Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I think I need to get a Ghost Pepper plant from the (noisy) Ghost Pepper Website (thanks Ant via Boing Boing) and cultivate some of these for use in my chili. I actually toned down the heat this past year, only using three habanero peppers and a few milder peppers for seven pounds of meat, so I could probably get by with one or two of these, but it would make for a fun gimmick/conversation piece to say it included home-grown versions of the world's hottest pepper.

Hot Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Spy.
Prior.
From Beyond.
Links: Logos' Secret Messages. Thanks scorcese.fan.
Pedestrian's Guide to the USA. Thanks Neatorama.
Stories: Albany Man Opted Out of Mega Millions Pool That Won $319 Million. Thanks Brother19.
Minty geeks and flirty beermats.
Jailhouse ring smuggled drugs in paint in coloring books. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Angry Wasps Capture Intruding Ants, Fly Away, Airdrop Them.
Happiness peaks in our eighties. Thanks Neatorama.
Largely unseen photos of MLK's killer unveiled.
The Resemblance is Uncanny.
Media: OverAnalyzers- Episode 1.
Tune for Two.
Quadrocopter Ball Juggling. Thanks nin.
Auction: Rare, amazing gaming collectibles auctioned to support Japan.
Follow-up: Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal. Thanks Digg.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2011, 01:06 UnderLord

You're out of date chum, try Infinity Chilies - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12505344  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: IThink This Is Supposed to Be Over WASD Mar 31, 2011, 21:25 Hoop

WarPig wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 20:00:
I keep forgetting that you live in the future.

This is true WarPig but a very uncertain one, still can't access work in the middle of town since the quake.
Helicopter footage of the city from today.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/4837332/Chch-from-air-6-weeks-on

If we get another of these in the near future we are farked.

Um .. Behind you...

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2011, 20:22 jimnms

nin wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 10:48:
Wow! That's pretty cool! I'd not noticed the -> in Fedex before, and not heard of the Amazon one, either. Or the bear on the tolberone.
I never noticed the FedEx arrow, but knew about the arrow on Amazon's logo pointing from A to Z.

Steam Profile

10. Re: IThink This Is Supposed to Be Over WASD Mar 31, 2011, 20:00 WarPig

Or should I just leave it at "April fools!" as it is indeed the 1st of April here, 8.30am to be exact.

I keep forgetting that you live in the future.

GO SEAHAWKS!

9. Re: IThink This Is Supposed to Be Over WASD Mar 31, 2011, 15:20 Hoop

nin wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 14:20:
But the key presses themselves...

Oh sorry yeah .... early in the morning here.

Or should I just leave it at "April fools!" as it is indeed the 1st of April here, 8.30am to be exact.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2011, 15:31.

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2011, 14:24 Tango

Wow! That's pretty cool! I'd not noticed the -> in Fedex before
The story goes that when the logo was presented to the executives for the first time, the CEO at the time (Fred Smith, I think) was the only one in the room to spot the arrow. Great logo.

7. Re: IThink This Is Supposed to Be Over WASD Mar 31, 2011, 14:20 nin

Hoop wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 13:00:
Quboid wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 11:37:
until someone pointed out that it was digital all-or-nothing whereas a joystick should be analog with gradual values for each axis.

I don't see how that could be digital, looks like a simple spring system as complicated as lego.

But the key presses themselves...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: IThink This Is Supposed to Be Over WASD Mar 31, 2011, 13:00 Hoop

Quboid wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 11:37:
until someone pointed out that it was digital all-or-nothing whereas a joystick should be analog with gradual values for each axis.

I don't see how that could be digital, looks like a simple spring system as complicated as lego.

Um .. Behind you...

5. From Beyond Mar 31, 2011, 12:50 Rhialto

Pretty interesting game... very short but challenging nonetheless.

Any hints? Best score yet is S rank with 19600.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2011, 12:45 mag

Ratty wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 10:59:
Synchronicity! I made chili last night. It's practically inedible after I make it - really harsh, a bit bitter, and super hot - but a night in the fridge mellows it right out. I have to make it extra hot because it gets milder the longer it sits in the fridge. An interesting thing: last time I made it I froze some of it and when I defrosted it a few weeks later it was about the best tasting chili I'd ever had. So I'm trying it again to see if freezing really does improve the taste that much.

I don't know why it'd be the case, but I thought it was common knowledge (belief, at least!) that chili tastes better after being frozen and then reheated later. Chili is proof that god wants us to eat leftovers.

3. IThink This Is Supposed to Be Over WASD Mar 31, 2011, 11:37 Quboid

As noted on the FailBlog comments, no, it's not supposed to fit over WASD, in fact you can see the pads that would be pressing on the Q and E keys.

It's a 'joystick' which 'worked' in flight sims. I remember, many moons ago, seeing one of these for sale and thinking it was a clever idea until someone pointed out that it was digital all-or-nothing whereas a joystick should be analog with gradual values for each axis.

- Quboid

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2011, 10:59 Ratty

Synchronicity! I made chili last night. It's practically inedible after I make it - really harsh, a bit bitter, and super hot - but a night in the fridge mellows it right out. I have to make it extra hot because it gets milder the longer it sits in the fridge. An interesting thing: last time I made it I froze some of it and when I defrosted it a few weeks later it was about the best tasting chili I'd ever had. So I'm trying it again to see if freezing really does improve the taste that much.

I use dried ancho and chipotle and make my own powder by toasting 8 tsp cumin seed and grinding that up with 8 tsp oregano, 8 tsp paprika and 1 tsp cayenne pepper. This is for about 4 cups of dried beans (sorry Texas chili fans).

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2011, 10:48 nin

Logos' Secret Messages.

Wow! That's pretty cool! I'd not noticed the -> in Fedex before, and not heard of the Amazon one, either. Or the bear on the tolberone.

All that marketing money, wasted.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo