Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 2 Tweak Tool

A post on the inCrysis Crysis Forums shows the way to a Crysis 2 Advanced Graphics Options Application, a utility to allow control over some of the graphics options not readily available in the Windows edition of Crytek's just-released shooter sequel. The tool allows you to change levels for shaders, effect, particles, post-processing, shadows, motions blur, anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, and more. Thanks PCGames.de and Andrew.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 27, 2011, 18:36 OldScho0l

I think that there will be a patch that adds the options that are in this tool. I found that messing with the tool made my game glitch badly (lighting gets hosed). After some research, I found that the Drivers need an update to support Crysis (At least for SLI in my case).

The game is absolutely awesome though! Don't go into it thinking it's just a port. The story, Graphics, gameplay are frickin great! The grahpics are sooooo good!

I'm loving this game even though I wanted to hate it ever since I saw the first video ages ago. Great game!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 27, 2011, 15:51 reisub

I may be alone in this but why does it matter if you need to delve into a configuration file in order to make advanced changes? As long as the options are there to be tweaked what difference does it make?

It was like this with Quake, Unreal, etc. and it wasn't a problem then. I don't see why it's a problem now.

20. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 27, 2011, 14:18 Overon

Wadsie guy who wrote the application
http://www.wasdie.blogspot.com/
should be hired those developers to make PC centered configuration gui's for their games. He put in everything a PC gamer would want:
toggle zoom
toggle crouch
mouse smoothing
mouse acceleration
no intros
field of view
and shitloads of individual graphical settings.
He's awesome and made a shitty console port a a lot more tolerable. Nice job.

19. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 26, 2011, 04:36 Jackplug

If there is no video options that has been made available in the pc ver of the game, then my only thought is that its been ported from the console game but has been tweaked so it looks alittle better.  

18. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 26, 2011, 02:09 Prez

Crytek should be lauded for getting such a great-looking game to run so well on non-god-like PC's, especially considering what a massive pig Crysis was. And they should be lambasted for not doing what a user did in a day - give detailed graphics option controls in a concise, convenient front end.

Sempai wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 00:45:
I like pie.

What a useless comment. You didn't even mention what type of pie specifically. Are we to believe you like every possible kind of pie? I find that notion ridiculous.

ďThe greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.Ē
- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 26, 2011, 00:45 Sempai

I like pie.  

16. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 22:06 mag

Darks wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 16:40:
Do you guys remember when Crysis came out? Do you recall all the cool advanced options they gave us, they even made the game so that you could push it for future released hardware. Crytec really took it in the butt from a lot of user because they gave them tons of options, so the first things people will do when they get a nice new game is go in to the adv options and crank everything up to max.

The game was so advanced that it literally would bring many of the newer pcs to its knees. Users donít always use common sense when picking the best options that fit their system. We all want to see those awesome graphics working, but will blame the developer because users donít use common sense.

I guess the point Iím making is Crytec is damned if they do and damned if they donít. Users in general are never happy; we all like to complain too much.

It's different people complaining about different things, though. If you complain that your top-of-the-line system can't run a game on its no-holds-barred-no-system-can-play-this-but-no-game-looks-1/10th-as-good settings, you're an idiot--and yeah, a lot of people are idiots.

So of course Crytek kowtowed to the idiots, and now we have no choice. Meh.

15. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 20:38 TheEmissary

Crytek really should be ashamed of themselves for forcing basic options to be hidden in a very non-user friendly way. They should also be ashamed that it took a user/customer to fix and restore functionality that every other PC game under the sun has.

A PC is not a console and don't treat it as one. Every one has slightly faster or slower hardware and tune it accordingly. Some people can't stand motion blur or bloom or want to reduce shadows/shader effects without messing with the texture quality.

If they want to avoid a repeat of "Can it run Crysis" debates just add a in-game warning like Unreal 2k4 and Doom3 did for their Ultra modes. It is also worth noticing that GTA4 also had the right idea by showing you a GPU memory usage while your choosing settings. Alas they had to take the simple route.

If they want to avoid "setting abuse" in multiplayer then have separate settings for it in the menu. In singleplayer there is no excuse to have blackbox settings.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2011, 20:50.

14. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 18:08 Darks

Halo,

Referring to in game options screen. Options that are not available to users that devs decide to not support. That kind of support.

But, yea the ones you described, those are uncalled for and should have never got out the door like that.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

13. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 17:51 Halo

Darks wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 17:34:
Just a little insight info about options, I have a friend who owns his own game company, wont give a name for obviouse reasons. but I asked him about why certain options are not abailibe or added to a game.

His response was. "we don't make an option because people will abuse it, and then tie up tech support. When it's not a supported feature, tech support is off the hook!" He also menationed about shooting for a min spec..

Meaning that console plays a big part in deciding what features are avalible for a game. at this point Im think, fuck console its destroying pc gaming.

Tech support problems like?:
Crysis 2 "key is already in use" error
Trouble redeeming Crysis 2 promo code at MyCrysis.com

Damn those users abusing the game.

12. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 17:34 Darks

Just a little insight info about options, I have a friend who owns his own game company, wont give a name for obviouse reasons. but I asked him about why certain options are not abailibe or added to a game.

His response was. "we don't make an option because people will abuse it, and then tie up tech support. When it's not a supported feature, tech support is off the hook!" He also menationed about shooting for a min spec..

Meaning that console plays a big part in deciding what features are avalible for a game. at this point Im think, fuck console its destroying pc gaming.

11. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 16:47 killer_roach

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 16:23:
Darks, he was being sarcastic. Dozey

And when you purchase consolified games on the PC, you're doing the OPPOSITE of supporting PC games.

The only way to encourage devs to go back to true PC support is to NOT BUY games that lack true PC support.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

I disagree. A publisher will look at the numbers, see the PC version doesn't sell well, then consider, due to the additional cost of development, that it's not worth doing. If a game has to be built from the ground up for PC to make it worthwhile, it almost guarantees that, if a game is released for another platform, it's not worthwhile to put on the PC at all.

If you want to change the system, you have to do so from the inside, or create a new system. Staying on the sidelines tells the people with the money that your opinion doesn't matter.

10. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 16:40 Darks

Do you guys remember when Crysis came out? Do you recall all the cool advanced options they gave us, they even made the game so that you could push it for future released hardware. Crytec really took it in the butt from a lot of user because they gave them tons of options, so the first things people will do when they get a nice new game is go in to the adv options and crank everything up to max.

The game was so advanced that it literally would bring many of the newer pcs to its knees. Users donít always use common sense when picking the best options that fit their system. We all want to see those awesome graphics working, but will blame the developer because users donít use common sense.

I guess the point Iím making is Crytec is damned if they do and damned if they donít. Users in general are never happy; we all like to complain too much.

9. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 16:25 mag

Darks wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 16:11:
Personally I support most all pc games when they come out because I want more to come out and keep coming out. I just donít want piracy to kill what we all claim to love so much.

I don't really like games any more. They're all so shiny and cookie-cuttery that it's a lot more fun to just complain about and make fun of them than it is to play them. Takes less time, too.

8. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 16:23 JoeNapalm

Darks, he was being sarcastic. Dozey

And when you purchase consolified games on the PC, you're doing the OPPOSITE of supporting PC games.

The only way to encourage devs to go back to true PC support is to NOT BUY games that lack true PC support.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

7. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 16:11 Darks

D4rkKnight wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 14:19:
saluk wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 13:21:
Sad, sad, sad. Crysis 2 went from a day one purchase to a day never purchase for me. And though I meant to, I never even downloaded the leak. Just didn't feel like it was even worth that.

Doesn't matter, the absence of your sale is clearly caused by piracy.

Crytek only makes perfect games, so obviously if it sells bad it is because of piracy.

I wouldn't expect Crysis 3 to hit PC at all.

Couldnít agree more with you on this one. We have had this discussion before and it always bugs me when people put down a game or make decisions blindly about a day one purchase all because of one specific feature.

I bought this game, and cranked up the graphics to their max, all I can say is what a great looking game this is. The game play is really nice too. So if youíre making a purchase decision based on one option that missing then so be it, your loose is what I say. Because this game is really good.

Personally I support most all pc games when they come out because I want more to come out and keep coming out. I just donít want piracy to kill what we all claim to love so much.

6. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 14:19 D4rkKnight

saluk wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 13:21:
Sad, sad, sad. Crysis 2 went from a day one purchase to a day never purchase for me. And though I meant to, I never even downloaded the leak. Just didn't feel like it was even worth that.

Doesn't matter, the absence of your sale is clearly caused by piracy.

Crytek only makes perfect games, so obviously if it sells bad it is because of piracy.

I wouldn't expect Crysis 3 to hit PC at all.

5. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 13:21 saluk

4. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 13:06 SpectralMeat

peteham wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 12:55:
Actually, your eyes have motion-blur too

Yes they do, and with age the motion blur gets more and more intense to the point where you don't even move and still see all blurry. The best part is there is no fancy app to shut that fucker down.

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Crysis 2 Tweak Tool Mar 25, 2011, 12:55 peteham

Actually, your eyes have motion-blur too  

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo