Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month

Following the couple of hints, BioWare officially announces Arrival for Mass Effect 2, saying the promised final DLC for the action/RPG will be released on March 29 for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 for 560 space bucks/5.49. Here's word:

In Mass Effect: Arrival, Commander Shepard is sent to the edge of the galaxy to rescue an undercover operative who may have evidence of an imminent Reaper invasion that has been looming since the very beginning of the series. Returning and playing a prominent role in Mass Effect: Arrival is fan favorite Admiral Hackett, who is voiced by legendary science-fiction actor Lance Henriksen (Alien, Terminator).

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

43. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 20, 2011, 11:09 StingingVelvet

Every story DLC can be done after the game, I doubt this one will be any different.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 19, 2011, 12:41 Elessar

DG wrote on Mar 19, 2011, 11:15:
Anyone know if this DLC will take place after the end, or will I need to start a new game in order to trigger this somewhere in the middle?
I've read speculation that this takes place post suicide mission, bridging the gap between ME2 and ME3. Still trying to get a sure answer myself.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

41. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 19, 2011, 11:15 DG

Anyone know if this DLC will take place after the end, or will I need to start a new game in order to trigger this somewhere in the middle?  

40. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 19, 2011, 09:28 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 21:01:
Gaming forum? More like any interaction with other human beings. When there is no auditory or visual context for a conversation people are bound to misunderstand each other.

True enough. Internet communication is the worst though, as there is no expression, tone or context, but people write in conversational style.

39. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 19, 2011, 01:21 Elessar

Elessar wrote:
Whoa, such a touchy person. There's nothing wrong with griping and I've never indicated it's the greatest thing on the planet. But judging from how much you overreact about everything (that I've seen), I can understand why you'd interpret my impression of the game as such.
Creston wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah, blablabla. You're the one that began whining because I voiced a concern about ME 3's dev time, labeled it "griping", and now that I've called you out on it, you're acting like a hurt little bitch by calling me touchy. Sorry we don't all share your blind devotion to a developer there, buddy.
LOL. I assure you, you have not hurt my feelings. Watching how quickly you decline into such a ridiculous, unnecessary rage is sad.

The funny thing is once you explained your gripes, I somewhat agreed. But you're so defensive you make any chance of reasonable debate impossible.

Your claims about me being a shill are laughable. I already explained in this very thread I don't like DA1, which is a Bioware game. I don't care for their other games other than Mass Effect either. Not that they're bad, but their not my thing. So take your own advice and quit making assumptions.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2011, 01:52.

38. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 19, 2011, 00:17 spindoctor

Suddenly_Dead wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 18:12:
peteham wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 17:43:
Hmmm, 560 space bucks ain't a lot, suggesting it'll be a short affair.. Oh well.

It's also just enough that you don't have any left over to buy anything, save maybe an indie game or a rockband song.

For the PC, you can buy exactly 560 Bioware points from the site so you won't end up with more points than you need for this DLC.

On the 360, you're screwed.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

37. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 23:05 Creston

Elessar wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 17:50:
Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 16:49:
Elessar wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 16:16:

Valid points. Now start with that and assumptions wouldn't need to be made. That, or don't get offended when assumptions are made based on limited griping.

Or, how about you just randomly quit interpreting something as griping just because not everyone shares your personal opinions about how DA2 is the greatest fucking thing on the planet.

Creston
Whoa, such a touchy person. There's nothing wrong with griping and I've never indicated it's the greatest thing on the planet. But judging from how much you overreact about everything (that I've seen), I can understand why you'd interpret my impression of the game as such.

Yeah yeah yeah, blablabla. You're the one that began whining because I voiced a concern about ME 3's dev time, labeled it "griping", and now that I've called you out on it, you're acting like a hurt little bitch by calling me touchy. Sorry we don't all share your blind devotion to a developer there, buddy.

Creston

36. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 21:01 Verno

Gaming forum? More like any interaction with other human beings. When there is no auditory or visual context for a conversation people are bound to misunderstand each other.  

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman

35. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 18:26 StingingVelvet

Elessar wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 17:50:

Exaggeration and being overly dramatic about games is pretty common on any gaming forum really.

34. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 18:12 Suddenly_Dead

peteham wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 17:43:
Hmmm, 560 space bucks ain't a lot, suggesting it'll be a short affair.. Oh well.

It's also just enough that you don't have any left over to buy anything, save maybe an indie game or a rockband song.

33. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 18:09 Wolfen

Great. Now if I could just not crash at all on the IFF Reaper boss fight I could finish the game and enjoy some added content. This still isn't fixed. I don't know if its Nvidia's fault (probably is) or Biowares. There are massive threads on this problem but I have yet to solve it.  

32. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 17:50 Elessar

Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 16:49:

Valid points. Now start with that and assumptions wouldn't need to be made. That, or don't get offended when assumptions are made based on limited griping.

Or, how about you just randomly quit interpreting something as griping just because not everyone shares your personal opinions about how DA2 is the greatest fucking thing on the planet.

Creston

31. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 17:43 peteham

30. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 16:49 Creston

Creston

29. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 16:26 StingingVelvet

They are completely separate teams and unlike DA2 ME3 should basically just be more story content on the same framework, so hopefully it's not as rushed and repetitive as DA2.  

28. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 16:16 Elessar

Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 16:10:
Elessar wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 14:53:
Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 13:00:
Especially seeing what they did with a short dev time for DA2.

Creston
Your gripe seems to be about the transition that DA made from 1 to 2. As I said earlier DA2 is a lot like ME2. So it seems they're maintaining their faster paced, tactical gameplay mentality. Which is what you'd expect from ME3. So what it really looks like to me is you're concluding that since they ruined the style of DA1 in DA2, to you, they're going to suck with anything else they release. Too broad of a conclusion imo.

How about you stop assuming what my problem with the development of DA2 is? I don't particularly care that they made the gameplay faster in DA2. What I do care about is that their lack of dev time shines through in all areas of the game. Fedex quests, being stuck in one city that's pretty bog-standard boring RPG fare, reusing the same dungeon 5 trillion times.

I loved the wide variety of areas in ME2, and the wide variety of quests (even if admittedly they all boiled down to: Run through a level and kill everything), the wide variety of characters, all the side quests, etc.

I don't want to see all that go the way of the dodo because Bioware decided they can now make games in half the time, especially when DA2 is pretty decisively showing that, actually, no they can't.

Creston

27. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 16:10 Creston

Elessar wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 14:53:
Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 13:00:
Especially seeing what they did with a short dev time for DA2.

Creston
Your gripe seems to be about the transition that DA made from 1 to 2. As I said earlier DA2 is a lot like ME2. So it seems they're maintaining their faster paced, tactical gameplay mentality. Which is what you'd expect from ME3. So what it really looks like to me is you're concluding that since they ruined the style of DA1 in DA2, to you, they're going to suck with anything else they release. Too broad of a conclusion imo.

How about you stop assuming what my problem with the development of DA2 is? I don't particularly care that they made the gameplay faster in DA2. What I do care about is that their lack of dev time shines through in all areas of the game. Fedex quests, being stuck in one city that's pretty bog-standard boring RPG fare, reusing the same dungeon 5 trillion times.

I loved the wide variety of areas in ME2, and the wide variety of quests (even if admittedly they all boiled down to: Run through a level and kill everything), the wide variety of characters, all the side quests, etc.

I don't want to see all that go the way of the dodo because Bioware decided they can now make games in half the time, especially when DA2 is pretty decisively showing that, actually, no they can't.

Creston

26. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 15:49 Verno

Fair enough, I agree but I do understand why it's a cause for concern.  

25. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 15:42 Elessar

I wasn't comparing transitions. Just pointing out the similarities in pacing and combat that DA2 shared with ME2. So if that style of play is their current philosophy, then ME3 should be largely unaffected.

Still I think it's too early to write off Bioware simply because people don't like the style change in one of their series. I get why someone would be disappointed, but by no means does the change indicate that Bioware sucks now. At least it shouldn't for any reasonable person.

24. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 15:27 Verno

Unfortunately that's not really the case, DA2 fails in trying to pull off a similar transition that the Mass Effect series went through. In fact DA2 in general is a source of concern as Bioware has shifted to shorter development cycles which seems to be sacrificing a lot of depth and quality from their titles, assuming DA2 isn't just an aberration. A lot of disappointment seems to be going around now even from the games more ardent fans, it's been a bit gratifying to see the attitude shift in the more casual people on the bioware social forums especially. Hopefully all of this is confined to DA2 and doesn't affect the Mass Effect series.  

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo