Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch

A new patch is now available for the Windows edition of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, updating the game to version 1.040. Here's word on the fourth patch for the racing sequel: "This fixes a further 30% of the crashes that we have identified, which now brings us to a total of around 77% of known crashes fixed." The patch is available on the Need for Speed Website, and it's mirrored on GamePron, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls. The full change list follows.

• Fixed crashes on boot on certain configurations of Windows (including when Windows Speech Recognition is installed)
  • Fixed deadzone issues on Steering Wheels and XInput controllers
  • Fixed black textures in some parts of the world when High Resolution Textures are disabled
  • Fixed crash when a controller is unexpectedly disconnected
  • Fixed crash when loading certain invalid controller configuration files

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 16:21 PHJF

I wouldn't have minded this game were it not for the retarded Mario Kart implementations. Leave the "power ups" bullshit to the more fantastical "racing" games, please. Spike strips are fine and dandy, but that EMP crap was inexcusably bad.

Burnout (you know, that game series you made before this?) didn't have any of that crap and was 10x the game Hot Pursuit is.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 14:24 wtf_man

Prez wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 10:09:
I for one really like the game. It's goofy, over-the-top, arcade-y racing fun. Exactly what a Hot Pursuit game should be.

Ditto.

The only thing I don't like about it is a lack of a "replay camera" when your done with a race, like FlatOut.

13. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 13:13 Grifter

every racing game i have played regardless of wheter its a sim or arcade play that i have played within the last 15 years has had the option for manual transmission. Every other rendition of need for speed that I have played has had manual transmission.

So why is this one the exception ?

How are these ppl idiots?

Because they expected a core feature in all other need for speed games and practically every other racing game was removed and your telling me they should not be surprised or upset by this?

12. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 10:09 Prez

I for one really like the game. It's goofy, over-the-top, arcade-y racing fun. Exactly what a Hot Pursuit game should be.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 09:26 nin

The annoying part is all of the intro stuff from EA than cannot be skipped. It really is obnoxious after the 5th time.

Extreme pain in the ass.

The game was a total disappointment for me, especially after Burnout Paradise.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 09:21 avianflu

I just bought the PC version from Amazon for 15 bucks last week. Fun but totally fluffy game that is worth no more than 15 bucks.

The annoying part is all of the intro stuff from EA than cannot be skipped. It really is obnoxious after the 5th time.

p.s. -- the hi-res textures for the PC version look pretty low res, which makes me wonder what they look like in the console version. Criterion usually has impressive graphics but not in this one.

9. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 06:07 finga

Maybe it was patched in?

What surprised me was seeing posts from so many players that were actually upset by a lack of manual transmission in a nearly pure arcade racing game. What the hell were you expecting, people, and could you not wait the four months for Shift 2 to come out? (Or just keep playing iRacing or whatever)

And if you're going to have such exacting requirements that you can't set aside your sperglord need for manual to try and have at least *some fun* in a game you spent good money on, why the hell wouldn't you look up, you know, other people's opinions or trip reports on the game? Why would you expect manual from the guys that developed BURNOUT?

These are the people screaming the loudest on our forums, too: PC gamers with arbitrary needs, bitching and complaining more than they are laughing and enjoying, spending their money before doing any research then vowing to never spend their money again on the same thing - then, presumably, doing it again.

8. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 03:44 Grifter

yea I am talking about the pc version. I don't have have logitech so maybe that is a requirement for you to have an option for manual transmission perhaps. But I did look on EA's forums and from what I gathered from other users there is in fact no manual transmission option in that game  

7. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 02:24 Elcabong

Grifter wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 00:46:
I don't know why anyone would care about this game. Its a racing game with no option to have a manual transmission.

Shame I bought digital copy so I am stuck with it

Are you talking about the PC version? Are you using a driving wheel? I have the PC version with a logitiech wheel and it certainly does have an option for a manual transmission.

6. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 02:11 Rhett

Not that I own it... but...

What about crashes introduced by patching?

YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT!

5. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 01:49 Jerykk

I'm not sure what you were expecting. It's a pure arcade racing game.  

4. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 00:46 Grifter

I don't know why anyone would care about this game. Its a racing game with no option to have a manual transmission.

I bought it played it for 10 minutes searched high and low for manual transmission option. Found none. Proceeded to unistall game there after and have never looked back since.

Shame I bought digital copy so I am stuck with it

3. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 3, 2011, 20:17 DangerDog

Evil Timmy wrote on Apr 3, 2011, 17:26:
IS THIS THE PATCH THAT MAKES THE GAME <Insert useless snarky comment here>?!

Saved you all the trouble. Don't post, just imagine what you'd say.

not a direct console port?!

2. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 3, 2011, 19:25 Jerykk

The game is receiving a lot more support than I thought it would. I'm still waiting for ATI to release a proper Crossfire profile, though.  

1. No subject Apr 3, 2011, 17:26 Evil Timmy

IS THIS THE PATCH THAT MAKES THE GAME <Insert useless snarky comment here>?!

Saved you all the trouble. Don't post, just imagine what you'd say.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo