Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Magicka: Vietnam Next Month

Paradox interactive announces a release date for Magicka: Vietnam, saying the DLC that takes Magicka in country is expected to be available on April 12th through "all major digital distribution channels" for $4.99 USD. The first batch of screenshots accompany the news, and here's word on the DLC:

Have you ever wondered what it would have been like if wizards were allowed to roam the jungles of war-torn Vietnam, attempting to bring peace and stability to the region by casting spells on all opponents? Magicka: Vietnam features a lengthy challenge scenario that puts you in the combat boots and stylish robe of a Wizard GI. Venture deep into the Goblin-Cong jungle with up to three fellow soldiers in a heroic attempt to liberate prisoners from a POW camp and face off against deadly Vietnam themed enemies. Destroy enemy positions, escape the perils of the jungle and return safely to the evacuation helicopter (“Get to the chopper!!”).

Magicka: Vietnam also contains a new survival challenge map with increased difficulty in direct response to the request from the community. In the Magickal jungles of Vietnam you'll have an array of Vietnam-era weapons and a special Magick that calls in a napalm strike on enemy positions. Players will of course still have access to what makes Magicka truly unique – the dynamic spell casting system and a healthy dose of humour.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Next Month Apr 2, 2011, 01:10 Jerykk

I keep trying to play Magicka and I get literally 5 minutes in and give up every time in frustration/boredom. Does it eventually get fun?

You may have the shortest attention span of anyone ever. 5 minutes? Really?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Next Month Mar 31, 2011, 20:00 Gymper

Have you ever wondered what it would have been like if wizards were allowed to roam the jungles of war-torn Vietnam, attempting to bring peace and stability to the region by casting spells on all opponents?

I've been gaming since the days of Pong - No, not once have I ever given this a passing thought!

10. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Next Month Mar 31, 2011, 17:26 mag

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 16:27:
I keep trying to play Magicka and I get literally 5 minutes in and give up every time in frustration/boredom. Does it eventually get fun?

Do you ever even finish the tutorial?

I don't mean that to be an ass--but I think that's about how long the tutorial takes to play through.

If you are past the tutorial and playing the game proper, what's not fun? The lack of challenge? Too much of a challenge? You don't like hitting qwer asdf and mouse buttons?

The latter never changes, except that you get more proper spells to cast. The fun's in combining them in useful ways to counter the type of enemy you're facing.

If it's too easy--it gets harder. If it's too hard, then you need to figure out how to combine elements better.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2011, 17:38.

9. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Next Month Mar 31, 2011, 16:27 Steele Johnson

8. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Next Month Mar 31, 2011, 15:47 flechett3

Next DLC: Magicka: Black Robe Down.  

7. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Next Month Mar 31, 2011, 14:01 mag

Beamer wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 13:26:
It's fucking retarded, but in the very best way.

I am very curious about the game and will probably turn that curiosity into research into whether the first game is fun single player and whether I should pick both up.

YMMV, but I've actually found it to be pretty great fun by myself. It can be frustrating, though. Without someone to save your ass, if you're not careful it's easy to get stuck in a corner withe enemies pounding on you too fast to get any spells off. But eventually you learn how to avoid that kind of thing.

6. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Next Month Mar 31, 2011, 13:53 cocoreno

Couldn't play more than 15 minutes of the original, just couldn't get past the interface.  

5. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Next Month Mar 31, 2011, 13:26 Beamer

It's fucking retarded, but in the very best way.

I am very curious about the game and will probably turn that curiosity into research into whether the first game is fun single player and whether I should pick both up.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Next Month Mar 31, 2011, 13:04 mag

Ha! For $5? Totally in.  

3. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Next Month Mar 31, 2011, 12:43 Wallshadows

For 5$ you can't really go wrong on this.  

2. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Next Month Mar 31, 2011, 12:32 Verno

It looks like a very silly premise that will still be ridiculously fun.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

1. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Next Month Mar 31, 2011, 12:08 Nucas

i can't decide if that's interesting or fucking retarded. really on the fence here.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo