Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2

As Crytek tweets, today is the launch day in North America for Crysis 2, their CryENGINE 3-powered first-person shooter sequel. To celebrate, they've released a Crysis 2 launch trailer featuring a rendition of New York, New York by Bobby Ray Simmons, Jr. aka B.o.B. For those interested in sampling the game, a multiplayer Crysis 2 demo was released at the beginning of this month. The trailer is embedded below.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 19:06 Verno

I don't really care what he has to say about the PC platform considering its where Crytek's success was founded in the first place but beyond that meh. The music wasn't bad but certainly didn't seem to fit the action going on in the background. That said it's better than EA's usual riff heavy angst rock crap.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 18:58 StingingVelvet

^Drag0n^ wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 18:24:
PHJF wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 17:31:
Spielberg's accolades extend beyond being a whiny game developer.

Point is: His company, his game. No different than Speilberg claiming Producer credits on Amblin films.

Re: Cyril: I don't know him well enough to even begin to attack his personality, so I can't comment on that. Makes some damn good games, though, IMO.

^D^

I'm not pissed at him or anything and I love the game, I just had to comment on that because I thought it was silly and shows he has a rather large head. It strikes me as similar to his whole "3 million copies is not enough I want to make blockbusters" thing... the man wants to be a star, and I find that kind of thing self-absorbed and annoying.

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 18:35 space captain

Ratty wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 18:13:
Never really thought about it before, but those thoughtful, mournful, electric guitar sounds were so perfect.

check em out: http://www.amazon.com/Bees-Made-Honey-Lions-Skull/dp/B000ZWWSS0

Go forth, and kill!

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 18:24 ^Drag0n^

PHJF wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 17:31:

Point is: His company, his game. No different than Speilberg claiming Producer credits on Amblin films.

Re: Cyril: I don't know him well enough to even begin to attack his personality, so I can't comment on that. Makes some damn good games, though, IMO.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 18:13 Ratty

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 17:46:
Had to turn off the trailer. The sound made me puke (sure can't call it music).
Seeing the first TV commercials for Crysis 2 reminded me how good the music in Fallout NV was. Never really thought about it before, but those thoughtful, mournful, electric guitar sounds were so perfect. So does Crysis 2 actually have that same nasty rap music as the commercial?

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 17:46 Marvin T. Martian

Can I slam Dragon Age II here.

Had to turn off the trailer. The sound made me puke (sure can't call it music).

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 17:38 Kxmode

I think eating bacon is more fun...  

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 17:31 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 17:23 ^Drag0n^

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 17:07:
"A Cervat Yerli Game"
What a fucking blowhard.

How does getting credit for the concept/script make him a blowhard? If I had as much time invested in the franchise and storyline as he did, I'd sure as hell want byline credit.

Shit, Speilberg does it on every movie he makes or produces.

^D^

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 17:07 Creston

Err... Do I understand that right? They removed the corresponding CVAR, so you can't change the bullshit FoV in Crysis 2 on the PC? WTF?

Creston

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 17:07 StingingVelvet

"A Cervat Yerli Game"

Really? That's in the opening movie... EA Presents... A Crytek Production... a "Cervat Yerli Game."

What a fucking blowhard.

Anyway, the game is pretty awesome so far. Runs at super high framerates on "extreme" and looks amazing. Not as open as Crysis obviously but very large and open areas with lots of ways to kill enemies. Enjoying it very much.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 17:04 OldScho0l

Sacrifex wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 16:53:
Yay for mediocrity!

Oh, and I totally called them removing the CVAR changes, because we are nasty, naughty cheaters for not wanting to look at blurry, over-bloomed pigshit with a horrible FOV to boot. Perhaps if any configuration options were available we wouldn't need them.

The game running poorly on consoles - the same ones they gutted the concept of a Crysis game for - is very telling. It's not that they don't care about PC gamers anymore, actually they just don't give a crap about gamers in general.

Gogo Captain Cashin!

Great post! Pigshit ftw!

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 16:53 Sacrifex

Yay for mediocrity!

Oh, and I totally called them removing the CVAR changes, because we are nasty, naughty cheaters for not wanting to look at blurry, over-bloomed pigshit with a horrible FOV to boot. Perhaps if any configuration options were available we wouldn't need them.

The game running poorly on consoles - the same ones they gutted the concept of a Crysis game for - is very telling. It's not that they don't care about PC gamers anymore, actually they just don't give a crap about gamers in general.

Gogo Captain Cashin!

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 16:33 Beamer

Fallout NV

Thank you!
I've been trying to figure out what to play now. I've got Dragon Age and Alone in the Dark in shrink wrap but one seems too time consuming and one doesn't seem worth the $5 I paid for it. I've got a bit of a hankering to play through Dead Rising again and then buy DR2, but I'm not dying for either. I've got Mass Effect, which I played maybe 4 hours of before one part I stubbornly refused to not finish but wasn't powerful enough to defeat (stupid combat or stupid user, not sure) to maybe go back to, and I kind of want to see if Halo Reach or CoD:BLOPs are any fun multiplayer now that they're both reduced in price. Plus, of course, Crysis 2, but I'll wait this one out.

But Fallout NV will destroy any of the above for me. I'm picking it up today.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 16:30 Krovven

I want to try the damn thing and not have to signup for anything in order to do so.

You may as well quit PC gaming right now then.

There is a huge stats tracking component, which requires you to log in to play. Welcome to modern multiplayer shooter gaming.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 16:21 Wallshadows

I downloaded the demo through Steam and as soon as I saw a login screen for said demo, I exited and am now in the process of uninstalling it.

What a waste of time. I want to try the damn thing and not have to signup for anything in order to do so.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 16:16 ^Drag0n^

DangerDog wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 15:35:
The demo had some 3700 CVAR settings that could be tweaked and the reduced it down to this.

http://pastebin.com/Rzn7gjNb

In a single player game, this would suck, but I can understand parring it down and eliminating a lot of the CVARs from the release in terms of multiplayer. The last thing I want is some dork using CVARs to dumb the engine down to the point that it's giving him an advantage over others.

I'm sure Blue still remembers how Tokay (American McGee) played Quake at the launch party...(d_micap=0 sure made players stand out)

^D^

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 16:10 ^Drag0n^

DX11...Meh...just another tool to force you to buy a new graphics card you really don't need.

My 2x8800GTX's are still going strong, and I have yet to hit a game they come close to slowing down on.

^D^

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 16:00 Ratty

Well, it's looking like it'll be a no-buy consolized piece of shit. Which is too bad since the last game I bought was Fallout NV last year and the only other game on the horizon I want to play will be DNF and I'm waiting until Bulletstorm is on sale ... I have nothing new to play.

I'll wait to pass final judgment until they release the DX 11 patch. Maybe they'll add more PC improvements then.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 15:35 DangerDog

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 15:11:
Does the PC version still prompt you to Press Start and have virtually no graphical options?

I'm reading reports that they removed the majority of useful CVAR commands so you can't tweak things like turn off motionblur or that god awful HDR bloom.

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=10892

The demo had some 3700 CVAR settings that could be tweaked and the reduced it down to this.

http://pastebin.com/Rzn7gjNb

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo