Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live

This thread announces the promised security updates are now live for Crysis 2 as Crytek aims to curtail cheating in their just-released first-person shooter sequel (thanks Bill). Word is: "Today we released the first of a number of security updates, accounts that we have identified as exploiting an unfair advantage have been reset and if the activity persists they will be banned permanently. If you find yourself being kicked from every MP game it is because our systems have detected you cheating. We will continue to update anti-cheat software in Crysis 2 and strive for a cheat-free community." There is also a follow-up post noting that players should not assume that anyone having connection difficulties is cheating. The Crysis 2 Update Thread now also reflects this change, though the links they refer to are just plain text:

31/3 - Our fix thread has been updated to add an acknowledgment to more issues we're currently investigating

31/3 - Today we released the first of a number of security updates, accounts that we have identified as exploiting an unfair advantage have been reset and if the activity persists they will be banned permanently. If you find yourself being kicked from every MP game it is because our systems have detected you cheating. We will continue to update anti-cheat software in Crysis 2 and strive for a cheat-free community.

31/3 - If you are having problems signing into Crysis 2, you should try using your Crysis 1 login details. If you cannot remember your Crysis 1 username, please visit this page to retrieve it, using your MyCrysis account e-mail address and password.

If you do not have a Crysis 1 username, this link may still be useful as it provides you with your Crysis 2 username if your account was created successfully.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Apr 1, 2011, 10:58 Matchstick

The next time Yerli tries to claim piracy is killing PC gaming I'm hoping some journalist does their job properly and suggests to him that piss-poor PC ports full of missing features, egregious bugs and absolutely no cheat protection in MP might be the problem instead.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Apr 1, 2011, 04:25 Sempai

Yerli and his team are complete dumbshits.

You no longer get to ever use the "piracy" excuse again Yerli, you douche fuck.
The release of Crysis 2 was nothing more than a fiasco for those PC users who bought it and learned it was a console port that was so unfinished and full of bugs that if I were on this team I'd immediately go home and commit suicide for ever being part of such a scam as this.

Have a great day!

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 31, 2011, 19:22 Evil Timmy

Necrosis: Yeah, in addition to the OMFG what were they thinking INI cheating, pirates could freely play online (with the 1.1 update)...I strongly suspect that's the real reason for this patch coming out so fast, as their online support in the past has been severely lacking.  

11. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 19:19 Shok

Glad I didn't buy this at release. Definitely waiting on the $15-$20 sale/Target clearance price, if I buy it at all.  

10. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 18:52 [VG]Reagle

If you patch a piece of shit you still have a piece of shit.  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

9. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 18:02 zirik

is this a server side patch only? i launched the game and didnt see an update.  

8. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 16:15 necrosis

Crytek: Pirates! No patch for you!  

7. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 15:47 Kajetan

Tumbler wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 15:37:
Assuming you get the MP side of the game work...it's not that entertaining in my opinion. The whole system feels like someone designed it on paper then the team completed it along the journey to shipping...and then they shipped it. The MP side feels like it's never had any time spent on polishing/balancing it.
This is the usual Crytek philosophy. Crytek does rendering tech and nothing more. Crytek has no interest in designing a good gameplay.

Since Far Cry, the SP was somewhat ok and the MP quickly abandoned, lacking attractive gameplay AND proper support.

6. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 15:37 Tumbler

Assuming you get the MP side of the game work...it's not that entertaining in my opinion. The whole system feels like someone designed it on paper then the team completed it along the journey to shipping...and then they shipped it. The MP side feels like it's never had any time spent on polishing/balancing it. The MP beta might have given them some netcode info which made the game more playable but my experience playing on the 360 was bizarre.

You start with the Assault Rifle. There are 4 classes of weapons, assault rifles, snipers, shot guns, machine guns. I had that code that gets you an unlock at the start and opened up the shotgun. I thought it would be fun to run around shooting the shotgun up close rather than using the assault rifle. So I also took the hip fire increased accuracy as I would be shooting from the hip as well.

So enter the game and come to find that the shotgun is basically a POS weapon. You run up to someone and blast away, it's an auto shotgun so you just hold the trigger, and it takes at least 3 shots to down someone, and quite often your hit won't score I assume because of lag. In general a pathetic weapon all around. Which wouldn't be so bad if the assault rifle was like this as well, but it's a lethal killing machine, aim, land a few shots, target goes down. Even if you use armor mode if I'm close an firing I'd say there is a 50/50 chance that someone with that assault rifle will simply out dps me head to head.

It would have made more sense if the rifle was gimped vs a person in armor mode and you had to wait for an opportunity to shoot. Or you could use the machine gun if you chose to go that way and it'd be effective vs armor mode but would make you slower, take longer to aim, etc. Shotgun guy would at least be dangerous if he gets close, u put up armor mode and maybe the shotgun starts behaving like it does now where it's multiple hits to score a kill.

There just doesn't seem to be any strategy, it's just shoot the enemy faster than he shoots you.

And the situational awareness is terrible, you get shot from all directions if you stop and try and look around. I found the only way to enjoy tolerate the game was spawn and then immediately start running until you see someone, aim fire, run, see someone aim fire. Once you stopped moving it was just a matter of time before someone doing shoots you from a direction you aren't facing.

I'm hoping to see a patch with some balance changes because I think I had enough based on those first 2 nights of playing. It is one of those experiences where you're just mad by the end that you spent time on it. Could have been playing this other game and having fun, why did I just play that for an hour? It's going to get fun any minute now, just get another unlock and everything will probably be more fun. Nope. There is a second shotgun to unlock which looked like was pump action and did higher damage so I was thinking with the next unlock I'd try that one and maybe that would be better...too bad I can't unlock that weapon until lvl 21! Going to be so much fun to grind up to that and see if the game gets any better!

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2011, 15:57.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 15:22 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 15:06:
The only way I can login to the multiplayer portion is to use my Gamespy account, can't login using MyCrysis account at all.

Boy, that's never happened before with an EA published game. Sigh

Creston

4. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 15:06 DangerDog

The only way I can login to the multiplayer portion is to use my Gamespy account, can't login using MyCrysis account at all.

3. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 15:00 MattyC

For shame! Cheating in a benchmark tool!

2. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 14:34 LittleMe

This is a good sign that they are trying to address this issue but unfortunately Crytek has made promises and half-hearted attempts like this in the past. At this point, they aren't deserving of much trust. I predict Crytek will only do this for a little while and then again abandon the game, leaving their customers and the MP community high and dry.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

1. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 14:24 necrosis

- I cannot log into Crysis 2 with my MyCrysis account
This is a known issue that is currently being investigated, when there is a fix to it we will update this post with the correct link.
This is ***STILL*** an issue?!?

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo