Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Firefox 4 Mar 23, 2011, 13:43 Verno

nin wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 10:59:
So is there a standard (IE non custom compile) 64 bit version of FF 4? I haven't been following them in awhile, but I thought that's when they were going to make the jump?

Thanks!

It got put off for standardized release until FF5 but the 64bit build continues to be worked in the nightlies.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 23, 2011, 11:41 Creston

Thanks for the heads up about Status-4-evar.

Creston

5. Re: Firefox 4 Mar 23, 2011, 10:59 nin

So is there a standard (IE non custom compile) 64 bit version of FF 4? I haven't been following them in awhile, but I thought that's when they were going to make the jump?

Thanks!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Firefox 4 Mar 23, 2011, 02:08 zirik

mag wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 23:30:
The Status-4-Evar extension will give you your bar back. Been using it on the betas since they took it away.

thank you for that plugin info! the new overlay drove me nuts. if the link is too close to the bottom left of the window the overlay pops up on the bottom right side. it doesnt seem like they thought much about ease of use when they implemented the overlay feature.

3. Re: Firefox 4 Mar 22, 2011, 23:30 mag

The Status-4-Evar extension will give you your bar back. Been using it on the betas since they took it away.

If you can believe it, they weren't even doing the overlay before. They had the url appearing *in the right half of the address bar*. Which meant that you usually couldn't see the vast majority of the address. Hooraaaay phishing.

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 22, 2011, 23:05 Verno

There's a few different extensions to put in the URL bar like they had it in beta. I don't know why they did that, most of the feedback in beta about it was good. Status-4-evar was one of them IIRC. They hid all of the tabbed expose stuff from the user too which is a bit puzzling as its a major new feature (Hit control+shift+e to see it). I guess it was deemed not ready for primetime use yet but it works just fine for me.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

1. Firefox 4 Mar 22, 2011, 22:38 Creston

Definitely a TON faster than 3.6.4, which feels like molasses in comparison.

Not compatible with NASA Night Launch (Boooo!) and I really don't like the link overlay in the bottom left. I understand why they did it (more browsing space), but with its own little bar, it's unobtrusive. Now it's a jarring interruption every time you mouse over something. Ugh.

Creston

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo