Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dawn of War II Retribution Dark Angels Next Week

THQ announces Dawn of War II Retribution Dark Angels, a DLC pack for the standalone real-time strategy expansion that will be available on April 6th. There are some screenshots on THQ Insider's Flickr Photostream, and here's word:

This DLC will allow fans to purchase a custom Dark Angels Space Marine chapter for use in the multiplayer game, with eight unique models for the major multiplayer units, and new colour schemes for the rest of the army.

The Force Commander will be replaced by the Dark Angels Company Master with winged helmet, the Tactical Marine squad will be in their Dark Angels robes, while the other squads will also be given their chapter-specific revisions. Vehicles will also get a make-over, with custom designs and emblems being added to differentiate them from the standard vehicles.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Dawn of War II Retribution Dark Angels Next Week Apr 1, 2011, 14:31 Flatline

entr0py wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 22:36:
Also, it will cost $7.50

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/blog-post/dark-angels-invade-retribution

Definitely not worth it to me, then again, tabletop fans spend money like drunken sailors, so it might work. I just hope it's not hugely successful, or they'll go on to make Space Wolves and those Russian looking IG, you know the ones. Well, I guess if they each had custom voiceovers, and were released as a pack for $5 I might be tempted.

Considering the full game cost 30 bucks, I'm going with "ah... no."

Retribution also fell flat with me. I missed the old 4 squads setup. You still have them more or less, but the single model and the recruitment thing sucked.

The 'nids campaign sucked too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Dawn of War II Retribution Dark Angels Next Week Apr 1, 2011, 01:01 elefunk

I love it when developers release cosmetic DLC like this. Like when Tripwire released all those character models for Killing Floor.

It lets them make some more well-deserved money for their excellent game from people who actually care about it, but people like me who don't care aren't missing out on any gameplay at all.

6. Re: Dawn of War II Retribution Dark Angels Next Week Apr 1, 2011, 00:49 Gutted

KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 21:42:
All visual, no gameplay changes in this, not worth it.

I think it is over priced for just reskins and few wargear swaps, but if they are going to charge for DLC I much prefer it to be cosmetic only if its going to involve multiplayer in any way shape or form.

5. Re: Dawn of War II Retribution Dark Angels Next Week Mar 31, 2011, 22:36 entr0py

Also, it will cost $7.50

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/blog-post/dark-angels-invade-retribution

Definitely not worth it to me, then again, tabletop fans spend money like drunken sailors, so it might work. I just hope it's not hugely successful, or they'll go on to make Space Wolves and those Russian looking IG, you know the ones. Well, I guess if they each had custom voiceovers, and were released as a pack for $5 I might be tempted.

4. Re: Dawn of War II Retribution Dark Angels Next Week Mar 31, 2011, 22:28 Tumbler

Hmm this is kind of exciting. I'd love to see them change the models of the key figures in each army. I'd pay money for some of the chapters. Blood angels need blue helmets on the devastators, need their awesome psycher Dante, Tycho model would be the techmarine perhaps?

This is cool...assuming the price is only a few dollars. Deathwing terminators instead of normal looking ones would be awesome for the dark angels.

If they offer a wide variety of stuff like this for all the races I'm really excited.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: Dawn of War II Retribution Dark Angels Next Week Mar 31, 2011, 22:10 Trevellian

If they put the Sisters of Battle back into the game I'd care. I still go back to the original Dawn of War when I want to play skirmishes.

I love DoW2 for the Campaigns and Last Stand though.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

2. Re: Dawn of War II Retribution Dark Angels Next Week Mar 31, 2011, 22:01 zoomboy27a

Looking at the models, this targets the WH40K fan-boys' weakness for models. Tempting but I don't think I'll pick it up - multi-player is not my thing -
Except for some occasional Last Stand of course

1. Re: Dawn of War II Retribution Dark Angels Next Week Mar 31, 2011, 21:42 KilrathiAce

All visual, no gameplay changes in this, not worth it. Good thing there is a free update coming as well that adds achievements that add extra last stand wargear... now that actually affects gameplay in last stand.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo