Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Din's Curse Patch

Version 1.023 of Din's Curse is now out of beta, and the Windows and OS X patches are now available for download on the Soldak Entertainment Website. The new version of the action/RPG mainly implements balance changes, as detailed in the patch notes.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Din's Curse Patch Mar 30, 2011, 20:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game is fairly interesting, I played the demo for about 4 hours, with a few characters. However the engine is basically from about 1997... graphics aside, you can seemingly only have 1 projectile in the air, or 1 multishot in the air at once, at least as far as my level capped guys seem to be allowed. Monster AI is pretty poor.

Skills are basically about 80% redundant. Any character needs a high damage low mana attack skill, a nice AOE skill or two, and maybe a few utility/buff abilities. However each class gets three groups of Skills, many of which overlap so much that most will end up being ignored.

However the most annoying thing has to be that every citizen in town is not only relying on your PC to protect them, but they also cannot even move around to get money or food. Every so often a message pops up: "So and so is starving in town! What's His Name is in debt, help him!"

Really? The game would be pretty good without these meaningless 10copper quests and if they got a better engine. I can accept low polygon models, randomly generated dungeon graphics, etc. but the basic combat is held back by the engine drastically.

Still, I am halfway convinced I should buy this game, just to help keep Soldak going, so they can survive as a company long enough to become drastically better at programming an engine, hire some people who can make one from scratch, or just license an appropriate engine.(Aka the engine from Drakensang, which is AMAZING on many levels, including graphically.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Din's Curse Patch Mar 30, 2011, 09:25 gilly775

Wow, thanks for trolling. Maybe if you'd actually play it, you'd have fun. But that's OK, the rest of us wll have a blast. I'd rather take gameplay over graphics anyday.  

1. Re: Din's Curse Patch Mar 29, 2011, 22:33 Gymper

How about a higher resolution patch? Improve that, I'll give it a try.  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo