Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked

Our skepticism of the report from earlier that a Crysis 2 DirectX 11 patch is due today turns out to be well-founded. The MyCrysis forums confirm that such a patch has not been confirmed (thanks Grifter via eXophase). Here's word from Crytek:

No patch was ever confirmed, I have no idea why this website even posted such information. This thread is locked just the same as the others for trying to spread inaccurate information. When there are any big announcements regarding Crysis 2 they will be posted on MyCrysis, if you read something about a patch for example, but don't see it on MyCrysis.com, then it isn't genuine.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 30, 2011, 00:10 Jerykk

The gameplay is very fun and the story is great.

You'll need to elaborate on why you find the game fun. Simply saying "this game is fun" doesn't really mean anything to anyone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 16:22 OldScho0l

Have any of the people complaining actually played Crysis 2?

I went into it expecting it to be junk on every level. I was mistaken. Once I got into the game, I was instantly hooked. The game is so good that it gets even better as it goes. I am loving it. The graphics are amazing! The gameplay is very fun and the story is great. The entire experience has been fabulous. I would highly recommend it. Best FPS SP in a while. If you play through the entire game and still think it sucks, I would be shocked. It's hardcore! Sure there's a few bugs and tweaks are needed but anyone on this site should be more than capable of tracking down the tweaks and implementing them.
The main tweaks I found useful were the Multi GPU, multi CPU, SLI, and framerate cap. Also, the FoV is a vertical FoV so don't expect fov of 100 to be a good thing. 55-80 is best range to avoid clipping.
Stop being so stubborn and just try it. You will have a blast.
I've had so many, "OMG these graphics are amazing!" moments in this game that I have lost count.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2011, 17:56.

21. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 15:10 Jerykk

Oh come on, do you seriously still think WinXP is the main reason for publisher/devs not supporting DX10 & 11?

It's one of the big reasons, yes. Many developers have stated that it's easier to develop for DX10 and 11, even when porting console games. However, the prominence of XP means that making a DX10/11 exclusive is prohibitive and making a game that supports DX9, 10 and 11 is too much work. If you have to make a game that supports DX9, you might as well skip 10 and 11 because you've already put in a lot of effort.

20. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 13:30 Muscular Beaver

Oh come on, do you seriously still think WinXP is the main reason for publisher/devs not supporting DX10 & 11?  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

19. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 12:24 Jerykk

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 07:02:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 28, 2011, 23:21:
I wouldn't go so far as to say "tons" but there are a decent number of console ports that support DX11.

"Tons" is laughable, but "a decent amount" is almost as funny.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_11_support
And most of them only have minor DX11 components and not even close to full support.
Jerykk, I am dissapoint.

Agreed, I may have been a bit generous. Still, you have to remember that DirectX 9 has been around for over 8 years. A large portion of the market still uses XP as well. It's only natural that there be a far greater number of DX9 games than DX11 games.

18. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 11:59 wtf_man

xDarkMatterx wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 11:48:
With AA considered, then yes, I agree.

However, AA is not required to play the game to many.

Well any PC gamer worth their salt absolutely requires AA.
You will also note the second chart from the first link... No AA... those numbers are STILL dismal for a modern mainstream card.

Anyway, a major sore spot for a lot of these modern engines that are "multi-platform"... no AA on the PC. WTF? We're going backwards with technology???

The only game I own that I can't turn AA on is GTA IV... and that's because I was a dumbass and didn't do my homework before purchasing.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2011, 13:51.

17. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 11:48 xDarkMatterx

With AA considered, then yes, I agree.

However, AA is not required to play the game to many.

16. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 11:22 wtf_man

xDarkMatterx wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 10:30:
Crysis 1 plays perfectly fine on 3 year old tech, even at 1080 and very high settings (ie. DX10 and 64-bit). The excuses of the game running like crap need to stop.

These show Minimum and Average with a GTX 560 Ti with Anti-Aliasing:

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1995&pageID=10112

These appear to be Max Framerates with a GTX 560 Ti with Anti-Aliasing:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_560_Ti/10.html

Going on 4 years and it still runs like crap with max settings and AA.
I rest my case.

Granted... I did not expect mainstream cards to run it at max settings and AA when it came out... but almost 4 years newer hardware... absolutely. The frame-rates in those benchmarks are unacceptable.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2011, 13:43.

15. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 10:49 Tim

xDarkMatterx wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 10:30:
wtf_man wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 10:06:
Games don't need "Cutting Edge Graphics". I'd rather that it play well on a current mainstream system than having it play like shit on newer mainstream systems, still, after 3 years (Crysis 1).
Crysis 1 plays perfectly fine on 3 year old tech, even at 1080 and very high settings (ie. DX10 and 64-bit). The excuses of the game running like crap need to stop.

Couldn't agree more!

14. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 10:30 xDarkMatterx

wtf_man wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 10:06:
Games don't need "Cutting Edge Graphics". I'd rather that it play well on a current mainstream system than having it play like shit on newer mainstream systems, still, after 3 years (Crysis 1).

13. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 10:06 wtf_man

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 28, 2011, 22:32:
The game is a major disappointment, and without cutting edge graphics, it'll fall by the wayside real fast.

That said... there are other things that make it a crap game, that people have already mentioned. (Consolized, lack of destruction, etc.), so I agree that it will fall by the wayside fast... but not because of the Graphics.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2011, 10:15.

12. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 09:02 necrosis

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 07:02:
I wouldn't go so far as to say "tons" but there are a decent number of console ports that support DX11.

And most of them only have minor DX11 components and not even close to full support.
Jerykk, I am dissapoint.
Even the list for DX10 games is sad.

11. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 07:02 Muscular Beaver

Jerykk, I am dissapoint.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2011, 07:11.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

10. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 06:48 eRe4s3r

Its because running around for 10 hours in (the same) urban environment is visually boring as hell. I was already tired of such gameplay after the first FEAR expansion.

Anyhow - the graphics aren't worse they just have less resolution and are blander. That said - they did improve the gunplay but they completely removed destruction from the game. With that, they already lost to BF3.

9. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 03:24 DangerDog

I don't know what game people are comparing Crysis 2 to if they're saying it has bad graphics, sure there are a few textures that you could point at and bitch about but on the whole it looks amazing.

After three games where you fight in a tropical jungle environment (Far Cry, Crysis & Warhead) I find the urban setting a nice reprieve.

I wish they would open the game up for modding with Sandbox 3 editor, even if it were just for singleplay mapping.

8. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 00:54 Darks

So in other words, fuck you all and have a nice day is what hes saying.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

7. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 00:15 TurdFergasun

so a crap game/tech demo is still going to be crap? moving on.  

6. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 28, 2011, 23:36 zirik

do we really want an afterthought feature on the pc version? just let them fix the bugs on the single player and prevent cheats on the multiplayer. then maybe think about adding dx11 after doing that.  

5. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 28, 2011, 23:21 Jerykk

4. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 28, 2011, 23:02 StingingVelvet

Overon wrote on Mar 28, 2011, 22:27:
It's a console game. What console supports DX 11 features like tesselation?

Tons of "console games" do support it on PC, so your snarky comment is kind of silly.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo