Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Portal 2 "Turrets" Trailer

A new trailer from Portal 2 offers the third in a series of four investor presentations from Valve's upcoming first-person puzzle game sequel. In this clip Aperture CEO Cave Johnson introduces turrets, which he calls the consumer version of their most popular military-grade product. The clip shows just how they get so many bullets into each turret, how the turret fires 65% more bullet per bullet, the variety of colors they come in, and the practical home uses of such a product. The embedded clip follows.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Portal 2 Apr 6, 2011, 10:56 Elessar

The production quality of these vids looks like Pixar made them. Same with the TF2 Class videos. These guys know how to write good humor and execute it well visually. Good shit.  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Portal 2 "Turrets" Trailer Apr 5, 2011, 20:14 Nate

First Valve had the TF2 class trailers. Now these for Portal 2!  

18. Re: Portal 2 "Turrets" Trailer Apr 5, 2011, 18:11 Asmo

The perfect blend of delightfully camp and utterly sinister... =)  

17. No subject Apr 5, 2011, 17:39 Xoxotl

I admit it. I lol'd.

SHELL REDISTRIBUTION CHAMBER
Please only redistribute Aperture-brand Resolution Pellets. Do not attempt to redistribute by hand. Make sure turret is in Non-Judgement Mode before redistributing.

Aperture Science does not guarantee incident resolution with any other item other then Aperture-brand Resolution Pellets. Please do not place foreign objects in the Redistribution Chamber.

Don't start anything you can't finish. Preferably to component atoms.

16. Re: Portal 2 Apr 5, 2011, 15:46 DragonKP

These are just hilarious. 65% more bullet per bullet nearly made me pee myself.

Creston

You must have really needed to pee...

15. Re: Portal 2 Apr 5, 2011, 14:46 Tumbler

I wuvs you, Portal.

Ha, I came in here prepared to stand my ground and wait for the release rather than possibly spoil anything more in this game...then I read your comment.

...well I HAVE TO LOOOK NOW!!!

Awesome, and not a spoiler if anyone is worried!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

14. Re: Portal 2 Apr 5, 2011, 14:21 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 14:16:

I wuvs you, Portal.

More bullet per bullet!

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Portal 2 Apr 5, 2011, 14:16 nin

I wuvs you, Portal.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

12. Re: Portal 2 "Turrets" Trailer Apr 5, 2011, 14:03 Creston

Thanks peoples!

Creston

11. Re: Portal 2 Apr 5, 2011, 14:02 mch

Right-o. Good stuff. I'm curious when they'll be rolling out Steam for the PS3. I assume before the 19th. Probably in one of the five million PS3 firmware updates between now and 04/19.  
PSN: CaseDesignate

10. Re: Portal 2 Apr 5, 2011, 13:59 Agent.X7

mch wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 13:49:
Yeah, I haven't seen anything that says it will require PSN+ for the free Steam copy, or to have Steam running on your PS3.

January 18, 2011 -- Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the Steam features shipping with the PlayStation 3 (PS3) version of Portal 2.

Marking the debut of Steam functioning on any next generation console, the features shipping in the PS3 version of Portal 2 include cross platform play (PC/Mac vs. PS3) for multiplayer games, persistent cloud-based storage of PS3 saved games, and cross platform chat (PC/Mac and PS3).

In addition, those who purchase Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 may unlock a Steam Play (PC & Mac) copy of Portal 2 at no additional cost by linking their PSN and Steam accounts.

"We made a promise to gamers at E3 that Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 would be the best console version of the product," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "Working together with Sony we have identified a set of features we believe are very compelling to gamers. We hope to expand upon the foundation being laid in Portal 2 with more Steam features and functionality in DLC and future content releases."

"We designed the Portal 2 PS3 experience to be very straightforward for gamers," said Josh Weier, project lead on Portal 2 at Valve. "PS3 gamers will be able to simply drop the Blu-Ray disc in the PS3, link to their Steam account from inside the game, and all their Steam friends (on PC and Mac) will be visible and accessible for chat and game invites."

These features are made possible thru the use of Steam, Valve's platform for the delivery and management of games and digital content.

Portal 2 is due for release on the PlayStation 3, PC, Mac and Xbox 360 this April.

For more information, please visit www.thinkwithportals.com

Steam runs on the PS3. No + needed.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

9. Re: Portal 2 Apr 5, 2011, 13:49 mch

Yeah, I haven't seen anything that says it will require PSN+ for the free Steam copy, or to have Steam running on your PS3.

At first, I was a little bummed (just a little) that I had to pay the extra $10 for the PS3 version. Not too bad when you consider you're getting an extra copy of the game for a different system.

Then I preordered, and after the preorder discount, which made it $55, Amazon gave me a $20 promotional credit towards another game. Not too shabby.

8. Re: Portal 2 "Turrets" Trailer Apr 5, 2011, 13:44 fyrestorm

This video has hidden messages for the Potato ARG if anyone is interested in following.

http://valvearg.info/wiki/Valve_ARG_Wiki

7. Re: Portal 2 Apr 5, 2011, 13:40 necrosis

Creston wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 13:38:
I've got a question about that PS3 - Free copy for PC promotion they're doing. You have to link your Playstation Network account with Steam to get it, but are they talking about that PSN+ stuff? Or is it just the regular account that you use to login to your PS3 with on startup?

Anyone know?

Creston
PS3 is getting Steam. Not sure how its going to work but I imagine you log in with your Steam account on PS3 and like any other Steam game if its flagged as active on your account its active for all. So once its been activated (linked) on your PS3 just boot your PC and tell it to download.

What sucks is it does not work the other way around. I wish Steam gave you a PSN code or something to download it for PS3.

6. Re: Portal 2 "Turrets" Trailer Apr 5, 2011, 13:38 Creston

I've got a question about that PS3 - Free copy for PC promotion they're doing. You have to link your Playstation Network account with Steam to get it, but are they talking about that PSN+ stuff? Or is it just the regular account that you use to login to your PS3 with on startup?

Anyone know?

Creston

5. Re: Portal 2 Apr 5, 2011, 13:32 mch

Finally preordered my copy for PS3 yesterday. Cannot freaking wait.  

4. Re: Portal 2 Apr 5, 2011, 13:17 Linksil

I was going to wait for the first sale to pick this up, but if it's anywhere near as good as these trailers it's going to be very hard...  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

3. Re: Portal 2 Apr 5, 2011, 13:09 Fion

Another funny video. My anticipation level for this game grows with each one.  

2. Re: Portal 2 Apr 5, 2011, 13:06 Beamer

These are the best things Valve has ever done.

Not lying. I'd take 12 hours of these over HL2, and I loved HL2.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. Re: Portal 2 "Turrets" Trailer Apr 5, 2011, 12:56 Creston

These are just hilarious. 65% more bullet per bullet nearly made me pee myself.

Creston

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo