Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Silicon Knights vs Epic Proceeds

Kotaku has word that the courts are allowing Silicon Knights' legal action to proceed against Epic over Unreal engine licensing. Here's word:

In short, Silicon Knights said it didn't get what it was promised by Epic and it wants a cut of those Gears of War profits as compensation.

Silicon Knights calls a recent ruling in its case a "victory in their litigation against Epic." That's because a federal court has agreed with Silicon Knights that it can go before a jury with its allegations of fraud, negligent misrepresentation, unfair competition, breach of contract, and breach of warranty against the Unreal Engine maker.

The Too Human developer may also have an ally in Disney, which Silicon Knights says had "almost identical claims" against Epic in 2006.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Silicon Knights vs Epic Proceeds Apr 2, 2011, 00:08 mag

wtf_man wrote on Apr 1, 2011, 09:42:
Beamer wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 16:37:
And Cutter continues to make posts that add less value than Space Captain.

I don't know... as a PC gamer I feel fairly betrayed by Epic, Their consolized engine, and all the consolized games made by their engine (being passed off as PC games).

Since we're the ones that initially got them where they are by buying their PC games... we've been treated like crap by them for many years now, and it's only getting worse.

So, I wouldn't mind seeing them take it in the shorts, either.

/shrug

Yeah, I just don't care about Epic anymore. Mark Rein and that other guy whatshisname are pretty much the biggest douchenozzles in the industry, though, so I wouldn't mind seeing them get comeupped.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Silicon Knights vs Epic Proceeds Apr 1, 2011, 09:42 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 16:37:

I don't know... as a PC gamer I feel fairly betrayed by Epic, Their consolized engine, and all the consolized games made by their engine (being passed off as PC games).

Since we're the ones that initially got them where they are by buying their PC games... we've been treated like crap by them for many years now, and it's only getting worse.

So, I wouldn't mind seeing them take it in the shorts, either.

/shrug

4. Re: Silicon Knights vs Epic Proceeds Mar 31, 2011, 16:37 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: Silicon Knights vs Epic Proceeds Mar 31, 2011, 16:34 swaaye

I think that, should Epic lose, they should be coerced into making a single player Unreal 3. Can that Gears of War shit.  

2. Re: Silicon Knights vs Epic Proceeds Mar 31, 2011, 16:33 Cutter

I'd love to see Epic get F'd in the A! That'd be epic!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Silicon Knights vs Epic Proceeds Mar 31, 2011, 13:25 Drazula

It is one thing having Silcon Knights after you. A whole different ball game if Disney jumps in.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo