Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake

With rumors, confirmations, and trademarks all suggesting a remake of Syndicate is coming some day, Computer and Video Games has word that the creator of the original sci-fi series is interested in participating. "Yes, of course. It's a great feeling to see something you've created still have life or meaning. But my first thought is: 'I wish I could just spend a day with them saying what I thought was really special about Syndicate, or another title for that matter," Peter Molyneux tells them. "They're smart people and I'm sure they'll work it out. But it's like a parent watching their kid grow up and do something with their life - you still want to be a little bit involved. There's been a Populous DS. That was okay, it didn't do brilliantly. Again, I wish I had ten minutes with them at the start."

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 14:37 avianflu

Fable 3 -- ugh. It went very quickly to 20 bucks for lots of good reasons.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 11:49 Verno

That's not what people get upset at Peter for, you've totally misread the situation. Peter promises the world, usually fails to deliver then blames it on the public misinterpreting him. He also has a fairly healthy ego that often gets him into trouble, usually in the form of the above.

In the case of Fable 3 however, I bitch because "trying something new" throws away all UI conventions and even the slightest amount of testing would have told them how people would react to something that highly inconveniences the player. Also charging cash for black dye "DLC" is fucking ridiculous.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

16. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 11:25 Steele Johnson

Jackplug wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 04:05:
I think Molyneux is the best, cos he wont let anything go until hes happy with it, his games always try to be inovative and different..

I agree. People bitch and moan that the same ol' games just get rehashed. Here's a guy that tries to do something different every time (albeit, not always succeeding), and people complain. I think the benefit of the doubt should go to the innovator even if the end result is a letdown to some. He has designed some amazing games that don't compare to anything else. I hope he does it again because I feel he deserves it. Some people get lucky with an innovative game; some people try to be innovative and fail. It's not easy, and I have a lot of respect for this guy.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2011, 11:30.

15. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 08:52 Verno

After playing Fable 3 I no longer want Peter to have access to personal computers let alone designing other video games.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

14. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 08:34 JoeNapalm

Cutter wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 00:43:
However, they should get someone like Bill Gibson or Neil Stephanson to do the narrative for the game.

That...would be awesome.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

13. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 08:00 InBlack

You guys dissing Molyneux realize that he has nothing, NOTHING at all to do with the game in "possible" development at EA...Right? Right?

Not that I have any faith in EA whatsoever...

I have a nifty blue line!

12. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 07:43 commonperson

I used to think PM was the greatest I remember playing Populous and Syndicate when they came out and them blowing me away but as time goes on and with successive disapointments and what seem like bald faced lies regarding his last several releases I just have less and less faith in him. If he really cared about Syndicate he'd have done something with it. He'd have tried to buy the rights back or something. It's starting to feel like he's just trying to attatch his name to something that's developing a lot of buzz because well frankly he seems to just like to keep his name in the news. I don't know him from Adam, he maybe a wonderful guy, but when it comes to his games after Fable III I'm not trusting him as far as I can throw him.  

11. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 05:58 Golwar

I wonder how Syndicate shall be his child. He was just the producer, or? Neither the lead designer nor programmer. If this role is similar as in the movie business, his creative participation was barely existing.  

10. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 04:15 Kajetan

Jackplug wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 04:05:
I think...
Think less, read more. Before a PM game is released, he is all psyched up. THIS IS TEH NEW MUST-HAVE! After the game is released, he had to admit, that it was a boring pile of shit and could have been much better, which leads us directly to his new game ... rinse, repeat in infinity.

9. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 04:05 Jackplug

I think Molyneux is the best, cos he wont let anything go until hes happy with it, his games always try to be inovative and different..  

8. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 03:40 bigspender

im suprised Molyneux hasn't made a game about him self cause he loves himself so much  

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

7. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 03:11 Prez

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 02:37:
Maybe because EA bought Bullfrog, and with it Syndicate. How exactly is he suppose to be working on a franchise he has no access to?

Well, there's the old "Spiritual Successor" standby a la Supreme Commander and Bioshock.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 02:37 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 00:43:
He got lucky with Syndicate if Syndicate 2 and most of his other games are a true indicator. As for it being his kid, lol! More like a red-headed stepchild he abandoned in a dark alley in a strange city is more like it. I can't imagine him bringing any positive contribution to the table. However, they should get someone like Bill Gibson or Neil Stephanson to do the narrative for the game.

Maybe because EA bought Bullfrog, and with it Syndicate. How exactly is he suppose to be working on a franchise he has no access to?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 01:23 Asmo

I like how an IP as great as Syndicate can languish for over a decade and now that someone else has decided to take a run at it, suddenly he's interested...  

4. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 01:03 Ventura

I'm sorry to say, but I am so over Peter Molyneux. It has been many, many years since I got any real enjoyment out of anything he had a hand in creating.  

3. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 00:43 Cutter

He got lucky with Syndicate if Syndicate 2 and most of his other games are a true indicator. As for it being his kid, lol! More like a red-headed stepchild he abandoned in a dark alley in a strange city is more like it. I can't imagine him bringing any positive contribution to the table. However, they should get someone like Bill Gibson or Neil Stephanson to do the narrative for the game.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 00:03 Elf Shot The Food

Knowing him, he'd probably want to add farting and belching minigames.  

1. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 28, 2011, 22:14 Prez

Given how long ago Molyneux released Syndicate I would worry that ole' Pete himself doesn't remember what was special about Syndicate. But maybe it's like riding a bike.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo