Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Starpoint Gemini Demo

Iceberg Interactive now offers a playable demo for Starpoint Gemini, LGM Games' space-based tactical RPG. Word is: "The Starpoint Gemini demo includes the introduction, tutorial mission and first two campaign missions. On top of this, players can free roam two of the sectors and step aboard a selection of the ships that will be available in the full game." They offer a list of mirrors carrying the demo, and the following description of the game:

Starpoint Gemini is a tactical space RPG, in which players are free to travel the rich sci-fi universe and fight, trade and research as they go. Ships can be upgraded with state-of-the-art technology and players can increase their own experience and rank to become more powerful. All of this will be used in large scale battles with other fleets of hostile ships, the outcome of which will shape the fate of Gemini.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Starpoint Gemini Demo Mar 24, 2011, 13:55 Hlo

DLed the demo. So far so great! Really pleasantly surprised with the visuals. Didn't expect them to be this good seeing its and indie and all. Sound is also good, combat is great. I'm hooked.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Starpoint Gemini Demo Mar 23, 2011, 14:37 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm waiting for them to fix more of the remaining issues with the game. It has a lot of potential, but still needs quite a bit of work to live up to it. Things like being able to see the details of the ships that you can buy, such as how many and what types of hardpoints they have, or better abilities to get pricing information from stations within a system without having to go to them. I'd like to see combat get slowed down a bit too. There's a mod to increase shield strengths all around, but I think it needs more fine-tuning than just that. Combat just isn't terribly tactical right now. You don't really have much time to do more than just blast away at a couple components of a ship.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: Starpoint Gemini Demo Mar 23, 2011, 13:26 gilly775

I'll have to check this out. I've been looking for a game like Elite and so far Evochron Mercenary is close, but still a ways away.  

2. Re: Starpoint Gemini Demo Mar 23, 2011, 11:57 JoeNapalm

Yeah, I'll have to find time to take a look, too...

Always jonesing for something Traveller-esque.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

1. Re: Starpoint Gemini Demo Mar 23, 2011, 11:35 Creston

Cool, I'll give it a go. I love free roaming space games.

Creston

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo