Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hawken Interview

There's a Hawken interview on IGN talking with Khang Le and Jon Kreuzer of Adhesive Games about Hawken, their upcoming mech-themed shooter. They discuss the origins of the project, its visual inspirations, the story, mech types, mech upgrades, unlocks, keeping mechs operational, and more.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Hawken Interview Apr 4, 2011, 10:23 bhcompy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 00:29:
This game looks and sounds better every time they release more info about it; I just hope it survives the possible PS3/Xbox360 release consolization effect on the PC.

Well, it's an indie. The sequel will be consolized after it is a rousing success on the PC, like STALKER(after years of patching out bugs, of course). The fact that this plays into a genre that's had only one competitor on consoles in recent years but has been pretty successful in the past(Virtual-On, Armored Core) I do think that a console version will come eventually. That said, Armored Core had about as much customization and mildly complex controls as you could expect from an arcadey mech game, which is what this game looks like. Essentially, it's what BF1942 was to mil-sims.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Hawken Interview Apr 4, 2011, 07:39 ASeven

Gotta love the indies. Since they are that I would venture the PC version is the lead platform, since for an indie it's far easier to release their games on PC than on consoles.

Still, I have a feeling they're trying to get a shot at being published and I wouldn't be surprised if a publisher grabs them.

4. Re: Hawken Interview Apr 4, 2011, 04:00 InBlack

Looks cool. Not a mech sim by a long shot, but still cool. Refreshing after all of those bullshit console shooters...  

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Hawken Interview Apr 4, 2011, 00:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks and sounds better every time they release more info about it; I just hope it survives the possible PS3/Xbox360 release consolization effect on the PC.

2. Re: Hawken Interview Apr 3, 2011, 21:22 crazyfingers

Anyone else forgetting about the new tribes?

Strong indeed.

1. Re: Hawken Interview Apr 3, 2011, 19:03 Sempai

This looks strong.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo