Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RIFT Friends Trial

RIFT's Allies of the Ascended program allows RIFT players to create ally codes to allow four days of access to RIFT for friends between today and April 4. Word is: "Ally Codes will grant new players (excludes existing RIFT subscribers) a digital download of RIFT and access to certain features of this game during the Allies of the Ascended Event (see above for event dates). You will need to have or create a Trion Worlds account to participate in this event." Thanks Massively.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 3, 2011, 13:45 Ant

Did the game fix the issues with ATI Radeon 4870 (512 MB) video card users in XP Pro. SP3? I played the last hour of the beta and I had to play at low settings.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 3, 2011, 01:25 Verno

I spent some time with the trial but it's not really grabbing me. Graphically the game didn't look fantastic but it's an MMO so not a big deal. The soul system is interesting and it's really the thing that really sets the game apart from others. The Rift system itself was surprisingly simplistic and derivative(public quests, town invasions from other MMOs) in many ways so I wasn't terribly impressed with it. I expected to get the most mileage out of that feature so that was my biggest surprise with the game really.

The quests are so generic, I was extremely let down with that aspect of the game. The overarching story I didn't see much of so I can't really comment on that. The skills feel very understated and unsatisfying, I tried a few different class/soul combos but the animations seemed to barely change between them. Speaking of the animations I was expecting a lot more, characters in general feel a bit floaty and don't seem very well animated.

Anyway not really my cup of tea, it's very much just a polished generic fantasy MMO with a few specific features that set it apart from the crowd. It's not a bad game by any means but with all of the love this game gets I was really expecting a lot more.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

20. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 2, 2011, 18:47 Innocent

the character customization is daunting.

worth a try, it's a really fun mmorpg.

*Protip: if you start a mage and hate him, logout to menu and make a Melee class. mage is an acquired taste in this game, and requires a LOT of tweaking to love. i reset my points and redid my souls entirely like 15 times before i stopped hating my mage.

19. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 2, 2011, 13:44 wtf_man

I think 4 days is enough. That said, I won't be participating in this trial due to lack of interest.

I do applaud our fellow "bluesers" that are donating keys, though.

18. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 22:18 Sepharo

1 segment left until 50 and I logged off, much to the chagrin of my coworkers

Think I'll necro rape some 40-49 warfronts before I get that last bit.

17. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 21:44 zincthallinide

Some more

QETF-9QLT-YNCM-6LEJ-YKJH

16. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 18:56 Sepharo

Here you go fellas:

ZQ7Y-ZC7F-KF92-6WKY-6KHH

Have fun!

15. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 18:22 Veterator

4 Days is a pretty low time frame if you know nothing about the game, have not previously played it and don't have someone rushing you through it to get to the meat of the game.

I could see someone spending 2 days alone trying to fashion a class out of the souls within the archetype they chose...having to collect them all and then mess with them until they find something they really like. If you make a poor choice, in 4 days you might realize your choice sucked..and then your time is up.

14. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 18:02 Tim Collins

In 4 days I'll be telling u whether this game is good or not in the next RIFT news. 4 days will be enough I guarantee if I play it enough. The bad thing is I dont think I'll be able to download at 30MB/s like google but 3MB/s is ok.  

13. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 16:59 Gnolt

You can visit Curse's website and get Rift Allies of the Ascended keys

www.curse.com

12. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 16:45 Cutter

4 days lol.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 16:15 justice7

Darks wrote on Apr 1, 2011, 15:34:
I wouldn’t give this game the time of day for a lousy four days of access. Seems to me they are being really anal about the grace period to allow anyone any time to get a good feel for the game. To me it’s like hurry up and play it for a few days then shut you off before you get a feel for what this game is really like. At least wow gives you 15 days.

More like they feel 4 days will hook you. Did you do 4 days? I don't think you did.

10. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 15:40 nin

Darks wrote on Apr 1, 2011, 15:34:
I wouldn’t give this game the time of day for a lousy four days of access. Seems to me they are being really anal about the grace period to allow anyone any time to get a good feel for the game. To me it’s like hurry up and play it for a few days then shut you off before you get a feel for what this game is really like. At least wow gives you 15 days.

It's free, you're welcome!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 15:34 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

8. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 15:09 ledhead1969

Each code can be used 5 times.  

7. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 14:57 Tim Collins

I'm not sure if multiple people can use the same key but I used NYDH-NM77-HTMW-TM6J-NPDM, and went to the link and signed up everything went smooth. I'll be playin later tonight :-)  

6. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 14:19 Fati

NYDH-NM77-HTMW-TM6J-NPDM  

5. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 13:54 The Half Elf

Thank you  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 13:46 ledhead1969

YPDM-ZGGQ-GT6N-K6TM-9GYE

Visit www.RIFTgame.com/en/ally for instructions on how to apply your Ally Code.

<edit> game is great.

3. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 12:52 Respen

I would love to try this out as well if anyone has a spare.

smithjaa@gmail.com

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo