just fine.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

23. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 10:25 Shineyguy

32 including the 2 "secret" Wolfenstein levels.  

22. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 09:14 Creston

InBlack wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 04:23:
15 hours is great for an FPS. 10 hours would be okish, 5 hours would be a complete rippoff...

What I really want to know is...How many levels does it have?

Remeber guys, Doom2 had 32 levels...

Didn't it have 33? 10 per series, and 3 secrets?

Creston

21. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 08:36 InBlack

On a semi-unrelated note I finnaly replaced my "aging" Geforce8800GT. The crunch was not being able to play the latest DCS simulator at a playable frame-rate, as well as the strange LAG bug with World of Tanks that occurs with this card quite often.

Now Im the pround owner of the Radeon HD6870. A very nice card indeed. Its nice to be able to play games on the highest settings without any FPS drop whatsoever.

Still, Im going to miss the Geforce 8800GT. This might seem strange but out of all the graphics cards I purchased over the years this one has served me the longest and Ive become quite fond of it since nearly all the new games I purchased ran with very little problems on it. I wouldnt have replaced it if I didnt have the problems listed above.

I have a nifty blue line!

20. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 07:58 El Pit

SectorEffector wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 01:59:
thank god I don't live there or Germany...

too bad this is the american one.

Nope. In the German version, you won't be able to shoot anybody. Whenever you have an enemy in your crosshair and click, your opponent and you will sit down and discuss about how pointless war and killing are and how good censorship is.

In the Australian version, you won't be able to use meds to heal yourself, won't be able to use the bongs in the game, and of course you'll get all the "bonus" of the German version in addition.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

19. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 04:35 SectorEffector

InBlack wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 04:23:
15 hours is great for an FPS. 10 hours would be okish, 5 hours would be a complete rippoff...

ah the days when 32 levels of game assets wouldn't be 24 gigs..

18. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 04:23 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

17. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 02:57 WyldKat

Considering this is an FPS and not an RPG, 15 hours seems pretty good. The real question is if there is any redeeming replayability.  

16. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 01:59 SectorEffector

thank god I don't live there or Germany...

too bad this is the american one.

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo