Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Elements of War

Kalypso Media announces that Elements of War is gold, and the now-complete real-time strategy game is due in North America on April 12. Here's word on how the sci-fi game will allow player to make it rain:

In Elements of War, players will take charge of a wide variety of military units, from modern helicopters and battle tanks, to futuristic weaponry such as powered exoskeletons, EMP generating vehicles and lightning-throwing planes as they battle across a torn and tattered near-future United States. As gamers fight their way across the decimated landscape, they will unlock next-generation weather-controlling weaponry that will allow them to unleash tornadoes, earthquakes and much more on their enemies. For more information about Elements of War, please visit www.kalypsomedia.com or http://www.facebook.com/elementswar.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Gold - Elements of War Mar 27, 2011, 02:54 eRe4s3r

Maybe worse - shooters nowadays throw "bombast effect" at you every 10 minutes which turns the entire game into a mind numbing brain stressing graphics orgy that doesn't let you relax and take it all in (the close FOV doesn't help either).

My resident non-gamer thinks Homefront and Crysis 2 aren't games anymore, too chaotic too little innovation, nothing "fun" about it anymore.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Gold - Elements of War Mar 27, 2011, 01:25 Jerykk

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 00:29:
I don't know what has been more stagnant, mmos or rts. Both are very tired game mechanics. FPS is starting to get that way too.

Starting? Shooters have been stale for years. In the 90's and early 2000's, we had a wide range of shooters with significantly different gameplay mechanics. Quake, Tribes, Operation Flashpoint, Rainbow Six, Descent, Half-Life, Counter-Strike... now we just have CoD-clones and Halo. I don't think there's been any point in history where shooters have been less innovative than they are now. Hell, even the flood of Doom-clones were more diverse.

5. Re: Gold - Elements of War Mar 26, 2011, 10:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Screenshots look pretty good, and I hope there IS some sort of resource gathering/wood chopping and the resultant peasant protection/abuse cycle that seems to be missing in the current RTS games(aside from SC2, which is a bit bleh).

The success of Dawn of War 2 really hurt RTS games as a whole, now every company wants a piece of either that simplified RTS pie, or the ridiculously simplified sub-genre of Heroes of Norrath/League of Legends/DoTA style games.

Bring back the glory days of EARLY Command and Conquer, Total Annihilation, etc.

Unfortunately since this is the same publisher/developer? who made Dungeons, this game is probably going to be watered down shit.

4. Re: Gold - Elements of War Mar 26, 2011, 03:34 gilly775

Kedyn wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 02:34:
Sounds more like a modern day strategy game - everyone knows George W. Bush used his own weather machine to create Hurricane Katrina in an effort to destroy the black man.

Kanye must be right

3. Re: Gold - Elements of War Mar 26, 2011, 02:34 Kedyn

Sounds more like a modern day strategy game - everyone knows George W. Bush used his own weather machine to create Hurricane Katrina in an effort to destroy the black man.  

2. Re: Gold - Elements of War Mar 26, 2011, 00:29 Steele Johnson

I don't know what has been more stagnant, mmos or rts. Both are very tired game mechanics. FPS is starting to get that way too.  

1. Re: Gold - Elements of War Mar 25, 2011, 21:59 theAntiELVIS

Is there wood chopping? I won't play an RTS without wood chopping, and lots of it!  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo