Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday

Treyarch Community Manager Josh "JD_2020" Olin tweets the release of the PC edition of the First Strike DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops is this Friday: "PC fans: #CODBlackOps #FirstStrike will be coming to PC March 25th! Pre-order today on Steam." As he notes, Steam is now offering pre-purchases of the DLC, and those who buy the DLC between now and 1:00 pm EDT on Friday will receive a 10% discount.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 23, 2011, 01:44 Sepharo

Ventura wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 05:49:
Most people are anti COD because they have moved away from a fun franchise to just milking their fans.

As opposed to how nobody else is milking their fans?

They've been milking those poor Counter-Strike fans for years with all those paltry map packs for $20 bucks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 22, 2011, 05:49 Ventura

Most people are anti COD because they have moved away from a fun franchise to just milking their fans.

As opposed to how nobody else is milking their fans?

COD: BLOPS is essentially the same game as COD 4 with new skins

Minus zombie mode and multiplayer with bots, you mean?

17. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 22, 2011, 03:56 Mac

Yeah a lot of people are just anti cod because it's so popular/activision. Most haven't really played it

COD: BLOPS is essentially the same game as COD 4 with new skins, and they even manage to balls up the optimisation on the PC, so it was basically unplayable for a lot of people.

Last COD game I buy - i've played it for ~15 hours in all, but i got nothing new from the game, so for me there is no point buying even more COD in the future until they start to "innovate".

16. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 22, 2011, 00:59 Ventura

Yeah a lot of people are just anti cod because it's so popular/activision. Most haven't really played it

I hear you. Say what you want about server stability (I wouldn't know, as I don't play standard multiplayer atall), but with a single player campaign, not just standard multiplayer but also multiplayer with bots, and zombie maps, there's plenty to see and do on that dvd.

Granted, like others I did experience issues with slowdowns, but they were fixed early on. There are plenty worse games out there, you can be sure of that one.

15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 22, 2011, 00:53 Ventura

Black Ops is now 4 months old, by the time W@W was 4 months old there was hundreds of zombie maps out, and thousands out now (the ZCT maps rule, and are in fact light years ahead of the official maps).

So yeah $15 for 1 new zombie map and more terrible MP maps is a fucking disgrace. At least deliver on the modtools that where promised and we'll make our own maps (a lot of which will be better than Treyarch's maps).

I can't speak for the absence of modtools, as I'm sorry to say, but I've gotten more and more used to not getting them these days. I know it doesn't make it right, but that's the way it is.

$15 might sound like a lot for one zombie map (and four multiplayer maps that I probably won't play very much atall), but if I get even half the time from this new map that I've gotten from Kino Der Toten, then it'll have proven itself to have been pretty good value for me.

I played several of the community zombie maps that had been made for World at War, but none of them really did anything for me. Not compared to the official maps, at any rate.

14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 22, 2011, 00:49 Vazz

Ventura wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 22:13:
I bought it straight away. $13.50AU ish for five new maps, one of which, Ascension, is a zombie one? Hell yeah.

Sorry to not join the anti-Black Ops bandwagon in these parts, but I have spent more time playing the zombies online than I have most other games all up. There's also a full single player campaign and multiplayer bot mode for me to get stuck into aswell, if I ever get bored of shooting the zombies, that is.

This is one of those (albeit quite rare) times where I feel the criticism being flung about here isn't entirely justified.

Yeah a lot of people are just anti cod because it's so popular/activision. Most haven't really played it. I used to be like that but then I decided to try it and was surprised at how many good features it had that a lot of pc games are missing these days. Things like lean, prone, players can make their own servers without being forced to buy dedicated ones, bots, and theater mode really made Treyarch get more respect from me. Wish Dice would do all this in their heavily praised Battlefield 3. Mean

13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 22:57 born2expire

I love the zombie maps, but without modtools things are so boring. I mean 2 maps come on, and you really want 15$ for 1 more and some more crappy chokepoint induced MP maps? Really?

Black Ops is now 4 months old, by the time W@W was 4 months old there was hundreds of zombie maps out, and thousands out now (the ZCT maps rule, and are in fact light years ahead of the official maps).

So yeah $15 for 1 new zombie map and more terrible MP maps is a fucking disgrace. At least deliver on the modtools that where promised and we'll make our own maps (a lot of which will be better than Treyarch's maps).

12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 22:45 Sepharo

I have a newish-friend who whenever I go to his places he's all, "I got that new zombies map man! I bet you wanna play it!" he's only got a 360 and a smallish TV and everytime I have to politely decline without launching into a glorious PC master race smack down.  

11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 22:13 Ventura

I bought it straight away. $13.50AU ish for five new maps, one of which, Ascension, is a zombie one? Hell yeah.

Sorry to not join the anti-Black Ops bandwagon in these parts, but I have spent more time playing the zombies online than I have most other games all up. There's also a full single player campaign and multiplayer bot mode for me to get stuck into aswell, if I ever get bored of shooting the zombies, that is.

This is one of those (albeit quite rare) times where I feel the criticism being flung about here isn't entirely justified.

10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 21:56 born2expire

Still waiting on modtools, so we don't have to give these assclowns any more money and fix the game that they would rather "improve" then fix.  

9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 21:46 xXBatmanXx

meh.

Other games are coming out - no need to buy this.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 21:34 StingingVelvet

Kevin Lowe wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 19:20:
Given that it's already #2 on the Top Sellers list, homie very much appears to be playing dat. But hey, feel free to offer some business tips to Activision; I'm sure that with your advice they'll turn their profit numbers around.

Indeed.

It is a shame people pay for map packs, but they do and you can't blame companies for selling them what they buy.

7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 21:28 SpectralMeat

So where are those mod tools, they've promised?  

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 21:15 entr0py

The One wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 19:31:
yeah....right. Like I will pay them any more money.....shit game shit dlc.....bring on the BF3, and the King Baby...hail to the king.

Shame the multi-player on Duke Nukem Forever is being made by one of EA's shovelware developers rather than Gearbox. But I have high hopes for BF3.

5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 19:57 ExitWound

After how they've treated the PC gamers on this port, no way Treyarch is getting my money. From repeated crashing to the main servers being down, glitches in the menu system, to the lack of communication about the issues, they lost my respect.  

4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 19:31 The One

yeah....right. Like I will pay them any more money.....shit game shit dlc.....bring on the BF3, and the King Baby...hail to the king.  

3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 19:20 Kevin Lowe

MajorD wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 18:45:
Paying for PC DLC? HOMIE DON'T PLAY DAT!!! Clown

These other AssClown developers need to take lessons from Valve when it comes to PC DLC!!!
Given that it's already #2 on the Top Sellers list, homie very much appears to be playing dat. But hey, feel free to offer some business tips to Activision; I'm sure that with your advice they'll turn their profit numbers around.

2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 19:17 deadearth

I think people were speculating it would be free for PC, but i never read anything official.  

1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 18:45 MajorD

Is it me, or when they announced it, didn't it seem implied that it would be a free DLC for the PC? Or did I just read into what I wanted to read? Disappointed

Paying for PC DLC? HOMIE DON'T PLAY DAT!!! Clown

These other AssClown developers need to take lessons from Valve when it comes to PC DLC!!!

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo