Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Voice Actors... Apr 4, 2011, 12:01 eRe4s3r

Yeah except when you do a fantasy game and have someone speak Irish accent. Or when you do a movie about invading aliens and have the main character speak Bavarian.

I highly doubt you have even a remote grasp of how hilarious out of place (modern) German or English dialects sound when you speak them in a serious situation, or in a fantasy setting.

I can see the point in sci-fi where its, you know, humans from earth (ME2 and assorted). But in fantasy it has no place whatsoever. (And for aliens, or elves/dwarves, its even a deadly sin)

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2011, 12:14.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Voice Actors... Apr 2, 2011, 05:21 Nucas

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 1, 2011, 12:37:
I still have nightmares from that voice. For the record, the German Voice Acting was also exceptional (for a change!) and switching between the 2 languages i noticed that there was hardly any difference (except the language). I wish all Voice Acting would be done this well, not like in Dragon Age 2 where people talk in freaky dialects, which simply does not translate into other languages (its a noob error for voice recording)
every language has dialects, exploiting them for flavor isn't a mistake. having everyone speak with a faux british accent is a mistake that i'm glad they're moving away from. i'd love to hear the russian localization of da2 myself and see if they took advantage of regional accents as well. "noob" "error", whatever you say boring guy.

3. Re: Voice Actors... Apr 1, 2011, 15:03 Kedyn

Irenicus was great. Everything David Warner does is pretty good.

Thank GOD David Hayder isn't on this list anywhere. He's the worst thing ever to happen to voice acting. I can't play Company of Heroes or Dawn of War II because of his growly-12-year-old-prepubescent-boy-playing-a-badass-soldier voice which he somehow gets by using in EVERY FUCKING GAME.

2. Re: Voice Actors... Apr 1, 2011, 12:37 eRe4s3r

I still have nightmares from that voice. For the record, the German Voice Acting was also exceptional (for a change!) and switching between the 2 languages i noticed that there was hardly any difference (except the language). I wish all Voice Acting would be done this well, not like in Dragon Age 2 where people talk in freaky dialects, which simply does not translate into other languages (its a noob error for voice recording)  

1. Voice Actors... Apr 1, 2011, 11:56 Cram

Surprised Rob Wiethoff as John Marston (RDR) and especially David Warner as Jon Irenicus (Baldur's Gate 2) weren't mentioned. My personal opinion I suppose, but those are the only two characters whose voice acting ever caught my attention. God damn Irenicus was a badass.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo