Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Tanks Preorders

Wargaming.net announces they are now accepting preorders for World of Tanks, their upcoming MMO third-person shooter, which is currently in beta. They offer three different preorder packages, and those who buy any of the three between now and April 12 will receive a unique tank as well as a limited-time offer to purchase the game's gold at about a 10% discount. European preorders are being accepted on this page and North Americans can preorder on this page. Here are some new screenshots, and here are the three different preorder levels:

• Heavy Package: 25,000 gold and the unique American tank M6A2E1 just for $90 (American), 75 and 63 (European)
  • Medium Package: 18,700 gold and the unique German tank Pz. Kpfw. V/IV just for $67 (American), 56 and 47 (European)
  • Light Package: 12,500 gold and the unique Soviet tank A-32 just for $45 (American), 38 and 32 (European)

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer Mar 25, 2011, 09:54 SpectralMeat

Snozzle wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 09:51:
you're never gonna get a great tank that owns everyone else. That's not the point of the game at all.

But then how will Johnny Smalldick play this game? No ruxorz tankz that ownz yor azz? Dis game suxorz.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer Mar 25, 2011, 09:51 Snozzle

InBlack wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 05:07:
Sure if you want the BIGGEST BADDEST TANK RIGHT NOW!!!! Then I guess its a grind, until you realise that when you drive the biggest baddest tank, everyone else has a pretty big bad ass tank and can kick your ass accordingly and suddenly you realise its not about who has the biggest baddest tank its about skill and teamplay.

Amen!

I still have as much fun playing with my M2 as with the "better" tanks I got later. Since you're matched with othwer tanks around your same level, you're never gonna get a great tank that owns everyone else. That's not the point of the game at all. The point is to use what you have and win with tactics and teamwork.

15. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 25, 2011, 09:20 InBlack

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 08:39:
Why is it every Russian game company immediately tries to rip off the players. This game still has issues, the Russian tanks are way over powered.

Oh and this game is most definitely pay to win which is an immediate avoid IMO.

Nice troll attempt. All the premium tanks are weaker than their respective tiered normal tanks. German T7 and higher tanks are slightly inferior to ther russian and US tanks right now, but the devs are aware of the issue and will be fixing it in the next patch. I play German tanks and still manage to have fun, regardless.

Like I said before, this is not an MMO in the true sense of the word. The game requires skill and no ammount of real money or gold will enable someone who is skilless to pwn in this game.

Gold and premium tanks are primarily used to accelerate progress through the tech trees. All the regular tanks can be reached without spending a single cent.

I have a nifty blue line!

14. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 25, 2011, 08:39 Ozmodan

Why is it every Russian game company immediately tries to rip off the players. This game still has issues, the Russian tanks are way over powered.

Oh and this game is most definitely pay to win which is an immediate avoid IMO.

13. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 25, 2011, 05:07 InBlack

I play with all of my tanks. ALL Of them are useful although I prefer the playstyle of some vs others. I have fun with light tanks, mediums, heavies and arty. Havent tried any TDs yet, but their campy playstyle doesnt appeal to me.

And about the grind lol. Sure if you want the BIGGEST BADDEST TANK RIGHT NOW!!!! Then I guess its a grind, until you realise that when you drive the biggest baddest tank, everyone else has a pretty big bad ass tank and can kick your ass accordingly and suddenly you realise its not about who has the biggest baddest tank its about skill and teamplay.

12. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 24, 2011, 19:17 badasscat

Grind or not,...I like it...

Every once and while you get a one shot death,...it happens in EVERY game I've ever played.

Most of the time though,...the SPGs eat them big ass tanks..

Now them little guys that take multiple hits,....getting in the backfield,...well...those are like trying to kill mice with a wiffle ball bat sometimes...

But it's fun....because I do not feel like I have to play it all the time....unlike some on here.

11. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 24, 2011, 18:39 Yifes

Mad Jackson wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 18:06:
Killing 10 rats to go up a level so you can kill 10 bigger rats is a grind. Playing a fun team deathmatch game that happens to give you xp that can later be used to upgrade vehicles and equipment is not a grind.

WOT is even more grindy than grinding battlegrounds in WOW so you can earn enough honor to upgrade your PVP equipment. And WOW battlegrounds had much more variety in terms of map objectives and character classes/ability.

If WOT was less repetitive (such as including more than 1 game mode), or had better matchmaking (About 1 in 10 games, I was matched against other light tanks in my A20), it would be actually enjoyable.

As it stands right now, WOT suffers from some of the worst aspects of a MMO (the repetitive PVP grind and the exponentially increasing XP requirements, tank costs, and maintenance costs, pay real money for an in-game advantage), while offering none of the benefits of a truly massively multiplayer experience.

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2011, 18:57.

10. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 24, 2011, 18:06 Mad Jackson

More room for us who enjoy playing WoT I guess, Yifes. Have fun in the other games! Hope you're not paying for any of them.

Not been using my beta gold for my trying out a different nationality's set, and don't feel like it's a grind. Games in themselves are just plain fun.

Killing 10 rats to go up a level so you can kill 10 bigger rats is a grind. Playing a fun team deathmatch game that happens to give you xp that can later be used to upgrade vehicles and equipment is not a grind.

Finally, while the matchmaking system does need work, I can say that for every match I was an A-10 going up vs. KV-3's, I had a different match where I was an A-10 going up vs. BT-2's. I think they just need to narrow up the range they allow in the same matches, so that they're selecting vehicles all within 2 tiers rather than 4 or so...

-MJ

9. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 24, 2011, 17:19 Kxmode

Yifes wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 17:00:
bawaga wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 12:24:
Awesome game. My guild has been hooked on it since closed beta. Got my heavy pre-order today. That's 10 months of premium play @ $9/month. One of the cheapest mmos on the market if you ask me.

A matchmaking service for 15 on 15 TDM is not a MMO. Unless you're trying to tell me that games like Modern Warfare and Battlefield BC2 are now MMOS.

It's interesting you say that because on Oct 25, 2010 bawaga wrote: "Hi Rez is an crappy company that considers 10 vs 10 a mmo. What a joke." I guess if versus mode allows for 10 more people then it's a MMO.

8. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 24, 2011, 17:00 Yifes

bawaga wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 12:24:
Awesome game. My guild has been hooked on it since closed beta. Got my heavy pre-order today. That's 10 months of premium play @ $9/month. One of the cheapest mmos on the market if you ask me.

A matchmaking service for 15 on 15 TDM is not a MMO. Unless you're trying to tell me that games like Modern Warfare and Battlefield BC2 are now MMOS.

7. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 24, 2011, 16:46 Kxmode

Steven Seagal does a World of Tanks commercial:

"I'm known for using my hands, and feet, to get the job done. But when that's not enough it's nice to know there's always a Tank! M-6-A-2-E-1. That's American for me kicking your ass! Play WORLD OF TANKS today!"

6. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 24, 2011, 16:40 Yifes

Mead wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 15:30:
Some people just gonna complain, I guess. Subscription? How dare they! Free game with micropayments? How dare they! Apparently anything less than having someone else bump you to max everything after 15 seconds of gameplay is totally unfair.

You should try ProgressQuest. Or, and I know this is a crazy concept... you could just not play this game if you're more worried about keeping up than having fun.

So, explain to me how fun it is to get one shotted by KV3s in your A20 over and over again? Or sit there and do recon for the entire match? And bump you to max after 15 seconds? How many 15 seconds do you think it'll take you to get to that IS-7 if you don't pay for the premium account? This is just like any MMO grind, but more repetitive.

Point is, the game is a horrible grind if you play it free, and if you do pay for it, there are better games out there than what is essentially team deathmatch with a capture mechanic on a dozen or so maps. Seriously, you have all these wonderful historic tanks, and the best thing you can come up with for them to do is to go capture a friggin tree?

I am way more concerned about having fun, which is exactly why I'll be avoiding this repetitive grindfest.

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2011, 17:06.

5. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 24, 2011, 15:30 Mead

Some people just gonna complain, I guess. Subscription? How dare they! Free game with micropayments? How dare they! Apparently anything less than having someone else bump you to max everything after 15 seconds of gameplay is totally unfair.

You should try ProgressQuest. Or, and I know this is a crazy concept... you could just not play this game if you're more worried about keeping up than having fun.

4. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 24, 2011, 12:50 Yifes

Dude the game is free to play. If you dont want to pre-order you dont have to.

If you don't pay you'll spend forever trying to grind to something decent.

3. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 24, 2011, 12:24 bawaga

2. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 24, 2011, 11:51 InBlack

Dude the game is free to play. If you dont want to pre-order you dont have to.  

1. Re: World of Tanks Preorders Mar 24, 2011, 11:46 Akuinnen

Wow...

It's an alright game, but I'm not willing to fork over that much for it.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo