Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

15 Hours of RAGE?

Examiner.com has word that id's upcoming first-person shooter RAGE can be completed in about 15 hours, saying this figure comes from id's Tim Willits in an interview with the new OXM. There isn't any concrete context on how this figure was arrived at, and how much time a more completionist player will spend exploring side-quests and the game's open environment.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 01:54 Grokk

SectorEffector wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 01:18:
In one of the gameplay vid's showing off the "awesome" rc car with explosives,the ragdoll was already "fading away" and or dissappearing before the ragdoll even fully landed and stopped moving on the ground.

Did I mention the decals are fading quicker then Medal of Honors decals from the playstation one version.

So blow up a room full of guys, and before you even leave it looks like nothing happened, no player manipulating their environment and its inhabitants, its all clean again.

Aah, I see you've played the Australian enhanced version of Left4Dead2.

*wanders off mumbling about stupid censorship bullshit ruining games.....*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 01:21 SectorEffector

Superior as in, no arbitrary bodies fading away, decals on bodies don't fade, sound design wasn't shit. thats for a different day.

ID is great for their programming and coding, not their IP's anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

13. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 01:18 SectorEffector

15 hours of a beautiful new engine being tech demoed where bodies go flying gib-less doom 3 style with exaggerated weights and then disappear as a cheesy animated transparent burning away animation covers the model.

In one of the gameplay vid's showing off the "awesome" rc car with explosives,the ragdoll was already "fading away" and or dissappearing before the ragdoll even fully landed and stopped moving on the ground.

Did I mention the decals are fading quicker then Medal of Honors decals from the playstation one version.

So blow up a room full of guys, and before you even leave it looks like nothing happened, no player manipulating their environment and its inhabitants, its all clean again.

bleh. Doom 3 beta was far superior ( not bugwise or optimization- nwise ) to the full Doom 3 Retail game with its feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

12. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 00:19 Sempai

born2expire wrote on Apr 6, 2011, 22:59:
Why is everyone so caught up on games length? I'm way more concerned about the quality of the experience then how long it takes to rush through the damn thing. Nothing worse then filler levels/quests.

Way to put your own spin on what's being discussed, did they say the guy rushed through it? Did they talk about filler quests?

I think we're all concerned about the quality and fun factor, but this has been in development for what..5 years? 15 hours of awesome, old school ID gameplay and I'll be a happy camper, I just thought it was going to be this massive open world and assumed they were talking 30-40 hrs of gameplay.

Either way I'll be supporting ID day one.

11. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 00:17 The Half Elf

Question is, how much of it is doing the races?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 00:12 StingingVelvet

Morrowind CAN be completed in about 10 minutes.  

9. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 00:07 Creston

That sounds very cool, and I'd guess that's likely for the main missions or whatever, and probably not counting just fucking around, exploring, side missions, etc.

Good stuff.

Creston

8. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 6, 2011, 23:35 cocoreno

That sounds too long. But then again, I think 90% of movies are 30% longer than they should be. There are a few exceptions, i.e., Lord of the Rings and, uh, Godfather.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd pay more for less, assuming that means the tedious/repetitive/recycled content is removed and I get a distilled version of awesomeness.

7. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 6, 2011, 23:27 RenownWolf

Err how is a 30 minute movie even close to a 15 hour game. 15 hours is pretty impressive as it is a lot longer then the usual 5-6 hour fps games currently being released.

I sure as hell don't want all my games being Final Fantasy style with 60+ hours, where it doesn't get interesting until after the 10-20 hour mark.

I'd prefer a good 1-1.5 hour movie over a 3 hour movie that bores me to death. 30 minutes... really, that's just silly.

http://www.renownwolf.com

6. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 6, 2011, 23:23 finga

ID SAYS THEIR FPS IS 3X AS LONG AS MOST COMING OUT TODAY

BLUES NEWS COMMENTERS BITCH ANYWAY

5. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 6, 2011, 23:02 Jedi Master

So, if you go to see a movie, it's really good, and it ends in 30 mins, that's acceptable to you?  

4. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 6, 2011, 22:59 born2expire

Why is everyone so caught up on games length? I'm way more concerned about the quality of the experience then how long it takes to rush through the damn thing. Nothing worse then filler levels/quests.  

3. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 6, 2011, 22:44 Cutter

So that probably means milking all the stupid console achievements, so really it's probably about a 3 hour game.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 6, 2011, 22:42 tony

That doesn't sound too bad, really. I'm sure it will take longer for those who like doing side stuff, but 15 hours for the core game is decent.  

1. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 6, 2011, 22:28 Sempai

Sad face..  

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo