Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Good news everyone! ComicMix has a clip revealing that Futurama is renewed for another season (thanks Ant). The video, by voice actor Maurice LaMarche, also reveals we missed two special occasions on Sunday, as besides the first day of spring, it was William Shatner's 80th birthday, which also marked the 3rd Annual International Talk Like William Shatner Day. Better late than never, I plan on talking like Shat all day. I think I will also put the moves on any green alien chicks I encounter.

Shat Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Charlie Sheen: Warlock Vatican Assassin.
Particle Wars Extreme.
Bud.
Link: The 15 Most Unintentionally Hilarious Bootleg Toys.
Stories: The 50 Greatest Gaming Gopher Memes.
Bungling cops raid wrong home... for 41st time. Thanks Neatorama.
Steven Seagal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank. Thanks Neatorama.
Science: Robonaut 2 Joins The ISS Crew.
New Estimate for Alien Earths- 2 Billion in Our Galaxy Alone.
Emotional Power Broker of the Modern Family. Thanks j.c.f.
The Avengers Family Tree.
Photoshopped Movie Posters from Good Movies.
Media: Captain America- The First Avenger - Official Trailer (2011). Thanks nin and Neutronbeam.
SWAT Team FAIL.
Gas Pump FAIL.
Auction: Red Cross Japan Relief: Blizzard Employee Auctions WETA Wolfrider Statue.
The Funnies: Dilbert.
Brevity.
Follow-up: Protein found in brain cells may be key to autism.
Cinema chains fight federal nutrition disclosure rules. Thanks Boing Boing.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2011, 01:44 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 00:13:
Blue wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 18:56:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 17:04:
People dont seem to mind paying $8 for a 20cent bucket of popcorn, so not sure what the theaters are so afraid of.

I can't dig it up now, but there was an article I saw recently that I thought I posted a link to here that explained just how bad the popcorn sold in most theaters is. Most of it is popped in oil high in saturated fat, and thus even when un-"buttered" has incredibly high levels of calories, cholesterol, and sodium. Considering how most of it is stale and awful-tasting to start with, I think they have good reason to be concerned that sales of it would dip if people found out just how unhealthy it is.

Had a friend years ago that managed a big theater, and said it costs his company 1 cent to fill the largest pop they have....

I wouldn't be surprised. Coke syrup is extremely cheap and they can pack an awful lot of ice in those big cups.

And I always figured there was enough salt in the popcorn to last me a life time. A few handfuls and my lips feel like they've shriveled up into little strips of beef jerky.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2011, 00:13 xXBatmanXx

Blue wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 18:56:
People dont seem to mind paying $8 for a 20cent bucket of popcorn, so not sure what the theaters are so afraid of.

I can't dig it up now, but there was an article I saw recently that I thought I posted a link to here that explained just how bad the popcorn sold in most theaters is. Most of it is popped in oil high in saturated fat, and thus even when un-"buttered" has incredibly high levels of calories, cholesterol, and sodium. Considering how most of it is stale and awful-tasting to start with, I think they have good reason to be concerned that sales of it would dip if people found out just how unhealthy it is.

Had a friend years ago that managed a big theater, and said it costs his company 1 cent to fill the largest pop they have....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2011, 18:56  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

12. Re: Gaming Gopher Mar 24, 2011, 17:11 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 15:29:
kxmode wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 15:07:
PHJF wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 12:34:
Hey we all do stupid shit when we're high as a fucking kite on cocaine.

You know who else does cocaine? Doctor Rockso, the rock and roll clown. Clown

Metalocalypse FTW!

C-C-C-C-C- you know the rest...

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2011, 17:04 Pigeon

10. Re: Gaming Gopher Mar 24, 2011, 15:29 Cutter

kxmode wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 15:07:

Metalocalypse FTW!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Gaming Gopher Mar 24, 2011, 15:07 Kxmode

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2011, 13:41 Cutter

RoboNerd wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 11:38:
Steven Segal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank
I love how we are never shown the "tank" which I would bet was an APC. Also love how all we get are people who want to dis Sheriff Joe and Steven Segal - both great Americans just looking to save "Little Jerry".

P.S. - Steven Segal should now do an ad for World of Tanks.

I'm hoping that's sarcasm because those 2 pricks are some of the biggest douchebags to ever grace the planet, much less America.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2011, 12:38 Kxmode

Steven Seagal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank.

THERE'S THE SEQUEL TO THE 80'S FILM: TANK!

6. Re: Gaming Gopher Mar 24, 2011, 12:34 PHJF

amiright?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Gaming Gopher Mar 24, 2011, 12:02 InBlack

A friend of mine met Steven Seagal at a party in Berlin a few years ago.

Actually he met him at an antique store where he and his wife were browsing and guess who walks through the door...

My friend wanted to buy an item that Seagal was interested in and out of respect he let Seagal take it (he had first bids) In return Seagal invitied him and his wife to this party he was hosting.

In any case to make the long story short, at the party Seagal was high-as-a-kite on coke and started hitting on my friends wife. One of his bodyguards (He had 5 or 6 of them lol) in a gesture of goodwill told him to take his pretty wife home as soon as possible before things turn bad...so thats what he did.

Nice guy Steven my ass...

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Gaming Gopher Mar 24, 2011, 11:51 Ratty

Wow, I think I've done every single thing on that 50-item list. Habitually.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2011, 11:38 RoboNerd

Steven Segal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank
I love how we are never shown the "tank" which I would bet was an APC. Also love how all we get are people who want to dis Sheriff Joe and Steven Segal - both great Americans just looking to save "Little Jerry".

P.S. - Steven Segal should now do an ad for World of Tanks.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2011, 10:41 InBlack

Blue, World of Tanks is now accepting pre-orders for the game. For those that want to pay for this F2P game.

http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/general_news/

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2011, 09:30 xXBatmanXx

Steven Seagal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank.

Go big or go home....we have all of these cool toys - have to use em.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo