Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2011, 13:41 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 22:13:
So, I know you guys all talked about it for a long time, but I am finally playing through Just Cause 2. After 7 hours, I am still in the beginning area taking over all towns, etc. I have the first little portion almost all completed. Damn this game is a hell of a lot harder than the first one. I have it at the highest setting and holy hell.....

But, I must say I am having a blast with the attaching stuff and the different weapons....there is so much stuff to do in this damn game! Anyway. Glad I am finally getting around to it.

Yeah, we told you so.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2011, 00:25 jimnms

Creston wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 18:39:
jimnms wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 17:07:
I'm going to update my systems to Firefox 4 today. I played with the last beta and RC from portableaps.com so that it didn't interfere with my Firefox 3.6.xx. There were two extensions that didn't work right, but one has been fixed, the other I can live without for a while.

For those of you that upgraded already, did you just install over 3.6 or remove 3.6 first? I was thinking of removing 3.6 first to get a clean start.

I upgraded. Worked like a charm.

Then at work I decided to see if it'd make a difference if I didn't upgrade but do a clean install, and it's exactly the same. So just go and upgrade.

Creston
I ended up doing a clean install. I tried the upgrade first by clicking about/check for updates. It downloaded 15MB, which I thought was weird since the stand alone installer is 12MB. It worked fine, but there was some leftover stuff from previous versions and add-ons. I was poking around in about:config and found settings left over from Xmarks, which I haven't used since they came out with Weave (Sync). It seems like when you remove an add-on it should delete its settings. After I discovered that I just decided to get it over with and start clean.

My netebook didn't have any or as much extra junk since Firefox had been more recently installed. I think I did a clean install starting with 3.6.x, where my desktop system I have upgrade starting from 3.0.x. I upgraded the netbook using the downloaded installer, but something went wrong. After it was done, I didn't have the new menu button or the old menu toolbar. I right clicked on the toolbar, and menu bar and navigation toolbar were selected. I tried turning it off and back on, but that didn't work. So it was another uninstall and re-install.

Steam Profile

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 22:53 xXBatmanXx

PHJF wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 22:50:
Just Cause 2 method of solving any problem:

Step 1: Hijack helicopter

Step 2: Kill/Destroy everything

Don't bother trying to capture every village/base/whatever. Just worry about capturing key military installations (like airports or places with helipads). You'll burn yourself out easily if you go for 100%. The game world is fucking humongous.

I do that, but they come after you with choppers way quicker than the other one....I usually destroy everything quick witi chopper, leave, then come back with less heat and ground it and take over..the mountain resorts are pretty friggen cool....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 22:50 PHJF

Just Cause 2 method of solving any problem:

Step 1: Hijack helicopter

Step 2: Kill/Destroy everything

Don't bother trying to capture every village/base/whatever. Just worry about capturing key military installations (like airports or places with helipads). You'll burn yourself out easily if you go for 100%. The game world is fucking humongous.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 22:15 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 11:01:
InBlack wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 10:59:
Vice city was the best of the lot in my opinion too....

It's still my favorite, due to the music and it being basically Scarface, but 4 comes a close second - I know I'm in the minority when I say that, but I'm still replaying 4, years later.

I still play all of them. I sometimes forget how crappy they look when I throw the ps2 games in the ps3, but damn are they fun.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 22:13 xXBatmanXx

So, I know you guys all talked about it for a long time, but I am finally playing through Just Cause 2. After 7 hours, I am still in the beginning area taking over all towns, etc. I have the first little portion almost all completed. Damn this game is a hell of a lot harder than the first one. I have it at the highest setting and holy hell.....

But, I must say I am having a blast with the attaching stuff and the different weapons....there is so much stuff to do in this damn game! Anyway. Glad I am finally getting around to it.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 21:41 Kxmode

My Great Grandma's custard is kick butt!

2 1/2 cups milk
4 eggs
1/8 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

1. Scald milk
2. Preheat 400 degrees
3. Add vanilla, sugar, and eggs together
4. Pour the scalded milk into container with vanilla, sugar, eggs and beat together until egg yolks are dissolved.
5. Pour into 8 x 8 inch oven safe dish
6. Bake 30 minutes
7. Wait 2 minutes until serving

Yum!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 20:45 Hoop

I thought dick pukem was suposed to be out by now?
Do Pitchford & crew really want to go up against Portal 2 with a property from 2001?

Um .. Behind you...

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 18:39 Creston

jimnms wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 17:07:
I'm going to update my systems to Firefox 4 today. I played with the last beta and RC from portableaps.com so that it didn't interfere with my Firefox 3.6.xx. There were two extensions that didn't work right, but one has been fixed, the other I can live without for a while.

For those of you that upgraded already, did you just install over 3.6 or remove 3.6 first? I was thinking of removing 3.6 first to get a clean start.

I upgraded. Worked like a charm.

Then at work I decided to see if it'd make a difference if I didn't upgrade but do a clean install, and it's exactly the same. So just go and upgrade.

Creston

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 17:07 jimnms

Steam Profile

16. Elizabeth Taylor Mar 23, 2011, 16:52 Ahumado

Not much to say except whata set of jugs she had  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 15:45 Steele Johnson

InBlack wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 10:21:
Elisabeth Taylor and Richard Burton were my all time favorite screen pair. May they R.I.P. in the minds of those who remember them...

She was gorgeous, sexy goddess in her prime. R.I.P.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 15:18 PHJF

I can live with the other changes, but my status bar is definitely getting status-4-evard.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 15:10 Cutter

badasscat wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 12:59:
Elisabeth Taylor and Richard Burton were my all time favorite screen pair. May they R.I.P. in the minds of those who remember them...
Gonna watch Virginia Wolf later.....she looked haggard in that,..but she was really only 31.

Fine Fine actress,....and a babe to boot.

That's one of my all time favourite films and the best thing they ever did together. She was a majour talent and insanely beautiful. Loved her work.

And in other news it's a freakin blizzard up here! Man, all the snow was gone. Thought that was it and BAM woke up to a foot of snow and it's still dumping out! That rodent must die!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 14:03 Beamer

It honestly makes more sense to have them on top to me, actually. It flows better, as everything below the tabs change when a tab changes, rather than some above and some below. Feels more like a physical document.

Just takes an hour or so to adjust to.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 13:52 Ray Ban

Options -> Tabs on Top

Unless you're running it on a tiny display, why sacrifice peace of mind for a few pixel lines?

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 13:33 Beamer

Oh god, tabs on top of the navigation bar are giving me a headache. Even when I'm reading a page, just having that in my peripheral vision is giving me a migraine. It's as if when I'm not looking directly at it my brain can perceive the change but assumes its wrong and tries to rectify this, resulting in a bit of a headache.

This'll take some getting used to, and I can probably move it but may as well trust their designers.

-------------

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 13:15 Beamer

I brought my home PC to IE9 earlier today and will put my work PC on FF4 right now.

It'll be fun to see which one I stick with and to compare them to each other and Chrome.

-------------

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 12:59 badasscat

Gonna watch Virginia Wolf later.....she looked haggard in that,..but she was really only 31.

Fine Fine actress,....and a babe to boot.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 11:53 Ratty

PHJF wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 09:54:
Must... adapt... to... Firefox 4!1111
No kidding. Just installed it on my brand spanking new Windows 7 system. I'm trying to suppress my natural urge to hate and fear anything new or different. My first instinct is to go out and grab all the addons that make Firefox "classic."

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo