Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Choplifter HD Announced

inXile Entertainment announces Choplifter HD, a revival of the helicopter rescue franchise planned for release this fall. The news is accompanied by this trailer and these screenshots, and there's a timely interview on Big Download discussing the project with Brian Fargo, learning how they secured the rights and their goals for the project. Brian also indicates they expect to release a playable demo. Here's a portion of the announcement:

In Choplifter HD, players take on the role of an up and coming rescue pilot asked to join the elite, international helicopter rescue team C.H.O.P.R. (Coordinated Helicopter Operations, Preservation and Rescue). Pilots will be trained to command a variety of helicopters deployed on more than 20 different missions ranging from captured military prisoner extraction to saving survivors of viral outbreaks. Pilots must bank, hover and touch-down in perilous conditions in order to make their rescue and complete their mission. Developed and published by inXile Entertainment, Choplifter HD dares players to risk their lives in order to save others.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: > sliced bread. Mar 29, 2011, 11:02 Ant

Snapdad wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 03:01:
Next up, Wings Of Fury?

Please, oh, please.
I loved WoF on my Apple //c! Amiga port was very nice. Choplifter was awesome on Apple //c. I didn't like the arcade port though.

Can we remake Karateka, Aztec, Montezuma's Revenge, Lode Runner (old classic style!), etc.?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Choplifter HD Announced Mar 29, 2011, 09:55 Annex

I so hated Choplifter on the sega master system. The third level was just impossibly hard for a kid!  

14. Re: Choplifter HD Announced Mar 29, 2011, 09:09 xXBatmanXx

Ginny wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 09:05:
Sweet, yo's been callin for a desert/nuclear strike hd for years.

Trailer looks like fleshing it out without EA onboard, well done to inxile hacking the choplifter name to give us a roaming heli blast'umup.

The strike series were allways so popular, why ea ain't gone back to it is beyond me. Nuclear strike with decent graphics would be freking amazing, everything about NS is quality aside the total ass graphics.

Oh man I played the hell out of the strike series on the Genesis....so much fun. Games were pretty darn hard once you got up there in levels....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Choplifter HD Announced Mar 29, 2011, 09:05 Ginny

Sweet, yo's been callin for a desert/nuclear strike hd for years.

Trailer looks like fleshing it out without EA onboard, well done to inxile hacking the choplifter name to give us a roaming heli blast'umup.

The strike series were allways so popular, why ea ain't gone back to it is beyond me. Nuclear strike with decent graphics would be freking amazing, everything about NS is quality aside the total ass graphics.

12. Re: Choplifter HD Announced Mar 29, 2011, 08:44 gilly775

Omg. So many memories on the C64. Except I think I landed on too many of the people I was trying to rescue.  

11. Re: > sliced bread. Mar 29, 2011, 03:59 Jackplug

It may have better gfx and sound, but i would prefer the original. Maybe 2d, but its still bloody good fun.  

10. Re: > sliced bread. Mar 29, 2011, 03:41 DangerDog

Snapdad wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 03:01:
Next up, Wings Of Fury?

Please, oh, please.

I was thinking the same thing watching the trailer for this game, it's sort of been remade on the PC but not in "HD".

http://www.reloaded.org//download/Wings-Fury/29/

you have to set it to run in xp compatibility mode on win7, looks to be the Amiga version tweaked to be a stand alone game.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2011, 03:49.

9. Re: > sliced bread. Mar 29, 2011, 03:40 Krovven

These screenshots makes me want a Desert Strike/Jungle Strike reboot.

Choplifter HD looks promising.

8. > sliced bread. Mar 29, 2011, 03:01 Snapdad

Next up, Wings Of Fury?

Please, oh, please.

7. Re: Choplifter HD Announced Mar 29, 2011, 02:07 Rilcon

The original was one of my favourites on the C64, lots of fun dodging fighter jet missiles and UFOs.  

6. Re: Choplifter HD Announced Mar 29, 2011, 00:18 Cutter

I recall blowing way too many quarters on it in the arcade.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Choplifter HD Announced Mar 28, 2011, 23:01 xXBatmanXx

SWEET! Best news I have heard all week!
I played the HELL outta this game on the Commodore64.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: Choplifter HD Announced Mar 28, 2011, 22:35 Creston

I'd buy it for 5 bucks, but that's about all nostalgia will get out of my wallet these days.

Creston

3. Re: Choplifter HD Announced Mar 28, 2011, 22:30 Prez

That looks pretty good! Faithful,too!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Choplifter HD Announced Mar 28, 2011, 22:04 DangerDog

Looks better in motion than it does in still image. I remember seeing this running on Apple II systems, but the assholes that ran the computer store wouldn't let anyone play it.

Not sure if this has enough nostalgic appeal for $15, maybe.

1. Re: Choplifter HD Announced Mar 28, 2011, 21:55 zirik

wow! i remember playing this on an apple 2 system at school. the new revival seems to have retained the fun of the original. i buy it!  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo