Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RIFT Patch and Event Plans

The RIFT Website has word that a massive in-game event is coming to Trion's MMORPG beginning on March 30th involving an invasion from the Plane of Death (obviously not piloted by Sully). This will also mark the launch of a new version 1.1 patch for the MMORPG. This page has details, saying "Soon the Endless Court will launch an unprecedented mass invasion. The most terrifying servants of Regulos will lead these hordes into battle: liches, ettins, gravemakers. Alsbeth herself will march through every region of the world, raising dread champions to sow the discord for which she is named. Old enemies will rise and fight for oblivion alongside flesh-crafted colossi from the Plane of Death, until the offensive presses on toward Stillmoor."

View
11. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 26, 2011, 03:07 Trevellian

Acleacius wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 16:34:
Tried reading info first still got a few questions, if anyone has the time....

See they don't let all players talk to each other (PvE to PvE only) and (PvP to PvP only). Is that really a good idea or are these Shards you select more like a servers, so PvP only would never see PvE only?

What about Factions can they group and chat?

How are the Mage Pet classes Elementalist or Necromancer?

In PvE multiclassing, mostly wondering if it's worth the point loss and not really sure how to ask this.... Can a solo class level 50 toon max there abilities and would have extra points for a second class anyway? Or is each class not designed to be solo and you really NEED to multiclass?

Thanks Cheers

I am a level 50 Mage. I can tell you, soloing is easiest as a full on Necro with Warlock secondary. I mostly instance as Stormcaller because it's the major AOE damage dealer (Also with a bit of Warlock secondary, I'll explain why), I run Full Warlock or Dominator for PVP because they have the most stuff to fuck with other players, Warlock has stuns snares, silences, Dominator has silences, group snares, knockbacks, all kinds of annoying shit.

The reason I use Warlock as secondary for almost every mage class, is you put 5 points into Magical Affinity (Spells give you 25% more charge when cast, Charge is used to cast your big class spells), put the next 5 points into Opportunity so you get a 10% change to have 0 Cast time on your next spell (Procs quite a bit), If you're main is Necro go 3 into Neddra's Influence to increase DOT damage by a little over 20%, if you're any other class as your main go 5 into Vitality for 10% more health. Warlock is easily the most useful secondary class for all other Mage classes.

And yes you can go a full 51 points into your main class and have 15 left over to spread out. Though like with me, my Stormcaller build is This:
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvyq.xx0V0Vc.VG0xbtssdR.Vz

This maximizes AOE damage, because I have everything I need in Stormcaller, plus, I get the 5% critical chance from Elementalist, and I went deep enough into Warlock to get another 5% spell crit and 6% more spell damage.

You can really find some amazing combos if you spend some time with the soul trees.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2011, 03:15.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 25, 09:45 Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Frijoles
  2. Mar 25, 13:33  Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Trevellian
  3. Mar 25, 16:34 Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Acleacius
  4. Mar 25, 17:08  Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Proudfoot
  5. Mar 25, 18:36  Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Sepharo
>> 11. Mar 26, 03:07  Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Trevellian
  6. Mar 25, 21:35 Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Acleacius
  7. Mar 25, 23:21  Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans cento