Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

RIFT Patch and Event Plans

The RIFT Website has word that a massive in-game event is coming to Trion's MMORPG beginning on March 30th involving an invasion from the Plane of Death (obviously not piloted by Sully). This will also mark the launch of a new version 1.1 patch for the MMORPG. This page has details, saying "Soon the Endless Court will launch an unprecedented mass invasion. The most terrifying servants of Regulos will lead these hordes into battle: liches, ettins, gravemakers. Alsbeth herself will march through every region of the world, raising dread champions to sow the discord for which she is named. Old enemies will rise and fight for oblivion alongside flesh-crafted colossi from the Plane of Death, until the offensive presses on toward Stillmoor."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 27, 2011, 20:56 Acleacius

Excellent, thanks Drezden!

With any luck I should get my RAM and the game this week, will just need to decide on a server. Too bad will probably miss the event this week, since I have to reinstall the OS, bleh.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 26, 2011, 16:24 Trevellian

Acleacius wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 14:24:
This is from the review in this Fridays Reviews

RIFT: Planes of Telara on AtomicGamer
a configurable (but not moddable, at least, not for a while) user interface
Any idea what this means, aren't most/all mmog GUI moddable, does this mean the devs are specifically preventing modding of the UI?

Right now it has an interface that is configurable the same way Warhammers was (Hit Edit Interface and you can move any aspect of it and resize it with little squares around it) However it is not modable through XML like WoW is yet.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

14. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 26, 2011, 14:24 Acleacius

This is from the review in this Fridays Reviews

RIFT: Planes of Telara on AtomicGamer
a configurable (but not moddable, at least, not for a while) user interface
Any idea what this means, aren't most/all mmog GUI moddable, does this mean the devs are specifically preventing modding of the UI?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

13. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 26, 2011, 14:00 Acleacius

Thanks Drezden and hubricide!

Gratz on 50 and so many toon builds, the Stormcaller does look pretty amazing and a really great build.

GTK about the Collector's Edition and I'll read up on the Spec Swap as it sounds like this might have fixed a major issue with mmogs.

Just sent Blue a link, there was a price drop on Standard and Collector's at EB/Gamestop $10 off.

12. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 26, 2011, 07:41 zincthallinide

Acleacius wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 00:13:
What's the verdict on getting the Collector's Edition, is the Mount, Bag and Pet (fluff or buff?) worth the extra $10 or is it easy to get the gold for a mount by level 20?

Also is there a Skill Reset feature, especially since this Skill System seems to have so many choices?

I bought the CE and I think it was worth it. You can get a mount pretty easily regardless (you just need the money) but it costs around 1 p 50 g (for the type of mount you get in the CE) which at the start of the game is a lot of money. By the time you hit 15 or so though it won't be - there is no copper (money) in Rift.

The pet is total fluff.. I haven't used it. I guess it argues with itself occasionally..?

I'm not sure how many slots the bigger backpack adds but more is fine with me.

Rift supports skill resets as well as 'total spec swapping' without having to reset and retrain everything (you need to obtain the alternate classes from quests.. the quests involve rifts ). Training skills costs money and is necessary if you want them to stay useful at later levels. That said, they don't cost very much money, at least not at level 21.. but they're scaling slowly.

11. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 26, 2011, 03:07 Trevellian

Acleacius wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 16:34:
Tried reading info first still got a few questions, if anyone has the time....

See they don't let all players talk to each other (PvE to PvE only) and (PvP to PvP only). Is that really a good idea or are these Shards you select more like a servers, so PvP only would never see PvE only?

What about Factions can they group and chat?

How are the Mage Pet classes Elementalist or Necromancer?

In PvE multiclassing, mostly wondering if it's worth the point loss and not really sure how to ask this.... Can a solo class level 50 toon max there abilities and would have extra points for a second class anyway? Or is each class not designed to be solo and you really NEED to multiclass?

Thanks Cheers

I am a level 50 Mage. I can tell you, soloing is easiest as a full on Necro with Warlock secondary. I mostly instance as Stormcaller because it's the major AOE damage dealer (Also with a bit of Warlock secondary, I'll explain why), I run Full Warlock or Dominator for PVP because they have the most stuff to fuck with other players, Warlock has stuns snares, silences, Dominator has silences, group snares, knockbacks, all kinds of annoying shit.

The reason I use Warlock as secondary for almost every mage class, is you put 5 points into Magical Affinity (Spells give you 25% more charge when cast, Charge is used to cast your big class spells), put the next 5 points into Opportunity so you get a 10% change to have 0 Cast time on your next spell (Procs quite a bit), If you're main is Necro go 3 into Neddra's Influence to increase DOT damage by a little over 20%, if you're any other class as your main go 5 into Vitality for 10% more health. Warlock is easily the most useful secondary class for all other Mage classes.

And yes you can go a full 51 points into your main class and have 15 left over to spread out. Though like with me, my Stormcaller build is This:
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvyq.xx0V0Vc.VG0xbtssdR.Vz

This maximizes AOE damage, because I have everything I need in Stormcaller, plus, I get the 5% critical chance from Elementalist, and I went deep enough into Warlock to get another 5% spell crit and 6% more spell damage.

You can really find some amazing combos if you spend some time with the soul trees.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2011, 03:15.

For the Republic

10. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 26, 2011, 01:00 JohnBirshire

Might have well have called this game GO, Generic Online.

9. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 26, 2011, 00:13 Acleacius

Thanks cento and hubricide!

Great news about grouping, Widgetting and servers, though sounds like I'll be going medium to low population.

What's the verdict on getting the Collector's Edition, is the Mount, Bag and Pet (fluff or buff?) worth the extra $10 or is it easy to get the gold for a mount by level 20?

Also is there a Skill Reset feature, especially since this Skill System seems to have so many choices?

8. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 25, 2011, 23:22 zincthallinide

I'm enjoying an elementalist/dominator for pet, dd, cc/enemy annoyance excitement.

I'm on one of the biggest non-full-pvp servers and while there is some widget crowding, it's actually been very light considering the number of people. You can also group and share widgeting.

That said, the game will give you a list of all the servers and their basic business when you make a character.

7. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 25, 2011, 23:21 cento

Acleacius wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 21:35:
What's the server situation, is it possible to find a low to medium population or is there an official Blue Sever? It really kills the fun when 20 people are trying to get THE widgets, from 5 nodes that only spawn every 10 minutes.

They keep updating to make quests more group friendly. And since grouping is so quick and painless...

Seriously, I am one of those players that mostly solos even in MMOs, but as long as you are flagged for public grouping, it is a swift motion to join any group in progress, all share credit for whatever quest mob you are all trying to kill, and then immediately part company, all seamlessly.

6. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 25, 2011, 21:35 Acleacius

Thanks Proudfoot and Sepharo!

GTK about the points, if 30 or so is enough to flesh out a toon, then it definably sounds at least 2 classes are viable, thanks!

I had read on the new Rift Wiki (Blue linked it on this evenings etc., etc.) that PvE and PvP couldn't speak to each other. Maybe it was beta or my misunderstanding. Also made it sound like Shards could be severs you pick, as well as factions but thanks for clearing it up.

Wow, great news about the Necro and what little info available about the Warlock, looked like a sweet combo with even more debuffs. The Chloromancer also looked pretty good but now will have to look closer at the Dominator, thanks!

What's the server situation, is it possible to find a low to medium population or is there an official Blue Sever? It really kills the fun when 20 people are trying to get THE widgets, from 5 nodes that only spawn every 10 minutes.

5. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 25, 2011, 18:36 Sepharo

Acleacius wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 16:34:
See they don't let all players talk to each other (PvE to PvE only) and (PvP to PvP only). Is that really a good idea or are these Shards you select more like a servers, so PvP only would never see PvE only? What about Factions can they group and chat?

Your wording is a bit strange here and I'm not sure what you're asking but I'll try to answer anyway...

There are PvE servers and there are PvP servers. In game there are two factions, Guardians and Defiants. All whisper/tell, channel chat, etc is faction only but yell and say chat "bubbles" are displayed for everyone to see and are intelligible to all, so you can talk a little smack over dead bodies or "truce! we're both questing here let's leave each other alone".

I'm a Necro(35),Warlock(16),Dom(16)

Necro's are amazing PvE solo'ers. We get three variety of pets which can be summarized Rogue(DPS), Warrior(Tank), Mage(ranged DPS). Early on in the game using the tank pet is good but soon you'll have Soul Purge which is a channeling spell (using charge instead of mana) that dmgs and heals both your pet and you simultaneously. Soul Purge essentially makes it so that I don't need to use health or mana potions in 1v1 and 1v2 PvE situations and mobs even 2-3 levels higher die faster than they can do serious harm.

The Necro is essentially all DOTs and those DOTs interact with your pet's attacks, increasing the dmg, increasing or reducing aggro, and causing slow, etc.

4. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 25, 2011, 17:08 Proudfoot

In PvE multiclassing, mostly wondering if it's worth the point loss and not really sure how to ask this.... Can a solo class level 50 toon max there abilities and would have extra points for a second class anyway? Or is each class not designed to be solo and you really NEED to multiclass?

You can put 51 talent points into a single tree (although most only need 30 or so). You will have 66 points total at level 50.

3. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 25, 2011, 16:34 Acleacius

Tried reading info first still got a few questions, if anyone has the time....

See they don't let all players talk to each other (PvE to PvE only) and (PvP to PvP only). Is that really a good idea or are these Shards you select more like a servers, so PvP only would never see PvE only?

What about Factions can they group and chat?

Thanks Cheers

2. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 25, 2011, 13:33 Trevellian

Frijoles wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 09:45:
Interesting way of keeping people from leaving after the first month (if they were thinking about it). I may or may not leave, not sure. I'm already in WoW and EVE, so I don't have much time for Rift, even though I do enjoy it.

They had this planned before release. In podcast interviews they said they would release a second 20man Dungeon about a month after release. This is just the event adding Hammerknell into the game.

For the Republic

1. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 25, 2011, 09:45 Frijoles

Interesting way of keeping people from leaving after the first month (if they were thinking about it). I may or may not leave, not sure. I'm already in WoW and EVE, so I don't have much time for Rift, even though I do enjoy it.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo