Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC

Randy Pitchford's Twitter Feed has several tweets relating to Duke Nukem Forever and the just-announced delay to the first-person shooter. Among other things, the Gearbox president says: "Delay was NOT planned. Very difficult and expensive for us, but the right thing for fans," calls the delay "unavoidable," and that it is: "because of time to finish some things that our predictions were wrong about. Lots of unrevealed details, still," adding: "It's finishing and polish - some of our predictions about task completion and difficulty were inaccurate." He also mentions demo plans, saying:: "We have to finish the game. Demo news will come soon - hopefully before May," also touching on hopes to release mod tools, saying Demo news as soon as we can. No tools in box - would be nice to do but we haven't planned that," and, "Currently, there are no mod tools included with the game. But we love the idea of that and have done that in the past. We'll see." He also explains why the European version is coming first: "We release ASAP, which is June 10. In North America, games have to release on Tuesday. First Tues after 10th is 14th." Finally, looking forward, he mentions DLC plans: "After DNF is finished, we'll probably want to do some DLC and then think about the future." Thanks Big Download.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 27, 2011, 01:03 Jerykk

This game sucks. You don't even get to use real weapons or fight real people. You just shoot dumb aliens and robots and other kiddy stuff. I'll stick with realistic tactical shooters like CoD.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 20:17 Rhett

I'm sure it will still come out this year, but I'd rather not deal with the douchebaggery "THIS GAME SUCKZ!!!11!11!!1! COD IS BETTER TROLOLOL" from random little kids due to minor issues. More polish from one of my most favorite devs can't hurt.

<3 Duke, forever and ever.

20. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 20:01 Flatline

entr0py wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 19:16:
Gearbox has only been working on the game for about 8 months, right? Seems terribly rushed to me. I'm sure it needs at least another 8 months to be up to snuff.

In theory they're finishing up what 3d Realms had, and aren't starting from scratch.

So you have an engine, lots of art assets that can probably be used, and at the very least a prototype and all the features mapped out. I'd say 8-9 months is doable if they're focused on getting the game finished.

19. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 19:16 entr0py

Gearbox has only been working on the game for about 8 months, right? Seems terribly rushed to me. I'm sure it needs at least another 8 months to be up to snuff.  

18. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 19:01 captawe

Who the hell could have predicted THIS game to get delayed!

Some things just come out of nowhere and you're like....wow, really?!

17. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 18:24 BicycleRepairMan

I just want to express my sincerest sympathies with all my American friends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo  

16. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 17:56 |oR|jonvall

In North America, games have to release on Tuesday. First Tues after 10th is 14th

Where the fuck does it state that shit? In the video game release by laws?

Release the fucking thing on the 7'th then......BASTARDS!

15. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 17:10 yuastnav

DangerDog wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 15:00:
[...]
There should be a video of someone like Steve Ballmer jumping around on stage saying "DLC! DLC! DLC! DLC!" instead of "Developers! Developers! Developers!..." [...]

No, that would be too awesome.

14. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 16:31 finga

DangerDog wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 15:00:
Oh please, another "we'll see" comment about mod tools from a developer.
Same thing happened with Fallout 3. Mod tools came out within days of release, I believe. Maybe the day of; I forget.

13. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 15:00 DangerDog

Elessar wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 12:06:
Wolfen wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 11:36:
No mod tools? In a engine that is highly geared towards modding? Pfft. Weak.
He said they're busy making the game. It has to exist before mods are released and he even said he likes the idea of them down the road. So they haven't ruled it out. So no need to get your panties twisted, yet.

Oh please, another "we'll see" comment about mod tools from a developer.

There should be a video of someone like Steve Ballmer jumping around on stage saying "DLC! DLC! DLC! DLC!" instead of "Developers! Developers! Developers!..." every time a game developer says they might release mod tools.

12. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 13:56 JoeNapalm

Translation:

"After 15 long years, finally, it is complete! MUHAHAHAHA-*hurk?* Wait! We forgot about DLC! Extend the deadline, Igor! We've got to carve some bits back out!"

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

11. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 12:58 Agent.X7

This is Gearbox's strategy: Keep pushing back the release by a month for the next 10 years, until they go under and someone else buys DNF and promises to finish it.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 12:23 reisub

Are they that disorganised that they don't know whether they'll release mod tools or not? OK, don't answer that.  

9. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 12:19 Verno

Some of us have been waiting over a decade for this game. I don't really give a shit if they ever release an SDK, just getting the game itself will be a coup at this point.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

8. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 12:06 DI-MeisterM

Doubt they will. Once released their sales of DLC will decrease.  

7. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 12:06 Elessar

Wolfen wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 11:36:
He said they're busy making the game. It has to exist before mods are released and he even said he likes the idea of them down the road. So they haven't ruled it out. So no need to get your panties twisted, yet.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

6. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 12:02 baltar

They will probably include mod tools as a downloadable SDK?  

5. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 12:00 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 10:55:
I think it's cool our euro brethren are getting the release first since they get shafted on so many other things(dates, prices, etc).

YAY! For once....although I doubt this will be a day 1 purchase for me. Ive waited long enough for Duke, so I can wait a little longer for some objective reviews of the game...

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 11:46 theAntiELVIS

Tueday = WalMart  

3. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 11:36 Wolfen

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo