Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 23, 2011, 02:30 mag

I'd have eagerly bought a 3DS, and I have absolutely no intention of touching $800 smartphones. I love Nintendo's games, and playing games on smartphones sucks. I'm sorry. It does. If you disagree, you're wrong.

But. The battery life sounds terrible, $250 is way too much considering the intro prices of the previous handhelds, the launch titles are pretty lame, and they've jumped whole-hog onto the region locking thing.

Screw you, Nintendo. It's like you want to die.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 22, 2011, 11:05 Jay

Perhaps, but let's not forget that glasses-free 3D is something that most consumers never experienced before, and its novelty value alone will be enough to sell the system.  

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 22, 2011, 07:15 avianflu

Yea it seems the 3DS is not the greatest moment for the "gameboy" line. 250 bucks is pretty steep when there are now iphones and android phones that so many consumers already own.

I suspect Nintendo realizes that the gameboy "endless revenue gravy train" is over.

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 21, 2011, 23:13 Suddenly_Dead

Link to the 3DS article looks broken, should be
http://ca.kotaku.com/5783283/why-3d-isnt-the-3ds-greatest-achievement

(Edit: And now clicking on the link works. What's up with their website? Never mind me.)

Also, the article is dumb. It says the 3D isn't its greatest achievement... and then lists a bunch of lesser improvements and says their culmination is greater? That's cheating.

A browser (already one in the DSi), a pedometer (...), wifi (err), and a thumbstick aren't bigger than the 3D. Come on.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo