Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2

As Crytek tweets, today is the launch day in North America for Crysis 2, their CryENGINE 3-powered first-person shooter sequel. To celebrate, they've released a Crysis 2 launch trailer featuring a rendition of New York, New York by Bobby Ray Simmons, Jr. aka B.o.B. For those interested in sampling the game, a multiplayer Crysis 2 demo was released at the beginning of this month. The trailer is embedded below.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 15:27 ^Drag0n^

Can't wait to get home and try this one out. Started the install just before leaving for work this morning. IMO, the balance between story and freedom of movement/exploration has been about right in CryTek's games...the story progresses when you're ready to go forward, rather than constantly being pushed toward a cliff (read: CoD).

Opted for PC, because, as an ealier poster said, it's a Crytek game.

Hope I don't regret this one like I did Homefront. I never felt so ripped off as I did with that game.

^D^

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2011, 16:08.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 15:25 StingingVelvet

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 15:16:
I haven't decided whether I'll buy this on PC or console yet.
On one hand, it's Crysis. PC.
On the other hand, it led on 360 (I think) and lately I've been loathe to spend any more time in my office in front of my desktop.

Going to wait for feedback from this board before I decide. If people hate it then clearly 360. I absolutely loved Crysis, though, which may make me hate any significant changes regardless.

Both console versions reportedly have bad framerate drops and a lot of pop-in, which is absent on the PC. Despite some obvious console-focused changes the PC versions is still supposed to be very superior.

Installing off the disc right now.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 15:25 Krovven

Still downloading, about 15% done and AVG threw up a "Threat detected!" on Crysis2.exe (in my Steam folder) for Win32/Heur virus.

Anyone heard anything about this, or seen it for themselves?

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 15:17 necrosis

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 15:11:
Does the PC version still prompt you to Press Start and have virtually no graphical options?
No. It was actually patched out on the demo.
Yes.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 15:16 Beamer

I haven't decided whether I'll buy this on PC or console yet.
On one hand, it's Crysis. PC.
On the other hand, it led on 360 (I think) and lately I've been loathe to spend any more time in my office in front of my desktop.

Going to wait for feedback from this board before I decide. If people hate it then clearly 360. I absolutely loved Crysis, though, which may make me hate any significant changes regardless.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 15:11 Parallax Abstraction

Does the PC version still prompt you to Press Start and have virtually no graphical options?  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 15:05 DangerDog

Multiplayer is really meh, but the single player is suppose to be in the 10 to 12 hour range.

Still no formal announcement regarding the lack of mod support for Crysis 2 from Crytek, the Sandbox3 editor is A.W.O.L from the retail disc.

And to all those retards that saw stuff on the leaked version (dedicated server, lan support, sandbox editor) and thought that meant it would be in the retail version... you guys sure are stupid.

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo