Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2011, 19:43 PHJF

I assume mousefag is a reference to newfag which is a native term to 4chan. There is little if any demographic crossover between Bluesnews and 4chan.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2011, 19:36 Dmitri_M

The review seemed fine. Straightforward plain English description of the game. Go and read any number of mainstream review sites and you'll be greeted with much more inane prattling followed up by perfunctory 9/10s.

The RPGcodex forums do have a certain annoying schtick..but any site that reports on old titles is ok in my book.

7. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2011, 18:20 Elwro

I edited the thing out. I'm not a native English speaker and had no idea one word like that would be so offensive as to make people stop reading. It was meant to be a friendly jab at people who don't play e.g. roguelikes due to their lack of mouse support. (These people really don't know what they're missing.)

So, thank you for the constructive critique of my review, gentle Blue's News readers.

6. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2011, 17:48 Elwro

(The reviewer here.) Heh, you have the only detailed review of an oldschool RPG, and all you do is concentrate on one word? You're even worse than the Codex bunch, who mostly noticed the screens and didn't bother with the text.

5. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2011, 12:42 CommunistHamster

y so srs  

4. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2011, 11:16 Verno

I'm surprised he could write semi-coherent thoughts given the level of intelligence displayed by most of the player base on Xbox Live.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

3. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2011, 11:06 JaguarUSF

Yaogun wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 10:38:
"Don't worry, mousefags, you're provided for."

I feel personally offended on the behalf of mice everywhere.

2. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2011, 11:02 Teddy

Out of curiosity, I read through the comments to see if anyone commented on the rpg codex forums about that exact thing. What I found, though, was a bunch of juvenille, homophobic, name calling elitist nonsense.

That site appears to be populated by a bunch of 30+ year old people who play old games and think they're superior to everyone, yet behave like any generic 10 year old you can hear on x-box live where everyone who disagrees with them is a 'fag' of some sort.

Time to go ahead and block that entire site from my browser so I needn't waste my time on it any more.

1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2011, 10:38 Yaogun

I got one paragraph into that rpg codex review before I had to close it: "Don't worry, mousefags, you're provided for." Mousefags?! Seriously? How pathetically juvenile.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo