Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Prey 2 Details

The NeoGAF Forums have details from the new issue of Game Informer magazine on Prey 2, the recently announced first-person shooter sequel in the works at Human Head Studios. Word is the game has been in development for three years, the Xbox 360 is the main platform, the game is "Heavily inspired by Mirror's Edge, but also Mass Effect, Riddick and Blade Runner," the game will have no multiplayer support, nor will the console versions support 3D, Kinect, or Move. The game will also have DLC and will have a loot system "similar to the one of Borderlands." Thanks VG247.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 21:17 Razumen

Hump wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 20:47:
This sounds like a game made by CUNTS.

As much shit as Broussard gets for being a lazy prick, at least he knew how to make a fun game. Here we have a bunch of prima-donnas trying to reinvent the wheel. Mirrors Edge? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??!!

Die HH, just die.

The original Prey was made by Humanhead, might I remind you.

That said, there's nothing wrong with them being inspired by other games, the first Prey wasn't that great except for the portals and shifting gravity, and even those things didn't make the game all the awesome either.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 20:47 Hump

This sounds like a game made by CUNTS.

As much shit as Broussard gets for being a lazy prick, at least he knew how to make a fun game. Here we have a bunch of prima-donnas trying to reinvent the wheel. Mirrors Edge? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??!!

Die HH, just die.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

15. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 15:25 Linksil

The only good dlc they can put out would be a full functional MP. Other then that it will just be considered Cut for time/exploiting money.

The fact that the 360 is the main platform: means to me that the cool stuff of being attacked from all angles will be cut down to almost nothing, because of using a controller instead of a mouse.

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

14. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 15:23 Jerykk

I can't think of a single unique part of Prey anyone would have any minor interest in preserving.

I thought the setting and style were pretty unique. I really liked the fusion of biology and technology. Also, the protagonist was Native American.

13. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 14:37 bhcompy

Just give me a full game of the creepyass radio broadcasts

/intro to Prey was bitchin

12. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 14:23 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 12:29:
They're building upon the old game by adding new stuff.
Are you one of the developers? You're just guessing

11. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 13:19 theyarecomingforyou

As already mentioned, Prey wasn't exactly original... it was only the portals and gravity effect that made it stand out. The combat was mediocre and the AI was dire. If they can take inspiration from games like Mirror's Edge and Borderlands and run with it then I'm all for it. If they simply copy & paste elements from said games then it will likely fall apart, as you need some originality to stick out from the crowd.

I'm still interested.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

10. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 12:37 Elf Shot The Food

It'll also have the best elements of Call of Duty, Burnout Paradise, and IL-2 Sturmovik.  

9. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 12:29 Beamer

Then explain to me ... why do they have to mention other games and features from other games to describe their new game?

They're building upon the old game by adding new stuff.

The only single piece of Prey that I'd call both unique and good was the portals (well, and the gravity/scale changes, which were tied to the portals.) If they strip everything else out but that and build back up form there it's still Prey.

The soul-walking was stupid and the death minigame was mind-numbing. I can't think of a single unique part of Prey anyone would have any minor interest in preserving.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 11:33 reisub

Inspired by Westwood Studio's Blade Runner? Cool. xD

Is the mention of DLC supposed to be positive? It usually just guarantees I won't buy a game when it first comes out.

Loot system? :<

7. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 11:30 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 11:25:
I don't care if it's like the original, this sounds fucking awesome.
And you dont even had to press a button. Awesomeness for casuals!

6. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 11:25 StingingVelvet

I don't care if it's like the original, this sounds fucking awesome.  

5. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 11:18 Parias

Exactly, this is a pretty terrible piece of initial PR - makes me 'not' want to get excited about the game more than anything.  

4. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 11:14 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 11:09:
There's no indication that any of these three things are going away
Then explain to me ... why do they have to mention other games and features from other games to describe their new game? Or was that just some extreme stupid marketing talk?

No, i dont know, what the final game will look like. But i have a very bad feeling about it

3. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 11:09 Beamer

Things that made Prey unique:
1) Portals
2) Soul-walking
3) Death mini-game

There's no indication that any of these three things are going away, though I'd assume soul-walking and the death mini-game will. Both of those I'd consider addition by subtraction, as both were kind of stupid.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 11:05 Linksil

This one statement just turned this game into a 5 dollar steam sale max purchase for me. And I liked mirrors edge.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

1. Re: Prey 2 Details Mar 21, 2011, 10:56 Kajetan

Yay! Throw everything out, what made Prey unique. Just copy popular gameplay features from popular games. THAT will sell for sure ...

*yawn*

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo