Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: etc., etc. Mar 25, 2011, 04:38 jimnms

I've never heard of this mod until today. Now I want to try it.  

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: etc., etc. Mar 25, 2011, 03:43 Prez

Below is my response on the moddb forums. I've been a member there for a LONG time.

I've been a member here a long time, and all I have to say is this:

The above is an absolutely bullshit excuse for an absolutely bullshit move. So it's okay to host mods for the GTA series, a game in which the player can bludgeon innocent people to death for laughs, but not this? Gee -- hypocrite much?

I love moddb, and have been a huge supporter of you guys for years, as well as a cheerleader for many, many mods and modders, but this is the first time that I have EVER been ashamed to be associated with this site in any way shape or form. The way you caved here is absolutely abhorrent and frankly far less than I expected from such an established and well-run organization. Color me extremely disenfranchised; you guys have lost all credibility with me for this.

Whether or not this was a "troll mod", as some have asserted, is irrelevant. They have now set a precedent for caving to political correctness pressure. What a slippery slope they've just set themselves upon. Terribly disappointing - I expected better from them.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 25, 2011, 02:39 Sepharo

Booo ModDB.

There was huge community and indie dev protest when a similar issue arose concerning Super Columbine Massacre RPG. Admittedly I know nothing of this particular game beyond the news blurb here but I'm always against "caving" to such "moral" pressure.

2. Re: School Shooter Mar 24, 2011, 23:41 skyguy

The Pope was a Hitler Youth.

1. Re: School Shooter Mar 24, 2011, 21:27 theAntiELVIS

Make the students Nazis and no one will care  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo