Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed

The Capcom Blog follows up on the rumor from Friday about a new Resident Evil spin-off series, saying SOCOM developer Slant 6 is working on Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, a squad-based third-person shooter that will offer a "reinterpretation" of the events in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3. They say this spin-off series is due this winter for Windows as well as Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and that "Zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.Ws) add to the mix as players not only compete against an opposing squad but also tackle this third unpredictable element, creating a brand new style of gameplay and breaking the conventions of traditional team based shooters." They also reveal multiplayer plans: "In addition, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City will deliver a number of competitive online multiplayer modes. Each one of these will provide a unique gaming experience thanks to the three way combat between the Umbrella Security Service, US Special Ops and threat of zombies and B.O.Ws that could only exist in the deadly and twisted Resident Evil Universe." Finally, they have demo news for console players: "In addition, we can also confirm that Resident Evil: The Mercenaries will ship with a playable demo of Resident Evil: Revelations."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed Mar 29, 2011, 14:18 swaaye

I found the original 5(?) RE games, however many sequels and remakes there finally were, quite cheesy and boring frankly. RE4 was pretty awesome after all that but RE5 just didn't do anything for me and I haven't finished it. The rail shooters that they've also come up with in the meantime need to go away for sure.

I'm not sure what direction they should go in but I don't think I'll be buying something that looks too similar to RE5.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed Mar 28, 2011, 23:47 Jerykk

Nice to see Capcom supporting the PC more regularly. I can't say I'm particularly interested in this spinoff but the gesture is appreciated.  

7. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed Mar 28, 2011, 22:49 Razumen

Sounds good, reminds me of the Resident Evil Outbreak games, but this time with a bigger audience and more accessiblity.

And there's no reason why they couldn't put some puzzles in the levels, in fact solving things as a team could be loads of fun (And better than what a SP RE game could offer if done right.)

6. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed Mar 28, 2011, 14:31 Cutter

SirKnight wrote on Mar 28, 2011, 10:27:
Bah. I'd rather see RE return to it's roots and be less concerned about combat. The first three REs were just as much about solving puzzles as it was about killing zombies, if not more so.

RE5 looked nice, but it felt more like gears of war than RE.

Ditto.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed Mar 28, 2011, 14:29 StingingVelvet

I agree, I miss the actual Resident Evil games that formed the first trilogy. Those were unique and intense... 4 and 5 were just shooters with bad controls.

I'm still interested to see where this ends up though. Capcom's PC engine is amazing.

4. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed Mar 28, 2011, 13:17 Ginny

SirKnight wrote on Mar 28, 2011, 10:27:
Bah. I'd rather see RE return to it's roots and be less concerned about combat. The first three REs were just as much about solving puzzles as it was about killing zombies, if not more so.

Same for me, the real scare in the brilliant first 2 games came when you were snooping around looking for stuff. What made it all click, from the limited controls and the pace of the game, with the search and suspense. That was resident evil.

Played through 5, just lost the vibe.. you're allways packing steel while near constantly being charged down, no fear, no suspense, might as well been doom.

3. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed Mar 28, 2011, 10:34 CommunistHamster

A slower, more tactical 3rd person L4D sort of thing? Might be fun.  

2. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed Mar 28, 2011, 10:28 Rattlehead

So the developer is six chinese people?  

1. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed Mar 28, 2011, 10:27 SirKnight

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo