Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2

As Crytek tweets, today is the launch day in North America for Crysis 2, their CryENGINE 3-powered first-person shooter sequel. To celebrate, they've released a Crysis 2 launch trailer featuring a rendition of New York, New York by Bobby Ray Simmons, Jr. aka B.o.B. For those interested in sampling the game, a multiplayer Crysis 2 demo was released at the beginning of this month. The trailer is embedded below.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

47. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Apr 23, 2011, 08:51 Eldaron Imotholin

[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 23, 2011, 03:15:
Crysis 2 is the worst type of console ported garbage. Don't play it unless they pay you and then it better be alot. GARBAGE

That's an absolutely insane exaggerated statement.

If it was indeed "the worst type of console ported garbage", then wouldn't the graphics be crap especially compared to the horrible performance? Wouldn't the game, I don't know... crash every now and then? Wouldn't the HUD tutorials address keys with a square, a cross, a circle, a triangle, etc?

You're talking out of your ass so bad you're spitting shit as you speak.

I often have respect for other people's opinions, but this type of ranting is nothing but garbage. GARBAGE

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Apr 23, 2011, 03:15 [VG]Reagle

Crysis 2 is the worst type of console ported garbage. Don't play it unless they pay you and then it better be alot. GARBAGE  

I am MUCH MUCH better now.

45. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Apr 3, 2011, 16:53 Eldaron Imotholin

Don't think CoD kinda scripted though, Ant. I hate that stuff with a passion and I loved this game with a passion. I guess that ought to mean something.

I mean scripted as in... at some point you're being knocked out of a window and drop down 2 stories. When the alien that threw you out stands at your feet, a giant building in the background collapses and causes a train to derail and flatten the alien before it pulled the trigger. It's really cool.

This game takes you on a very nice ride. I wouldn't wanna miss out on it.

44. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Apr 3, 2011, 14:06 Ant

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Apr 3, 2011, 13:58:
Ant wrote on Apr 3, 2011, 13:24:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Apr 3, 2011, 12:59:
Finished Crysis 2 today.

What a great FPS! It was real fun and long, for a change. Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 got me sated for awhile.
So, it's better than Far Cry 1 and Crysis 1?

Definitely. There were points is this game where I was in pure awe. The graphics are great, there are many impressive albeit scripted scenes and the combat feels satisfying indeed. I truly loved this FPS.
Scripted?!?! Ugh, linear gameplays suck. I liked Far Cry 1 and Crysis 1 for being able to go almost anywhere (still have to finish the required goals).

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

43. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Apr 3, 2011, 13:58 Eldaron Imotholin

Ant wrote on Apr 3, 2011, 13:24:
Finished Crysis 2 today.

What a great FPS! It was real fun and long, for a change. Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 got me sated for awhile.

Definitely. There were points is this game where I was in pure awe. The graphics are great, there are many impressive albeit scripted scenes and the combat feels satisfying indeed. I truly loved this FPS.

42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Apr 3, 2011, 13:24 Ant

Finished Crysis 2 today.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

41. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Apr 3, 2011, 12:59 Eldaron Imotholin

Finished Crysis 2 today.

40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Apr 1, 2011, 12:57 durandal

I'm about 3 hours into the single player campaign.
So far the main plot and the storytelling sucks real hard...

It feels as if I'm forced to watch some epic trilogy from the second or the last part, even though I beat the first Crysis game and its expansion several times.

All characters acts as if they've known you for a long time (even though they just met you.) and order/beg/ask you to get to location A or acquire item B without much explanation( and your character just do as they ask without even saying a word). Sorry guys. I just can't care.

I can't believe how the writer could rant about MW2 "nonsensical" and make this crap.

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2011, 13:09.

39. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 23, 2011, 19:22 Agent.X7

Currently Crysis 2 multiplayer on the PC is broken. Servers will not launch games. Crytech is mute on the subject.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 23, 2011, 17:54 Krovven

Far Cry 2 combat was awesome...the repetitive missions (and traveling required) sucked, and I never bothered to finish the game because of it.

The constant checkpoints didnt bother me much as I just drove right through most of them anyways.

37. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 23, 2011, 14:26 Verno

Far Cry 2 was fantastic but the spawning mechanic really marred the experience unfortunately  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

36. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 23, 2011, 12:43 ^Drag0n^

Ant wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 11:44:
So is PC/Windows port any good? I didn't get to try its multiplayer beta. I enjoyed Crysis 1 (still need to resume and finish it) and Far Cry 1 (didn't play 2).

FarCry 2 was kinda awesome, IMO.

Some people didn't like it because it was very much an open world where you could pretty much go anywhere, anytime. Me, I like that. Just like FO:3 and FO:NV. If I remember right, the devs had nothing to do with Crytek--I think it was Ubi Montreal that did it.

I think of it as a real sleeper that didn't get enough respect because it popped out the same time as CoD:MW (first one).

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 23, 2011, 12:37 ^Drag0n^

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 18:58:
I'm not pissed at him or anything and I love the game, I just had to comment on that because I thought it was silly and shows he has a rather large head. It strikes me as similar to his whole "3 million copies is not enough I want to make blockbusters" thing... the man wants to be a star, and I find that kind of thing self-absorbed and annoying.

I hear you...but, to be honest, in his shoes I'd probably want all that for my games, too...

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 23, 2011, 11:54 SpectralMeat

Ray Marden wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 19:23:
But once I got out of that, it has opened up quite a bit. I want to tweak the FoV, but it's generally an improvement how they have streamlined the various abilities to work real time rather than having to be selected one by one.

Obviously, the game looks utterly gorgeous on Extreme, I am curious to see how well the physics and environmental interaction work, and it seems like there could be potential for quite a number of suit/weapon upgrades.

Pretty much the same way I felt about the game. I am really liking the single player so far. I've played about an hour last night but I am very much looking forward to play it more tonight.

Didn't try MP yet but after playing about 6 hours of MP demo I know what to expect from it.

Steam: SpectralMeat

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 23, 2011, 11:44 Ant

So is PC/Windows port any good? I didn't get to try its multiplayer beta. I enjoyed Crysis 1 (still need to resume and finish it) and Far Cry 1 (didn't play 2).  

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 22:31 Creston

Krovven wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 21:12:
Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 17:07:
Err... Do I understand that right? They removed the corresponding CVAR, so you can't change the bullshit FoV in Crysis 2 on the PC? WTF?

Retail cvar list http://pastebin.com/Rzn7gjNb

Looks like FOV is still there.

Oh good. Phew. Thanks Krovven.

Creston

31. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 21:12 Krovven

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 17:07:
Err... Do I understand that right? They removed the corresponding CVAR, so you can't change the bullshit FoV in Crysis 2 on the PC? WTF?

Retail cvar list http://pastebin.com/Rzn7gjNb

Looks like FOV is still there.

30. removed Mar 22, 2011, 20:16 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 22, 2011, 23:05.

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 20:07 zirik

Ray Marden wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 19:23:
I really hate how they introduce you to the game, though. The limited edition servers aren't authenticating? Crappy cinematic? Low resolution? Lower detail than the actual gameplay?

it was odd that the intro cinematics were low res on first launch. but after changing the resolution settings in game the next time i restarted the cinematics were higher res. it seems the game defaults to a low res instead of auto detecting your monitors native res. its lazy programming on the part of crytek.

im still looking for the command line to change zoom toggle. i hate having to hold down the key to use gun scope. they removed/disabled a lot of commands that were available on the demo.

EDIT: found the zoom toggle command. it is apparently available WHILE playing the game in the options menu. it disappears when you are not playing and simply going to the options menu? i guess so. great QA from EA!

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 2011, 04:26.

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 19:23 Ray Marden

At least initially, I am enjoying it. I loaded it to "only play 15 minutes"...and next thing I knew, it had been one hour and fifteen minutes.

I really hate how they introduce you to the game, though. The limited edition servers aren't authenticating? Crappy cinematic? Low resolution? Lower detail than the actual gameplay? Going on and on and on....? Giving you minimal control to present a more cinematic experience?

Okay, cool, at least I can control the game no.......WTF WHY AM I WATCHING A DAMN PR0N VIDEO FOR THE SUIT?

But once I got out of that, it has opened up quite a bit. I want to tweak the FoV, but it's generally an improvement how they have streamlined the various abilities to work real time rather than having to be selected one by one.

Obviously, the game looks utterly gorgeous on Extreme, I am curious to see how well the physics and environmental interaction work, and it seems like there could be potential for quite a number of suit/weapon upgrades.

I'm annoyed that I have that stupid "work" stuff this week and I will gladly sink my weekend into what I've seen thus far.
And Portal 2 and then Duke Nukem Forever? HELL YEAH.
Loving, loving, loving my new i7-2600k and 2GB 6950,
Ray

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 2011, 13:12.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo