Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide Next Plans

PlanetSide Universe has word from SOE's John Smedley that the recently revealed cuts at SOE will not actually negatively impact PlanetSide Next, as he says the online shooter remake is actually slated to receive more resources, rather than less: "PlanetSide Next is getting More resources and will be out a little later in the year but we are pulling out all the stops to make it great." Thanks Big Download.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: PlanetSide Next Plans Apr 5, 2011, 10:42 bhcompy

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 20:38:
What I find interesting is all the gaming sites, the comments are about how awesome the first was. Where was this great support then? That said, it's always good to release a new game that has good memories associated to it, builds momentum.

It left when Core Combat ruined it

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: PlanetSide Next Plans Apr 4, 2011, 20:38 HorrorScope

What I find interesting is all the gaming sites, the comments are about how awesome the first was. Where was this great support then? That said, it's always good to release a new game that has good memories associated to it, builds momentum.  

9. Re: PlanetSide Next Plans Apr 4, 2011, 19:16 Fion

Wicked news. Planetside was an absolute blast when if there were more than a few hundred players on a server. The best of times was when they would offer like a month of free time. Then the servers would be packed and you'd spend hours and hours in massive three way battles with hundreds of people.

It really was tribes on a huge scale (though not quite as well done) so I'm very hopeful for Planetside: Next and I hope it's F2P (even microtransactions I wouldn't mind, so long as they didn't include game-changing weapons, etc).

8. Re: PlanetSide Next Plans Apr 4, 2011, 19:16 RollinThundr

Steele Johnson wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 17:47:
Linksil wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 16:43:
Planetside is right alongside tribes with the whole changed the way I loved fps's online.

I agree. It's games like these that made bunny hopping and all those other ridiculous gameplay styles obsolete. Personally, I think Tribes was superior to Planetside, but that's only because the Planetside designer screwed up the design and then tried to fix it only to make it worse. The original Planetside had so much potential; If only they were given the resources to REALLY make it better. Hopefully this time they have the talent.

Agreed, I was in the beta for PS and the amount of things the devs were promising us back then that either got added half assed or not at all was just flat out disappointing. The game had SOOO much untapped potential. Hope they do it right this time.

7. Re: PlanetSide Next Plans Apr 4, 2011, 17:47 Steele Johnson

Linksil wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 16:43:
Planetside is right alongside tribes with the whole changed the way I loved fps's online.

I agree. It's games like these that made bunny hopping and all those other ridiculous gameplay styles obsolete. Personally, I think Tribes was superior to Planetside, but that's only because the Planetside designer screwed up the design and then tried to fix it only to make it worse. The original Planetside had so much potential; If only they were given the resources to REALLY make it better. Hopefully this time they have the talent.

6. Re: PlanetSide Next Plans Apr 4, 2011, 16:56 Cutter

Smed needs to go away.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: PlanetSide Next Plans Apr 4, 2011, 16:43 Linksil

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

4. Re: PlanetSide Next Plans Apr 4, 2011, 15:10 Hump

This is welcome news. Planetside occupies a space all its own that no other shooter can begin to approach. updated visuals will only make it sweeter.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

3. Re: PlanetSide Next Plans Apr 4, 2011, 14:57 Xoxotl

Xirix wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 12:28:
I hope this will be awesome. I always loved the old PlanetSide.

+1

Don't start anything you can't finish. Preferably to component atoms.

2. Re: PlanetSide Next Plans Apr 4, 2011, 14:20 JoeNapalm

Xirix wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 12:28:

Seconded.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

1. Re: PlanetSide Next Plans Apr 4, 2011, 12:28 Xirix

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo